Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

I received confirmation recently that the release is still going ahead, and the previous holdup has now been resolved. I was given another estimate for a date and its not too far in the future.

There isn't a date set in stone at this stage though.

That is great news!

I received confirmation recently that the release is still going ahead, and the previous holdup has now been resolved. I was given another estimate for a date and its not too far in the future.

Was the confirmation from MSL or Hitman ;)

No actually, it was from a very reputable source within rockfuel.

Sweet! I guess soon is still the word...

Good news I guess, but as people have been saying since the thing was filmed, given the track record with releases, I'm gonna be skeptical until I'm actually holding it.

The good news for me is, my girlfriend bought a PS3, so now I have something to watch the blu-ray on. Maybe....

• Like 1

That's valid, but there was a legitimate reason for the delay... they were waiting on some kind of publishing/licensing documents to come through. I guess that's a bit vague, but that's no longer holding things up, so the release is going ahead.

It's not to say something else couldn't come along and interrupt things, but I'm still optimistic about this getting a theatrical release.

• Like 1

That's valid, but there was a legitimate reason for the delay... they were waiting on some kind of publishing/licensing documents to come through. I guess that's a bit vague, but that's no longer holding things up, so the release is going ahead.

It's not to say something else couldn't come along and interrupt things, but I'm still optimistic about this getting a theatrical release.

Really? I would've thought a theatrical release was scrapped a while ago and this was going straight to dvd/blu-ray. Interesting...

I'm really hoping, if this comes out, that there's bonus stuff. Backstage, let the camera roll for 5 minutes before the show so we can have a glimpse at what Axl's doing before he walks out on stage... Show the rehearsal for 14 years with Izzy... I dunno, give us some extras :P

When you pop the DVD in, the menu opens and Blood in the Water starts playing. You read it here first :awesomeface:

I don't see how this blu ray doesn't eventually see the light of day. As with Chinese Democracy, there are tremendous financial reasons why the disc needs to come out. Unless Axl and/or Guns N' Roses Inc. want to swallow the entire production budget (likely in the hundreds of thousands of dollars range), this disc will see the light of day.

With the relaunch of the GNR fan club it feels like we're not far away from this release. Makes a little more sense to release it during the Christmas period anyway, so I don't begrudge them for pushing back its release date.

I'm sorry but this just doesn't work for me. I mean yes, it sounds very sensible and all. But why (the flying fuck) does this ALWAYS happen to Guns n' Roses? Why does it rarely happen to other bands, while in GnR land there's ALWAYS something to delay a release. Whether it's an album or a dvd or whatever, it ALWAYS get's canceled or severely delayed? Every. Fucking. Time.

Makes me wonder what douchebag isn't doing his job right! Is marketing announcing it too soon? Is management flapping their mouths before getting things settled? Is legal dropping the ball here? Every. Bloody. Time. I'm pretty fed up with it! It's always something. It's never Axl's fault or GnR's fault. So who the hell is the guy not doing his job right and why hasn't he been fired yet? Why is GnR the only band in the universe this happens to all the time?

• Like 1

I'm sorry but this just doesn't work for me. I mean yes, it sounds very sensible and all. But why (the flying fuck) does this ALWAYS happen to Guns n' Roses? Why does it rarely happen to other bands, while in GnR land there's ALWAYS something to delay a release. Whether it's an album or a dvd or whatever, it ALWAYS get's canceled or severely delayed? Every. Fucking. Time.

Makes me wonder what douchebag isn't doing his job right! Is marketing announcing it too soon? Is management flapping their mouths before getting things settled? Is legal dropping the ball here? Every. Bloody. Time. I'm pretty fed up with it! It's always something. It's never Axl's fault or GnR's fault. So who the hell is the guy not doing his job right and why hasn't he been fired yet? Why is GnR the only band in the universe this happens to all the time?

Not happening anymore under TB watch. Albums to follow...

