Marc what's your idea of Alan Niven?

AndreCC

Marc what's your idea of Alan Niven?

And why do you think Axl said in his latest interview from Australia that Alan only cared about money, and didn't care about his health and well being and that he didn't really wanted to go on tour? Alan said Axl wanted to tour as well as the others.

I think Alan was trying to do the right thing but in the end it cost him his job. Alan thought he was in charge but it turned out he should have checked in with Axl. Yes he would make more money if the band was on tour but I really don't think that was the reason. The offer was there and it seam like the right thing to do would be put out the records and tour. I don't think Alan knew that it would take as long as it did to get the UYI records out. He saw the way they made AFD and Lies and they were done quick. Also I don't think he knew where Axl was at in his life and what other personal things Axl was working on at the time that the tour was book.

"In my opinion Alan wanted money and Slash wanted the touring to get the better of me given my circumstances at the time. My safety and well-being were not their concern."

What could Slash have possibly done to get to Axl at the time? Thought it was a strange thing for him to say, specifically target Slash and no one else in the band.

I think Alan was trying to do the right thing but in the end it cost him his job. Alan thought he was in charge but it turned out he should have checked in with Axl. Yes he would make more money if the band was on tour but I really don't think that was the reason. The offer was there and it seam like the right thing to do would be put out the records and tour. I don't think Alan knew that it would take as long as it did to get the UYI records out. He saw the way they made AFD and Lies and they were done quick. Also I don't think he knew where Axl was at in his life and what other personal things Axl was working on at the time that the tour was book.

Did n`t Niven try to boot Axl from the band ? that `s why Axl canned him

Did n`t Niven try to boot Axl from the band ? that `s why Axl canned him

I think there were serious talks about dispensing with Axl around that time. Duff and Slash have both admitted this and it's possible it came closer to reality than they will admit now. If Axl had wind of this it would have upped his paranoia (sometimes they are out to get you) and might be why the name signing over really occurred. If he was canned without the name he could not have continued as Guns N' Roses, a brand that he has always considered to be his.

"In my opinion Alan wanted money and Slash wanted the touring to get the better of me given my circumstances at the time. My safety and well-being were not their concern."

What could Slash have possibly done to get to Axl at the time? Thought it was a strange thing for him to say, specifically target Slash and no one else in the band.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=181841

GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose told USA Today in a new interview that the band's 2008 album "Chinese Democracy" took so long to complete — 13 years, to be exact — because he was being mentally abused by former members Slash and Duff McKagan during the initial songwriting stage.

Rose explained, "[Slash and McKagan] did more damage to my ability as a writer . . . It beat me down so much. At the time of the ['Use Your Illusion'] tours, Slash and Duff said, 'You're an idiot, you're a loser.' I didn't write for years. I felt I was hindered for a very long time. I was also trying to figure out what I wanted to say, when it's right to be venting and when you're digging a bigger hole. Lyrics on 'Chinese' took a long time."