Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

Would a non-release be a signifcant death bow to Axl and GNR? It seems equivalent bands are able to put a 3D movie in the theatres, release blue-ray dvds, venture into other arenas like satellite radio, and perform on talk shows. Does the fact that GNR can do none of these things make it impossible for any financial backing regarding new music to take place? Because if there is no new music, then a band is dead and put into a whole other category.

Would a non-release be a signifcant death bow to Axl and GNR? It seems equivalent bands are able to put a 3D movie in the theatres, release blue-ray dvds, venture into other arenas like satellite radio, and perform on talk shows. Does the fact that GNR can do none of these things make it impossible for any financial backing regarding new music to take place? Because if there is no new music, then a band is dead and put into a whole other category.

Nah, touring would keep making them money for quite some time. Gnr are dying slowly, another failed release would just be symptomatic of that, not the killer blow.

I doubt if anyone serious in the industry is completely sure it's coming out even now. And no, Fernando is not anyone serious.

Just wish we could figure out what Axl is thinking. Does he just not care at all anymore? Or does he care too much? Either way, how hard could it possibly be to release 14 songs that were recorded 10 years ago. I swear Axl should have gotten a job at NASA working on a manned mission to Mars. At least there, working for decades on the project would make some kind of fucking sense.

Nah, touring would keep making them money for quite some time. Gnr are dying slowly, another failed release would just be symptomatic of that, not the killer blow.

I doubt if anyone serious in the industry is completely sure it's coming out even now. And no, Fernando is not anyone serious.

I'm not saying they could still make money. But from touring, I don't think the band has enough funds needed to back new music.

To me, no new music = a dead band. And the craziest thing of this all is that practically every single song performed live was not written by the vast majority of current band members....even the damn covers of course.

I received confirmation recently that the release is still going ahead, and the previous holdup has now been resolved. I was given another estimate for a date and its not too far in the future.

There isn't a date set in stone at this stage though.

Was the confirmation from MSL or Hitman ;)
No actually, it was from a very reputable source within rockfuel.

Sweet! I guess soon is still the word...

Soon is always the word when it involves GNR

This band is so fucking frustrating. Why is it so damn hard for them? I bag on Slash all the time, but at least he knows how to:

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Do live streams that work

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Tour without playing the same set each night

Release DVDs of concerts

Edited by wfuckinga

This band is so fucking frustrating. Why is it so damn hard for them? I bag on Slash all the time, but at least he knows how to:

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

The social media thing is sore spot with me. I get really bothered by the way the GN'R Twitter account is handled.

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

The social media thing is sore spot with me. I get really bothered by the way the GN'R Twitter account is handled.

Yeah, not nearly enough updates on Taylor Momsen for my tastes.

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

Yeah, what's with that. If we wanted Taylor Momsen updates, we would follow her. Why is the GN'R account pimping her career?

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

Yeah, what's with that. If we wanted Taylor Momsen updates, we would follow her. Why is the GN'R account pimping her career?

:lol:

smoke is referring to an incident that occurred the other night with the GN'R twitter account. When they tweeted that picture of her, I replied that GN'R fans do not care about that shit. Many people retweeted it which caused GN'R to reply with "Thanks Russ. Maybe not all GN'R fans care". The funny thing was that I got about 10-15 hate tweets from people all upset with me for tweeting that to GN'R.

• Like 3

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

smoke is referring to an incident that occurred the other night with the GN'R twitter account. When they tweeted that picture of her, I replied that GN'R fans do not care about that shit. Many people retweeted it which caused GN'R to reply with "Thanks Russ. Maybe not all GN'R fans care". The funny thing was that I got about 10-15 hate tweets from people all upset with me for tweeting that to GN'R.

:lol: Priceless! What can you do?

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

:lol: Priceless! What can you do?

For me, the only thing to do was block the nuts who were being aggressive with me over it haha.

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

I just saw that :rofl-lol:

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

Didn't get retweeted?

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

Didn't get retweeted?

EDIT: Finally got the embedding to work! :lol:

• Like 2

after listening to the Metallica interview about Through the Never on Jim Florentine's podcast I think it would be best for the GNR live show to dodge this year and considering how unique through the never is. Is the GNR show in 3D?

after listening to the Metallica interview about Through the Never on Jim Florentine's podcast I think it would be best for the GNR live show to dodge this year and considering how unique through the never is. Is the GNR show in 3D?

Metallica put their own money up for Through the Never, I doubt GNR produced the concert film, they also filmed just one show, I think Metallica did 4 or 5?

Metallica put their own money up for Through the Never, I doubt GNR produced the concert film, they also filmed just one show, I think Metallica did 4 or 5?

I was asking whether GNR would dodge the Metallica movie? It makes no sense to go up against their movie. How many theatres would book Metallica movie and the GNR show at the same time. So next year for GNR. So you don't expect AFD to be in 3D?

Seems like it is in 3D, so this could work out if Metallica are successful with Through the Never, GNR can ride behind that with the Vegas show which has all the props and strippers and flying pianos in 3D. That's an easier sell once the audience gets used to the idea of going to the Imax to see bands. So just hope TTN is a success!

Edited by wasted

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

Didn't get retweeted?

Russ you have a great last name

Give interviews

Make TV appearances

Update Twitter

Keep fans informed

Release music

Release DVDs of concerts

Didn't get retweeted?

For those of us who don't have twitter - What was that about?! :lol: