The Official NWA thread. Discuss the greatest rap group of all time here

Randy Lahey

100 Miles And Running is an awesome song, but n.ggaz4life wasn't anything special. Eazy was awesome when he had NWA behind him but I think the 187um ep sorta proved he couldn't do it without 'em. That ep was half filler and the other half was kinda 'meh'. (I like 'Real Muthaphukkin Gs' and 'Still a N.gga').

Eazy and Ren were my favorites. Ren sounds awesome on 'Hello'. Cube was the best, but I liked his voice the least...

You should check out the Snoop song Set it Off, it's got Cube, Ren, Lady of Rage and Snoop on it, i think you'd like it if you like Ren's vocals on Hello :)

Thanks, I'll check out that song when I get home :)

I liked Rens vocals but didn't like the song...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Len B'stard

NWA was easily the best rap group of all time. They had the best beatmaster in rap history and one of the most infuential MC's of all time.

To be honest i'd take Wu Tang over NWA, more talented MC's, more 'real' in terms of being like, street people, better production (yeah, i said it :lol:), i don't think there's a producer in hip hop today thats in RZA's class in terms of making dirty grimy minimalist hardcore sounding beats, the best member of NWA (Cube) is probably on a par with Wu Tang members, other than that, Eazy, Ren, Yella, these people ain't even fit to tie the laces of even the WORST Wu Tang members.

Wu Tang were what the hype of NWA claimed NWA to be. NWA were sent letters by the FBI for song content, Wu Tang were investigating by the FBI in connection to gun running...really, gun running?!?! Naughty. And also, it's pretty much a known fact that no member of NWA with the exception of Eazy had any kind of street stripes.

But aside from all of that, musically, production-wise, as MC's, as rappers, in all senses the Wu were superior. The tragedy of The Wu is that they were all on such a fucking high level of talent as MCs that it was kind of like...some got marginalised as a result of the sheer volume of talent in that one group.

Edited by sugaraylen

Guest Len B'stard

I always considered Straight Outta Compton the rap equivalent of AFD. And Boyz N The Hood might be the greatest rap song ever recorded.

Thats giving AFD a bit too much credit, AFD weren't to rock n roll what Straight Outta Compton was to rap, no way near.

I always considered Straight Outta Compton the rap equivalent of AFD. And Boyz N The Hood might be the greatest rap song ever recorded.

Thats giving AFD a bit too much credit, AFD weren't to rock n roll what Straight Outta Compton was to rap, no way near.

I'm with you. I just meant more like, came out around the same time, came from around the same area, came with the same attitude, that sort of thing.

I always considered Straight Outta Compton the rap equivalent of AFD.

What do you mean?

SOC isn't an influential record?

Not sure if you are serious...

SOC had a massive influence on Rap music.

AFD was just an album with big sales. The album had zero influence on later Rock eras (Grunge, Britpop, Pop Punk, Nu Metal, Emo, Post-Grunge)

I always considered Straight Outta Compton the rap equivalent of AFD.

What do you mean?

SOC isn't an influential record?

Not sure if you are serious...

SOC had a massive influence on Rap music.

AFD was just an album with big sales. The album had zero influence on later Rock eras (Grunge, Britpop, Pop Punk, Nu Metal, Emo, Post-Grunge)

This is what I meant. Guess I could have worded that differently, my bad people.

I'm with you. I just meant more like, came out around the same time, came from around the same area, came with the same attitude, that sort of thing.

I'm not a fan of rap, but Straight Outta Compton, is no joke. Great fuckin record, and the song Straight Outta Compton is killer to.

I like Ice Cube but MC Ren was my favorite.

If you haven't heard it, our if you can find it, check out Body Count. That's another crazy good hardcore rap/thrash album. Cop Killer and the songs Body Count and There Goes the Neighborhood are real fuckin good.

I'm not a fan of rap, but Straight Outta Compton, is no joke. Great fuckin record, and the song Straight Outta Compton is killer to.

If you haven't heard it, our if you can find it, check out Body Count. That's another crazy good hardcore rap/thrash album. Cop Killer and the songs Body Count and There Goes the Neighborhood are real fuckin good.

Always thought Cop Killer was all hype and was kind of a shitty song :shrugs:

Yeah,I can see why you would think that, its an aquired taste I guess.

Yeah,I can see why you would think that, its an aquired taste I guess.

I do actually like There Goes The Neighborhood, btw, but that's the only Body Count song I liked...