Forum Upgraded to 3.4.3

highvoltage

Yeah guys, there are a few issues with the skin. I enabled the IPB skin by default, but I'll have to double check it's been applied for all members.

This was only supposed to be a minor update, so I applied it thinking we'd be fine; but our skin does some weird stuff to the post-box, and they overhauled it for this version, so it's broken it.

I've already arranged for someone to work on (and fix) the skin ASAP, so the forum will be back to normal shortly. Thanks for everyone's patience.

This is why I strongly discourage you to have a life outside this forum 'voltage! <_<

;)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board has been glitchy as fuck for weeks, and all of a sudden today the quotes don't works. Invision is ass.

The software is great but I don't think they've been the best host recently. The bugs today come from the implementation of the skin, not anything invision has caused.

@highvoltage: Did the changelog not mention any changes to the template/skin system? :(

The new system makes editing quotes in posts very awkward. I try to delete just a little bit of a block of text to make the quote easier to read and it takes away the whole quote box. Maybe I just suck at the Internet.

You can always switch to the BBCode editor to use the old quote system. The changes are built into the software though - not something we can customise out.

@Aaron, I was trying to save a little money (I only work two days a week while I study, and support my partner and I) and thought I'd tweaked the skin enough for it to work with minor bugs on 3.4.3. There were some more significant changes I didn't properly anticipate, and the updated skin I made was unuseable - so I had to revert to the default skin until a professional can upgrade ours. I've paid him, so it shouldn't be too long. We don't have a test forum (anymore) to pre-install upgrades on so it all has to be worked on the live board.

Sob story: the skin money came out of my GNR fund. I'm -1 show now so I'm well and truly paying for the mistake. :(

The new system makes editing quotes in posts very awkward. I try to delete just a little bit of a block of text to make the quote easier to read and it takes away the whole quote box. Maybe I just suck at the Internet.

You can always switch to the BBCode editor to use the old quote system. The changes are built into the software though - not something we can customise out.

@Aaron, I was trying to save a little money (I only work two days a week while I study, and support my partner and I) and thought I'd tweaked the skin enough for it to work with minor bugs on 3.4.3. There were some more significant changes I didn't properly anticipate, and the updated skin I made was unuseable - so I had to revert to the default skin until a professional can upgrade ours. I've paid him, so it shouldn't be too long. We don't have a test forum (anymore) to pre-install upgrades on so it all has to be worked on the live board.

Sob story: the skin money came out of my GNR fund. I'm -1 show now so I'm well and truly paying for the mistake. :(

A test forum would be ideal. Is there a reason there is not one?

Since we are on the topic of skins....

A new forum skin is on the roadmap as well as an exciting interview exclusive to MYGNRFORUM on the way!

What happened?

We had an interview with Slash and implemented a new skin in October 2012?

So a new banner is considered the new skin? I think skins are the coloring, not banners.

It's not like I'm trying to rub shit in your face. LOL The discussion of the skins reminded me that the only thing that I knew of that changed was the banners and a few new features. On any board, whether ya choose a new skin or download to install a new skin, it involves color changes more than any thing else. Hence, my question.

Edited by Rustycage

I figured it was beyond control. It does work (I did it successfully here :P) but if you accidentally highlight either the box before or after what you're removing it takes out the whole thing. Nothing major, just some getting used to. Thanks high!

A new forum skin is on the roadmap as well as an exciting interview exclusive to MYGNRFORUM on the way!

What happened?

So a new banner is considered the new skin? I think skins are the coloring, not banners.

They completely changed the skin last year.

What happened?

It was still the same color. Skin changes involve color changes like maybe a black background. Maybe I missed where the ability to change the colors was implemented but as I edited in the post above, skins involve color schemes as much as anything else.

What happened?
It was still the same color. Skin changes involve color changes like maybe a black background. Maybe I missed where the ability to change the colors was implemented but as I edited in the post above, skins involve color schemes as much as anything else.
Sure, except we said all along that we'd have the same colour scheme, just modernised. People are used to this colour scheme and we like it. :shrugs:

If we implemented a second skin, then that's an extra skin to update with every board upgrade; we don't really have the resources for it.

@GG - it's just not included in the package we're on with Invision.

What happened?

Maybe you didn't notice but they did and the forum looked even better than before (it was more like an enhanced version of the old one). I hope that skin remains because it's damn great for my eyes.