What do you want from GNR now?

AndreCC

What do you want from GNR now?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically looking at it; retirement. It will be a cold day in hell before we get another album from Axl. It will be an even colder day in the deepest pits of hell before we get a reunion. Even the nostalgia milking wouldn't be that bad, even without the ones who created the nostalgia along with him, if his voice was up to snuff. But it's losing more and more consistency as time goes on, and it doesn't even seem like he's trying anymore. It seems like he goes on stage to just maintain his lifestyle now with the least effort he can, and that's just sad.

Honestly, I would have tremendous respect for Axl to just have the decency to call it a day at this point. He's already put the "GNR" name through enough disappointment.

Guest bellastar2355

What I really want is a "limited edition" GNR beach towel... Holy shit my prayers have been answered and that's the prize for the current Nightrain contest!

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Ideal solution to me would be Axl retiring Gn'R name for good (before damaging anymore the legacy), start a new band under his name or something along that line, bring back Duff & Izzy (to write new music & play a few gigs) and finally release new music. After that start touring the world, playing good ol' Gn'R greatest hits and new stuff.

In this order:

- Chinese Democracy Years box set containing all worthwhile songs from 1998 to 2008. Demo's, unreleased etc.

- New album with new material written exclusively by THIS band

- Either tour promoting the new material or moving on to a second album with new material

Edited by username

In this order:

- Chinese Democracy Years box set containing all worthwhile songs from 1998 to 2008. Demo's, unreleased etc.

- New album with new material written exclusively by THIS band

- Either tour promoting the new material or moving on to a second album with new material

This would be awesome!

I don't think a boxset will ever happen though. Main reason is because boxsets are usually not very marketable. They're only made for certain kinds of public. Mainly the die hard fans who don't kind to spend 40 dollars on a boxset full of demos and unreleased stuff...the casual fan usually will not buy this kind of stuff... so in regards to sales this would fail. Nonetheless, it would be a dream for die hard fans like us!

CD was (poorly) marketed at large crowds. Big distribution deals etc. Turns out only the diehard fans cared for it and bought it. A box set doesn't need that. It's only aimed at a small audience who keep up with what a band is doing anyway. A boxset would be VERY marketable to that same audience. Even at a high price.

Afterall, that's also the main group that ended up buying CD.

I think Axl lost out $ wise.... He could have had a huge documentary... 'Rebuilding Guns N' Roses.' If we're talking about something for the Die-Hards. Think about all the Golden footage there is. The Vegas Shows, the VMA Rehearsals.. Special guest spots from Brian May, Dave Navarrow, Shaq, etc. There must be hundreds of hours of usable audio and performances. If Axl wanted to cash out on something that coulda been it.

• 3 weeks later...