Bumblefoot eatmoreheat.com stream: hot sauces and gnr insights. UPDATE: RECORDED VIDEO NOW IN OPENING POST

saber_

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing about a double album/boxset of all of the unreleased material is, I am just wondering how much 'quality' material they have to pull it off. There are filler and shitty tracks on CD (if the world, scraped) so there is a good bet there will be shitty tracks amongst the material which did not even qualify for CD! I do not know how much material he has in the vaults though. If he has 'forty' songs, 15-20 of those might be 'album' calibre.

So no new album? I thought they were supposed to be in the studio late last year according to insiders. lol well shit

He's actually said something about Atlas Shrugged and the General, and you're still just trying to provoke arguments about the same old shit?

It IS confusing though. Fortus said they were working on NEW songs with hopes to have something out by 2013. Now Bumble is saying nothing new has been worked on, not to expect anything new in the near future, and that if Axl did release anything soon, it would be leftovers from the CD sessions.

If something new was being worked on, wouldn't Bumble, one of Axl's lead guitarist, be apart of it? Or even at least know about it?

Which is it?

Its a confusing,perplexing, mystery master plan set up to keep people guessing until the final moment.And than BAMMMMM!Hits yah right in the nuts when your not expecting it,and you kinda wanna cry but your laughing to while your trying to catch your breath.

So did your sailaway account get banned? Why did you abandon that persona? And why haven't you grasped that most of us weren't born yesterday and can see right through your guises? Try harder next time around, surely you can do better than this.

The thing about a double album/boxset of all of the unreleased material is, I am just wondering how much 'quality' material they have to pull it off. There are filler and shitty tracks on CD (if the world, scraped) so there is a good bet there will be shitty tracks amongst the material which did not even qualify for CD! I do not know how much material he has in the vaults though. If he has 'forty' songs, 15-20 of those might be 'album' calibre.

They could have one disk be the finished material. Another could be demo's and instrumentals. It doesn't have to be "quality" material, just put it out there. If you not going to release the material because the people who recorded it aren't in the band anymore, or you feel it's not relevant anymore for a GN'R 2013 release, than just put out out there without any fuss.

Many bands put out box-set's or double albums of unreleased material/demo's. It'll be the easiest way possible (IMO) to get all the unreleased music out. Than start from scratch with the new band.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

So no new album? I thought they were supposed to be in the studio late last year according to insiders. lol well shit

He's actually said something about Atlas Shrugged and the General, and you're still just trying to provoke arguments about the same old shit?

It IS confusing though. Fortus said they were working on NEW songs with hopes to have something out by 2013. Now Bumble is saying nothing new has been worked on

No, he didn't say that. He said they haven't been in the studio together recording. There is no reason to not assume individual band members have worked on songs they hope to have on the next record, and even shared ideas with each other (which multiple band members have said they have done).

Which is it?

It's just you twisting things again.

They should just release CD 2 and then work on totally new material. We'd all be happy I think.

Or release a box-set of all the unreleased material, than start from scratch. That way, everything is out there and us diehard fans have something to hold us over until we get a new album with the current band.

I'll easily drop 100 bucks for a box-set of unreleased material.

Yeah, I would too. Axl just won't let us give him our money.

He just said Atlas Shrugged almost made it on ChiDem, but it would've taken the album past the 74 minute mark. He talked about doing the solo for it, and that he had the solo for the song on his laptop. He said Atlas Shrugged will be going on ChiDem2. (he even used the phrase "ChiDem2")

He said Blood in the Water is a fake.

Nice

I remember from the chats, he was talkin' about a song, he wrote it, but it didn't make the cut...

But i don't think this is Atlas Shrugged, maybe he was talking about another song....

I'm watching now, he said there's no album, they haven't rehearsed or been in the studio, nothing. If anything gets released it'd be old material (from the ChiDem sessions).

If...

Btw it seems to me he is very talkative about the new songs, interesting...

