Vegas DVD/Blu-Ray Discussion

Randy Lahey

I wonder how UMG is going to market this. The trailer RockFuel put together was a bit cheesy, but pretty cool, they obviously picked the vocal highlights of the show and made sure to showcase the strippers and dancers. Are the latter going to be a big draw, though? It's not like there's a shortage of videos with scantily-clad or, gasp!, naked ladies out there. I'm sure it was fun in Vegas but I can imagine how awkward that'd be watching it in 3D with the family at home. I can't see UMG using this to attempt to sell nuGNR, they'll probably go the RockFuel trailer route of "All your favourites!" and not mention any ChiDem stuff.

If they bother promoting it at all.

I can't picture Universal Music paying for this. They would be better off releasing the old live in Japan dvd's on blu ray.

I doubt the quality of those recordings is good enough for a proper blu-ray. Think about the Freddie Mercury Tribute Blu-ray.

Still, I'd buy a release of Paris 1992, Ritz 1988 or any other descent original GnR show over this thing.

Edited by username

Is the "Guns N' Roses News" twitter a solid source for info? I honestly have no idea.

I could be wrong but I believe NGOG runs it. He's pretty reliable.

Oh ok, cool. I couldn't remember if I'd heard any info from there before. Either way, here's hoping we see this thing sooner than later (or at all)!

I'd believe a DVD release (I suppose)- but not theaters- not in the U.S. anyway ("What's with all the makeup & teensy top hat on Slash, you guyz??"). I guess S. America and/or Eastern Europe might be a safe gamble for a theatrical release...

If it's released in cinemas, expect for sure US, UK and Canada
  • Like 1