Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

192 pages later, people are still thinking this is coming out. "I guess GNR fans will never learn"

I spoke with the guys at rockfuel a few days ago and they said they were hoping to announce the release dates within two weeks.

EDIT: I didn't post this as news earlier because it wasn't a concrete date.

192 pages later, people are still thinking this is coming out. "I guess GNR fans will never learn"

I spoke with the guys at rockfuel a few days ago and they said they were hoping to announce the release dates within two weeks.

All release dates or specifically the "theatrical release"?

Specifically the "theatrical release".

This was 6 days ago now. Guess we'll know soon one way or another!

If they paid to put Janes Addiction and Smashing Pumpkins out, why wouldn't they pay to put GNR out?

Jane's is still pretty much the same band and has a cult following who will buy everything; so it's not really the same situation.

Billy Corgan is the main force behind the Pumpkins, so it's slightly different than a Slash-less, Duff-less, Izzy-less GNR, but the new SP shows are nothing to write home and the fan base is smaller than GNR worldwide, so if they ponied the cash for SP, I would agree with you that they prob would for GNR. Would be interesting to see how well the SP DVD sold.

This is all under the premesis that RockFuel and Geffen, not GNR, are holding up the release.

Only in the GNR world are professionnals hoping to announce release dates 6 months after the initial annoucement.

Good news anyway, I guess?!

My guess is that UMG make things quite hard for new GNR because they are losing out on loads of $$ because the old band are not together.

While I believe GNR take there time with releasing material I think UMG adds to the problems because slash isn't in the band to increase the bands income.

• Like 1

Specifically the "theatrical release".

This was 6 days ago now. Guess we'll know soon one way or another!

Our favorite word returns!

My own personal view continues to be that Universal wouldn't be the problem in getting this thing released.

I've heard from a GNR source that Fernando is the most problematic factor in negotiations.

My own personal view continues to be that Universal wouldn't be the problem in getting this thing released.

I've heard from a GNR source that Fernando is the most problematic factor in negotiations.

problematic for greedy film and label companies maybe. Perhaps he is ensuring the best deal for GNR and there fans?

problematic for greedy film and label companies maybe. Perhaps he is ensuring the best deal for GNR and there fans?

Not what I'm hearing.

Not what I'm hearing.
What are you hearing?

Are you still mad at Fernando for the letter?

Not what I'm hearing.
What are you hearing?

Are you still mad at Fernando for the letter?

Yes - I've spent every night since affectionately rubbing a picture of his face and asking "y u do this".

What could that possibly mean?

I'd believe a DVD release (I suppose)- but not theaters- not in the U.S. anyway ("What's with all the makeup & teensy top hat on Slash, you guyz??"). I guess S. America and/or Eastern Europe might be a safe gamble for a theatrical release...

If it's released in cinemas, expect for sure US, UK and Canada

Sounds good wfuckinga- in that case I can't wait to see this on the ol' big screen! :)

Not what I'm hearing.

I've heard that around the way as well.