Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

I wonder if they would offer this as some sort of Nightrain merch exclusive? Like you'd have to be a paying member to buy it?

It would be worth it!

I don't mean that you'd get it for free if you joined, I mean that by joining you'd be able to buy it.

I wonder if they would offer this as some sort of Nightrain merch exclusive? Like you'd have to be a paying member to buy it?

It would be worth it!

I don't mean that you'd get it for free if you joined, I mean that by joining you'd be able to buy it.

It'd still be worth it

It would be worth it!

I'm assuming they've invested a lot of money in this DVD/Blu-ray. Making it a Nightrain exclusive would be a sure way NEVER to get that investment back. It'd just be a financial fiasco. Now, I could see a deal where Nightrain members can get it 1 or 2 months early working. That'd give the members a special deal, and still make sure you eventually get your investment (big production, 3d etc) back.

Another thing they should do is make it possible for Nightrain members to download live shows on MP3 or FLAC for a reasonable price. Metallica and The Black Crowes do it for everybody (which I think is even better and a lot more profitable), but if you insist on having a paid fanclub this could be a decent perk to offer.

It's a thin line though. You have to make sure that the things you offer are worth the money (pro-tip: a towel isn't), but you also have to be sure they're not huge investments that will result in great financial loss. But again - plugging a recorder into the soundboard and offering the result for 5 or 10 dollar per show isn't much of an investment at all.

There's other ideas like this imaginable. And the best part is, this only took me 5 minutes. No 3-hour meeting necessary!

Edited by username
  • Like 1

Is there a point in keeping this thread open?

You make a good point. This band releases nothing ever! It took them 15 years years to release Chinese, they still haven't released a follow up.

This thing's not getting released. Look at the month this thread came out and still no announcement...So you're right Morris, they lack the abiity to release anything.

Thanks again, team brazil!!!

Not sure what's going on today, but please keep this stuff to a minimum. If you have something to add to the topic than please do. Antagonizing each other accomplishes nothing.

The cupcakes are out in full force today. If they have nothing positive and constructive to post they shouldn't post at all.

Not sure what's going on today, but please keep this stuff to a minimum. If you have something to add to the topic than please do. Antagonizing each other accomplishes nothing.

The cupcakes are out in full force today. If they have nothing positive and constructive to post they shouldn't post at all.

Then why are you posting? You're just arguing everything everyone who doesn't like Dj Ashba says...there's a reason you get ganged up on all the time..

The trolls are out in full force today. If they have nothing positive and constructive to post they shouldn't post at all.

That concept swings both ways.

Everyone please try to stay on topic with your posts. This is as nice as I can be about these requests without moving to warnings and what not.

From Twitter

Exclusive -- A cinema release date for the Vegas DVD is expected “next week”. #GNR

The future of the Vegas DVD is apparently “in the hands of Universal Music Group”. #GNR

Edited by TheDemocracyRose