Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this. There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of us hardcore fans that care so much.

Of course Axl's intentions and the reality of future situations have always existed in different universes. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Well done though guys for at least asking about new music. :)

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this. There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of us hardcore fans that care so much.

Of course Axl's intentions and the reality of future situations have always existed in different universes. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Just to clarify, I wasn't doubting Gunns, on the contrary I was suggesting the same as you. Maybe I didn't express it properly, sorry..

If Axl stays true to his words, then their rigorous touring and shows this year is to promote the band (Nu Guns) especially to places around the world that they never had the chance to tour before. So I guess that's a good strategy.

I can't wait.

Guest Gunns

Thanks for your nice words, was cool meeting you at Syd N Newy :)

guys I have no reason to lie about this and was holding off posting it for a few reasons, with one of them being that people wouldn't believe me. But as others have said, fernando/beta and others have been upfront with fans when asked about the status of new music, my mate from Melbourne said to me they said "we are doing our best" etc and I believe it is worth being cautiously optimistic

Only good thing about this is the acknowledgement that releasing new music is on his radar to some extent.

Releasing a song which is knocking on 15 years old and strongly utilises the most out of date influences is not something that gets me excited. I really don't like Silkworms.

Had he acknowledged the mythic Jackie Chan or General i'd have been excited.

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this

is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up

honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this.

There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of

us hardcore fans that care so much.

Just to clarify, I wasn't doubting Gunns, on the

contrary I was suggesting the same as you.

Maybe I didn't express it properly, sorry..

Its all good - I was just agreeing with you and reinforcing what you originally wrote. :)

Fucking exciting if new music does eventuate for 2013, but i've been on a 25 year GnR rollercoaster ride so 'dissapointed' is my middle fucking name!

DownUnder'Dissapointed'Scott

:)

Good stuff. I think delays are bound to happen considering Axl is a perfectionist AND the labels like to screw with Guns pushing for a reunion or whatever. Makes sense releasing something late this year, just before xmas and I think Guns has won a lot of friends from their touring.

Only good thing about this is the acknowledgement that releasing new music is on his radar to some extent.

Releasing a song which is knocking on 15 years old and strongly utilises the most out of date influences is not something that gets me excited. I really don't like Silkworms.

Had he acknowledged the mythic Jackie Chan or General i'd have been excited.

You're missing the key implication here. It's not just about Silkworms; it indicates that Axl is still open to the idea of releasing music from the Chinese Democracy 'vault,' that there's a hope of hearing those songs from 8-15 years ago, and that new music releases are not going to have to wait for the new band to write it all from scratch. In other words, you should be excited about this.

Thank you, Gunns, but you should have asked him if on a single or on a new album^^

No, Gunns is a smart guy to sneak a question about new album by using the line he used. Had he asked a straight up new album question, no doubt Axl might have reiterated a definite maybe answer-type again.