It's a shame that this topic title focusing the hot sauces...

Izzy and Duff in Australia!!! I'm telling the truth and Manetz...Bumble says that he isn't lying :D

Izzy & Duff on a same stage with Axl?

It would be fucking cool!

Edited by Crash Diet

Well, depends what up mean by new.

When Rich says new he might mean not already released stuff. And Ron makes the distinction that those unreleased songs are old, as he wants to record new stuff.

But to us those old songs like Atlas and General will be new.

And when Ron says not in the near future, that could mean not next month. Rich says this year hopefully but didnt say the near future. Nov 23rd 2013?

Calling it CD 2 confirms that Axl saw it as a double. seeing as nothing else is going on that seems plausible.

So CD II out this year. After cross referencing those two interviews I think we can say this is possible.

Edited by wasted

They could have one disk be the finished material. Another could be demo's and instrumentals. It doesn't have to be "quality" material, just put it out there. If you not going to release the material because the people who recorded it aren't in the band anymore, or you feel it's not relevant anymore for a GN'R 2013 release, than just put out out there without any fuss.

Many bands put out box-set's or double albums of unreleased material/demo's. It'll be the easiest way possible (IMO) to get all the unreleased music out. Than start from scratch with the new band.

I agree but if there are some real 'gems' - say, of Better/TWAT calibre - I do not think they would want to bury them on a fans only expensive boxset. B-sides were the normal route in the past for bands which wanted to offload crappy-to-medicore material but nobody releases singles now.

Well, pointless speculating really as we have no idea what is in the vaults, numerically or quality. Axl might have a few Estrangeds in there for all we know, but he might also have 40 songs of Scraped quality!

Personally I think we can say that the quality will be same as CD, those guys would have said if they werent as good, a couple of them said phenomenal or something. Then also they would say if it was massively different, it's still that band who and recorded

Assumption are funny

The best of Metallica's Load sessions ended up on Load, not Reload. No matter how much the band insisted otherwise, Reload always sounded like the b-scraps. I am not denying that I am guessing a lot here but I do find it worrying when songs as poor as Scraped, If the World and Sorry make the first album.

The best of Metallica's Load sessions ended up on Load, not Reload. No matter how much the band insisted otherwise, Reload always sounded like the b-scraps. I am not denying that I am guessing a lot here but I do find it worrying when songs as poor as Scraped, If the World and Sorry make the first album.

Opinions are funny. Some people mihht find if the world and sorry to be some of the best on cd. Remember in the world of music quality there is no such thing as fact. Everything is an opinion when it comes to quality.

Maybe the new record will consist mostly of Ashba-written material with maybe the best 4 or 5 songs from the unreleased ChiDem material? I doubt Bumble would be talking about songs like Atlas Shrugged, Going Down and The General unless they were being considered for release, and the fact that he's mentioning this all now supports Fortus' claims that they're trying to get the record out by the end of this year. But this is all just speculation/ wishful thinking.

Atlas Shrugged and the General aren't "new songs," though. They've been talked about for a while now.

They're both over ten years old, same with Zodiac, Seven, Soul Monster, etc. Ron is correct that "ChiDem2" would not be a "new" recording. However, it's still (by far) what I want to see released more than anything else...

Axl can't act like a normal person because he is not a normal person. I watched a Law & Order: SVU episode yesterday in which Stabler's daughter is diagnosed as maniac depressive as well. There's some serious shit. They say that the disease is genetic, so they reach the girl's grandmother, who also had it, and when the girl is in jail the grandmother come to talk to her. I know it's a TV show, but their conversation was very interesting, and I related to Axl a lot.

They said that some days they wake up so tired they feel like sleeping for another 12 hours, but some days they wake up feeling like traveling the world and learning new stuff. But then, out of nowhere, they just feel like staying at the bed doing nothing. Just like Axl with his giantic projects for Chinese Democracy - triple album, videoclips in Shangai, etc... and out of nowhere, tours cancellations. He even cancelled the 2010 tour, but Team Brazil managed to get him to change his mind.

