Bumblefoot eatmoreheat.com stream: hot sauces and gnr insights. UPDATE: RECORDED VIDEO NOW IN OPENING POST

saber_

what the fuck ? Izzy and Duff in Australia ?

Yep...Bumble said it!

Shit man, Australia is going to get awesome shows, and maybe songs that they haven't played in a long time !

Yay! More covers.

Well, i was talking about So Fine or Dust N' Bones, anyway...

Which the current band would be covering. Thus "cover songs."

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

noo :( i missed it, so duff+izzy at the same time? really? thats orgasmic

But now I'm the only one that listened to the most important part of the interview?

Yep...Bumble said it!

Shit man, Australia is going to get awesome shows, and maybe songs that they haven't played in a long time !

Yay! More covers.

Ah, got your point. It's your opinion. For me it's good to have one or two songs fresh in the set, even if it's an old song

Yep...Bumble said it!

Yay! More covers.

Ah, got your point. It's your opinion. For me it's good to have one or two songs fresh in the set, even if it's an old song

It's just that the more they play the older material from the old band, the more the label of "cover band" or "nostalgia act" will remain.

Calm down, he only said that both Duff and Izzy are going to be in Australia during the tour and it would be cool to jam or something like that, not that they are actually going to play with them. They just will be in the country doing their own businesses.

Edited by Rafał

Going down is slower paced, acoustic-ey, that something Bob Dylan could have done. A Tommy Stinson song.

(i'm paraphrasing him, but it's pretty close)

It also features Stinson on vocals and Axl on main chorus.

(That's me saying that, not Bumble -> NOTE: i'm not insider and i don't have the song, so don't pm about that)

That sounds great. Massive Tommy fan, and would love to see how Axl would approach a song like that.

Tommy's solo stuff is great - looking forward to hearing this at some point now.

Bumble said he doesn't see an album in the near future. He mentioned some unreleased songs, but he doesn't consider that a new album. It wasn't clear if he was implying some unreleased songs would eventually be released. As he's said in the past, those songs were made by a different band.

Fuckin depressing man :(

Interesting stuff. Ron doesn't seem so excited about the unreleased material as the other guys. Even Richard, who seems to be down to earth, said his favorite Guns N' Roses song is an unreleased song, but Ron always talks which such a depressing tone. I understand he was not part of the creative process and the original recording, but he recorded a bunch of stuff and was probably added on most songs.

Yep...Bumble said it!

Yay! More covers.

Enjoy your little world! Edited by tr420

Axl can't act like a normal person because he is not a normal person. I watched a Law & Order: SVU episode yesterday in which Stabler's daughter is diagnosed as maniac depressive as well. There's some serious shit. They say that the disease is genetic, so they reach the girl's grandmother, who also had it, and when the girl is in jail the grandmother come to talk to her. I know it's a TV show, but their conversation was very interesting, and I related to Axl a lot.

They said that some days they wake up so tired they feel like sleeping for another 12 hours, but some days they wake up feeling like traveling the world and learning new stuff. But then, out of nowhere, they just feel like staying at the bed doing nothing. Just like Axl with his giantic projects for Chinese Democracy - triple album, videoclips in Shangai, etc... and out of nowhere, tours cancellations. He even cancelled the 2010 tour, but Team Brazil managed to get him to change his mind.

And the grandmother says once that she tried the Lithium medicines - the same Axl refused to take - and that she acted normal, but she felt empty, like if she had no soul. And then she says that she would prefer to live this crazy life of ups and downs rather than be on that dark place again (under the Lithium medication). She says that she lived the life the way she wanted to, and is paying a terrible price for it.

Pretty much like Axl. Understand that Axl can't act normal because he is not normal. He is clinically crazy, mentally ill. As if the disease is not enough, he has been to some serious trauma as a kid, which I'm sure didn't help at all.

Well, just felt like sharing it, because that episode really made me think of Axl.

Edited by ManetsBR

Shame that they don't play Atlas then, you think they would want to add something new. Kind of pathetic to play Neil Young covers when there's other stuff just lying around, but Axl doesn't work for the fans. It's his music, very personal to him, and he shouldn't be criticised for doing what he wants with it.