Guess Chinese Democracy 2's Song list!

AndreCC

BBF doesn't bullshit us. And BBF says the honest truth is a new record won't be out for a long time. Because BBF, DJ, Richard, Tommy, and Axl haven't written songs together. Which means the songs listed so far for CD 2 won't be the next record. The next record will be songs they actually do sit down and write together as a band.

The impression I had from Ron's comments was that the only new material that would be released anytime soon is material from the previous lineup. He was expressing his disappointment in the possibility of new material being released from a lineup that doesn't exist anymore, instead of the current lineup writing new songs from scratch together. That's how I understood it anyway.

I understood it as BBF saying new material from previous lineup is from a guns n roses band which doesn't exist anymore. Which means BBF wants new material released from the Guns N Roses that exists and has been touring in Aussie. Tells me BBF wants the current lineup to sit down together and write new material from scratch.

BBF doesn't bullshit us. And BBF says the honest truth is a new record won't be out for a long time. Because BBF, DJ, Richard, Tommy, and Axl haven't written songs together. Which means the songs listed so far for CD 2 won't be the next record. The next record will be songs they actually do sit down and write together as a band.

The impression I had from Ron's comments was that the only new material that would be released anytime soon is material from the previous lineup. He was expressing his disappointment in the possibility of new material being released from a lineup that doesn't exist anymore, instead of the current lineup writing new songs from scratch together. That's how I understood it anyway.

I understood it as BBF saying new material from previous lineup is from a guns n roses band which doesn't exist anymore. Which means BBF wants new material released from the Guns N Roses that exists and has been touring in Aussie. Tells me BBF wants the current lineup to sit down together and write new material from scratch.

Yeah were both at the same conclusion but from two different perspectives.

You're saying what BBF wants the next album to be, which is new material composed by the current lineup.

I'm saying what BBF doesn't want, which is a new album containing songs composed/recorded by a lineup which doesn't exist (even though people like Tommy and Dizzy have probably contributed heavily to any existing new songs because they were there in the transition period from about 96-98 and since).

Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part.

Chinese Democracy II / Track list:

1. Jazz Odyssey (90:12)

Personnel:
Axl Rose: Piano, Jazz Flute, Progressive Pan Flute, Tri-angle, Bass, Bongos, Nachos

Paul Huge: Guitars

Peter Criss: Jazzy drumming

I would buy it.

Yeah were both at the same conclusion but from two different perspectives.

You're saying what BBF wants the next album to be, which is new material composed by the current lineup.

I'm saying what BBF doesn't want, which is a new album containing songs composed/recorded by a lineup which doesn't exist (even though people like Tommy and Dizzy have probably contributed heavily to any existing new songs because they were there in the transition period from about 96-98 and since).

Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part.

If your understanding is true, Axl's got a tough decision to make on what material will be the next record.

Edited by ashbalove

Axl may well be in a difficult position regarding new releases. If a lot of time and money has been spent on the stuff in the vault and he considers it to be good material I can see why he would want to go with that. I can also imagine that guys like BBF and Ashba would want to write and release their own stuff from a career and royalties perspective. They are probably not thrilled at the prospect of promoting and touring for another 5 years with more second hand music however good it might be.

Imagine the situation if CD2 is released and Ashba is interviewed about it, standard questions are usually about what inspired the lyrics, the process of making it etc... What's he going to say? The only way it would vaguely work is if Axl promoted it himself and he doesn't seem fond of doing that these days.

As has been mentioned before some sort of deluxe Chinese boxset would be a good option, it would recoup some money, give fans a chance to hear the stuff then follow quickly after with an awesome album from the current line up and tour that.

That's what I would do if I ruled Axl's world!

Axl may well be in a difficult position regarding new releases. If a lot of time and money has been spent on the stuff in the vault and he considers it to be good material I can see why he would want to go with that. I can also imagine that guys like BBF and Ashba would want to write and release their own stuff from a career and royalties perspective. They are probably not thrilled at the prospect of promoting and touring for another 5 years with more second hand music however good it might be.

Imagine the situation if CD2 is released and Ashba is interviewed about it, standard questions are usually about what inspired the lyrics, the process of making it etc... What's he going to say? The only way it would vaguely work is if Axl promoted it himself and he doesn't seem fond of doing that these days.

As has been mentioned before some sort of deluxe Chinese boxset would be a good option, it would recoup some money, give fans a chance to hear the stuff then follow quickly after with an awesome album from the current line up and tour that.

If Axl decides to release good stuff unreleased from the Vault, BBF and DJ would be put in difficult positions with interviews talking about it. Because it wouldn't be their material on the record.

If Axl decides to release good stuff unreleased from the Vault, BBF and DJ would be put in difficult positions with interviews talking about it. Because it wouldn't be their material on the record.

