Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

Because GnR is not trying to be a media whore. *rimshot*

Hahahaha! So now it's being a media whore to release recordings of your live shows? :lol: I'm guessing you don't have copies of the Tokyo VHS/DVDs then eh? :lol:

• 6 months later...

I doubt it, and even if they did - with all respect to the people involved in producing this - its just another greatest hits package, albeit providing a snapshot of the current "live" band, without anything taking the GNR brand forward in terms of new music.

With Metallica show, it's in the theaters now but there's only a cd in the stores? or is there a blu ray also. I could only see the cd. I don't really need all those songs again. But a blu ray i might have got. my friend has a blu ray 3D projector so if these blu rays are 3D, that would be cool. That's how to do a GNR blu ray, in 3D with some custom GNR glasses.

Better Late then Never.

I think maybe rockfuel just delayed it til after the Metallica show, how many 3D rock shows can people go to see a year in the theatre? If it's a choice between GNR and Metallica everyones going to Metallica bcos they don't have to explain themselves.

Better Late then Never.

I think maybe rockfuel just delayed it til after the Metallica show, how many 3D rock shows can people go to see a year in the theatre? If it's a choice between GNR and Metallica everyones going to Metallica bcos they don't have to explain themselves.

For the record, gotta point out that Better officially ended up being never rather than late. But it did leak.

Better Late then Never.

For the record, gotta point out that Better officially ended up being never rather than late. But it did leak.

I was just think it's a GNR platitude.

I still haven't seen the Better video!!!

Better Late then Never.

I was just think it's a GNR platitude.

I still haven't seen the Better video!!!

It’s great to see Axl getting out of a sports car looking boss at the start of the vid. But there’s a weird undercurrent to the whole thing. It’s flavored subtly by sycophants and has-beens in a way that makes you feel a little resentful.

These two vibes are singularly summed up best by seb's presence. wft is Sebastian fucking Bach doing in gnr’s intended flagship video single release for 2010-11?!

I know the answer, but still…

Is it just to give the impression it's still 1991. Axl is still a rock star with a Ferrari.

It was a home made video though wasn't it. Lars and Bach maybe made it more playable on tv, it draws people in, journalists can talk. If you don't have the the money for a feature length movie...

At the time Magnificient and Day that Never Comes videos seemed pretty low budget. It was just those bands in desert locations playing in the sand?

for SOD I'd want the band playing in front of the Hollywood sign with choppers circling maybe with an 80s action movie tie in. Sasha Volkova would be need to be playing Seymour.

Is it just to give the impression it's still 1991. Axl is still a rock star with a Ferrari.

It was a home made video though wasn't it. Lars and Bach maybe made it more playable on tv, it draws people in, journalists can talk. If you don't have the the money for a feature length movie...

At the time Magnificient and Day that Never Comes videos seemed pretty low budget. It was just those bands in desert locations playing in the sand?

for SOD I'd want the band playing in front of the Hollywood sign with choppers circling maybe with an 80s action movie tie in. Sasha Volkova would be need to be playing Seymour.

Ha! Excellent. Axl in the die-hard vest with sweat marks and aviators on.

Well, they probably had a '3 hrs meeting' about this very release. You'd therefore have to say that 'soon' is indeed the word. As is 'never'.

Here's a new album title for Axl:

Soon and Never

Nice! Or even Soon is Never, or Never Soon

Well, they probably had a '3 hrs meeting' about this very release. You'd therefore have to say that 'soon' is indeed the word. As is 'never'.

Here's a new album title for Axl:

Soon and Never

Finally cracked it - 'Never Soon Never Again'