Yeah, I bet Fernando will all make it right with another three hour meeting.... :rolleyes:

TB have a completely unproven track record in regard to releases, so you're taking a leap of faith here. If it was surprise bar mitzvah gigs in Russia they were making happen, I'd be with you.

Username's post expresses the frustration pretty well. The truth of course is that no band's support structure is that incompetent in so many departments, including gnr's. They do their best, but they're severely hampered by a capricious and temperamental boss.

Slash expressed it best - Axl 'takes rebellion to the point of self-sobotage'. Even the biggest nugnr apologist struggles to argue with this.

• Like 1

TB have a completely unproven track record in regard to releases, so you're taking a leap of faith here. If it was surprise bar mitzvah gigs in Russia they were making happen, I'd be with you.

Username's post expresses the frustration pretty well. The truth of course is that no band's support structure is that incompetent in so many departments, including gnr's. They do their best, but they're severely hampered by a capricious and temperamental boss.

Slash expressed it best - Axl 'takes rebellion to the point of self-sobotage'. Even the biggest nugnr apologist struggles to argue with this.

Under TB's watch the following has happened:

- Live TV appearance (Kimmel)

- Numerous successful tour (UCAP, Vegas, Australia)

- well overdue website

- concerts starting on time

- quite a few live streams

- upcoming Blu Ray

This was all done in the past year. The only thing pending is new music.

- well overdue website

- upcoming Blu Ray

1. One whole tv appearance, not to promote anything, because there's nothing to promote

2. endlessly touring the same shit

3. Not moving on as a band

4. A website, well whoop-die-doo! Somebody get them a medal for hiring a freelance webdesigner for a few weeks.

5. Live streams, half of which didn't work and the other half can be credited to festivals

6. A bluray that gets delayed, delayed again and STILL isn't there with no real communication

Yeah, they're great! :rolleyes:

And on top of that Beta insults the fans while Fernando brags on twitter on working for three whole hours. You know what the worst is? He would be fine if he'd just said he was having a meeting about the plans for 2014. But no. Fernando had to brag about how it was THREE WHOLE FUCKING HOURS! Probably the most work he's ever done. Somebody should tell him how many hours a REAL manager makes. Fermanager, bitches. :rolleyes:

- well overdue website

- upcoming Blu Ray

I won't pick apart each of these, but I think most ppl would agree you're over-stating it. They've been gigging the same old set since 2001, and the evidence suggests no-one's desperately hanging out for an official messageboard like a ghost-town.

I could say "Azoff - touring, plus release of complete studio album" - and he's one of the most brief and hated gnr managers in history!

Same set list since 2001? Not sure if you are mad, dim, or just trolling.

The setlist 'debate' belongs over at msl's site, why not head over there and discuss the infinite variety of axl's live performances over the last 12 yrs. Deluded complements for switching out covers makes for pretty boring discussion.

Look, I want to see a blu-ray release too so I'm not arguing with you on that point. I just don't yet have the faith you have in TB when it comes to official releases. I doubt if I'm the only person who feels like this.

The setlist 'debate' belongs over at msl's site, why not head over there and discuss the infinite variety of axl's live performances over the last 12 yrs. Deluded complements for switching out covers makes for pretty boring discussion.

Look, I want to see a blu-ray release too so I'm not arguing with you on that point. I just don't yet have the faith you have in TB when it comes to official releases. I doubt if I'm the only person who feels like this.

I don't think that's fair to TB though as not much time has passed since they've officially taken over as managers. Time will tell though.

I don't think that's fair to TB though as not much time has passed since they've officially taken over as managers. Time will tell though.

As you rightly point out in TB's defence, they have gotten some real shit done, probably because of their close personal relationship with Axl.

I do hope this effect carries over to releases, but on a more general point i have to confess that the whole management situation seems like a textbook case of unwisely mixing business and personal relationships, and has a good chance of ending in complete disaster. And no guns fan in their right mind wants that.