Yes that's my point. What would they say when asked about it? It seems an unfair position to put them in and I suspect this is why BBF is fairly vocal about wanting to write and record. A release of more CD material would also bring Buckethead and Finck back into the GNR spotlight which is something they need to avoid if they want focus on the current line up. Buckethead and Finck may not want this either.

Yes that's my point. What would they say when asked about it? It seems an unfair position to put them in and I suspect this is why BBF is fairly vocal about wanting to write and record. A release of more CD material would also bring Buckethead and Finck back into the GNR spotlight which is something they need to avoid if they want focus on the current line up. Buckethead and Finck may not want this either.

Seems like Axl wants chinese leftovers on the next record. Or else instead of touring in Aussie, BBF would be writing and recording new music with DJ and Axl. Maybe Axl wants all the take home food out before new material is achieved.

Oh please. :rolleyes:

This thread is basically the same as "what rumoured song titles are there" and it's all based on nothing anyway.

Completely pointless, especially for an album that doesn't exist.

Edited by username

This thread is basically the same as "what rumoured song titles are there" and it's all based on nothing anyway.

Exactly. BBF says these songs don't exist. BBF hasn't written or recorded these rumored songs

Username - Most of them are not rumoured song titles. Most of them are CONFIRMED song working titles (even though they are subject to change, they were confirmed by Axl). Soul Monster, Jackie Chan, The General, Silkworms, Ides of March etc etc...they were all confirmed by Axl that existed. The only thing Axl said, was that he could change the song names if he pleases. Those songs exist!

Ashbalove - Bumblefoot did not say that this songs didn't exist! He said that the CURRENT band hasn't recorded anything yet (totally different). He also acknowledge that there are songs recorded by other artists (previous to him) and he doesn't consider those songs really to be new...

No one knows who bucket and finck are. There was never any spotlight on them media-wise. It wouldn't damage current members if, along with old songs, they also put new songs by this band.

what i really hope its that the vocal parts are already recorded,because if Axl its going to sing in the record like he is singing nowadays,the album will sound really bad.

I do hope that too, not only for that, but because if the vocals were not recorded, then Axl would take years and years to record them...

Chinese Democracy II / Track list:

1. Jazz Odyssey (90:12)

Personnel:

Axl Rose: Piano, Jazz Flute, Progressive Pan Flute, Tri-angle, Bass, Bongos, Nachos

Paul Huge: Guitars

Chris Pitman: Sub Bass

Peter Criss: Jazzy drumming

I would buy it.

Username - Most of them are not rumoured song titles. Most of them are CONFIRMED song working titles (even though they are subject to change, they were confirmed by Axl). Soul Monster, Jackie Chan, The General, Silkworms, Ides of March etc etc...they were all confirmed by Axl that existed. The only thing Axl said, was that he could change the song names if he pleases. Those songs exist!

Ashbalove - Bumblefoot did not say that this songs didn't exist! He said that the CURRENT band hasn't recorded anything yet (totally different). He also acknowledge that there are songs recorded by other artists (previous to him) and he doesn't consider those songs really to be new...

You're saying the current band will accept the next album having none of their written or recorded songs on it?

You're saying the current band will accept the next album having none of their written or recorded songs on it?

No, but i believe they already recorded parts for those songs before CD came out. Even Bumblefoot said that Atlas was almost coming out , but because it exceeded the time, they didn't put it on the cd. So they must have recorded parts for at least that one.

I think a good question ask BBF is whether or not he recorded parts for any songs that didn't make it onto the album back before CD was released.

BBF has confirmed that he added parts to a handful of tracks that didn't make it on to Chinese. Just recently he has stated that he added a solo to Atlas Shrugged, the guitar piece is apparently still on his laptop!

For me, there must be at least another albums worth of tracks ready to go, and have been ready to go before even Chinese was released.

Question is, when will the world get to hear them?

Exactly. BBF says these songs don't exist. BBF hasn't written or recorded these rumored songs

This is completely false. Ron has said he has played on lots of un-released songs and name checked Atlas. What's he's talking about, angling for, is newly written and recorded tracks from the current line up. But that doesnt mean anything will be released this year or any year ever. Until it is.

it's cool BBF recorded some guitar parts on unreleased tracks. despite that, BBF is pushing for all new songs. with more than some added tweaks on leftover tracks from him. i don't think atlas will be on the next record. BBF wants songs featuring him. no previous guitarists no longer in guns n roses. i don't see atlas getting released. probably buckethead has solos on atlas too. what i see being released with BBF's comments in the viral video is songs he writes and records with the current band.

Ashbalove, yes that's what bbf wants, but he might not be in a position to have any influence on what the next album turns out to be. Nothing you are suggesting is wrong, but you might have interpreted bbf's comments as what will happen, whereas he is just suggesting what he thinks the next album should be.