And the grandmother says once that she tried the Lithium medicines - the same Axl refused to take - and that she acted normal, but she felt empty, like if she had no soul. And then she says that she would prefer to live this crazy life of ups and downs rather than be on that dark place again (under the Lithium medication). She says that she lived the life the way she wanted to, and is paying a terrible price for it.

Pretty much like Axl. Understand that Axl can't act normal because he is not normal. He is clinically crazy, mentally ill. As if the disease is not enough, he has been to some serious trauma as a kid, which I'm sure didn't help at all.

Well, just felt like sharing it, because that episode really made me think of Axl.

It's ass holes like this that act like they're Axl's brother or doctor labeling the man with mental disorders and whatever else that should simply be thrown off a cliff. Little hint for ya, bunky, SHUT THE FUCK UP. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't presume crap you read on fan forums and in the press to be gospel.

I don't post here much and go all the way back to the start of the forums in the late 90's, and this this guy definitely make my top 10 douche bag lists. A know-it-all imbosol that's good at spreading rumors. Truth is, some dude 15 years ago writes an article presuming all these problems with Axl. There's no proof any of it is true. It takes off on forums and twisted over and over again until Axl is painted as some unstable monster just waiting to explode or implode. Then idiots like this continue to take their own assumptions and hypotheses and parade them around as if they're facts.

Shut the hole up in your face, dude. It takes a lot to get me to come out and post and it's usually morons like you who do so.

I'm not the biggest GNR or Axl fan right now, either. I'm pissed that I watched potentially the greatest band of all time implode, then reform under Axl with big promises, only to have just about every single one broken in regard to the timing of things and new material. Any hope of GNR being as mainstream and popular as they were in the 80s & 90s went out the window with the constant delays, lack of promotion and Axl's insistence that he's still relevant. Which he certainly is not in today's music scene.

I still come here because I'm still a fan. But like a Cleveland Brown fan might be, I'm not to happy with my teams performance and have all but lost interest. A little new music or a new album would be nice, but cripes, Axl and the band aren't getting any younger. And the perpetual Chinese Democracy tour is so boring it's become more exciting to watch grass grow. The live shows would be cool if Axl maintained his rasp and screech that most of us older fans are used to and come to expect. But most of the shows today are more like a glorifed episode of 'Mickey Mouse Clubhouse'. It's embarrassing and what's even more embarrassing are the clowns on here who defend it.

It's like saying I came to the ballpark to watch Babe Ruth bunt the ball. No, I want to see him hit home runs. Axl's Mickey voice is him not giving the effort the paying fans deserve, and it's disgraceful. Fuck 'saving the voice'. His remotely relevant life is quickly coming to a close. LET ER RIP and go out swinging with some dignity and respect.

For as shitty as Axl's attitude seems to be and the sad state of affairs that is GNR (I'm convinced only a Slash reunion at this point would make anyone really care about GNR anymore), don't go labeling the man with mental disorders or whatever else unless you personally know him. Even if he says he's struggeled with shit like that, what rock star hasn't? Most agree they're just looking for attention and their 'illnesses' aren't really true. Just more like excuses for their lack of production or relevance. Everyone that's associated with Axl in the past have all mostly had nothing but nice things to say about him personally and never mention the stupid shit this idiot talks about. Including people no longer associated with GNR or on their 'payroll'.

So mind your own business dude. If you want to critique Axl or the band's performance and production, that's one thing. But to take cheap shots at someone you don't know unless you have proof that certain conditions exist make you look and sound like a sack of rotten cum.

Good day.

They are more in control on material... The leaks were prob due to the fact that songs were given to producers and mixers and somehow someone got a hold of em but I suspect more then that was involved. but that's beside the point.

Leaks are normal in this day and age but with Chidem it was chaos and out of control and I'm willin to bet they are trying to contain it.