Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

silkworms.........................new my world.

Almost as bad for sure, along with OMG... Hopefuly there'll be some other better tracks, but I wouldn't raise my hopes too high if that 'blood in the water' clip is for real... I still believe (hope I'm wrong) that Axl used all (or almost) the big guns on the first CD album - would he risk it otherwise?

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this. There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of us hardcore fans that care so much.

Of course Axl's intentions and the reality of future situations have always existed in different universes. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Well done though guys for at least asking about new music. :)

Thanks for your nice words, was cool meeting you at Syd N Newy :)

guys I have no reason to lie about this and was holding off posting it for a few reasons, with one of them being that people wouldn't believe me. But as others have said, fernando/beta and others have been upfront with fans when asked about the status of new music, my mate from Melbourne said to me they said "we are doing our best" etc and I believe it is worth being cautiously optimistic

i can confirm that i was the one who asked Fernando(he is a total gentlemen and a very nice guy) about the new record. i said 'you gotta put out the new album' and he said something along the lines of 'we are trying our best'. i do believe Axl does want it out but there are problems with the label once again.

Guest Gunns

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this. There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of us hardcore fans that care so much.

Of course Axl's intentions and the reality of future situations have always existed in different universes. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

guys I have no reason to lie about this and was holding off posting it for a few reasons, with one of them being that people wouldn't believe me. But as others have said, fernando/beta and others have been upfront with fans when asked about the status of new music, my mate from Melbourne said to me they said "we are doing our best" etc and I believe it is worth being cautiously optimistic

i can confirm that i was the one who asked Fernando(he is a total gentlemen and a very nice guy) about the new record. i said 'you gotta put out the new album' and he said something along the lines of 'we are trying our best'. i do believe Axl does want it out but there are problems with the label once again.

Had a great time down there man, Love Melbourne

Almost as bad for sure, along with OMG... Hopefuly there'll be some other better tracks, but I wouldn't raise my hopes too high if that 'blood in the water' clip is for real... I still believe (hope I'm wrong) that Axl used all (or almost) the big guns on the first CD album - would he risk it otherwise?

OMG is on a whole different level from those two, and I'll give Silkworms reworked benefit of the doubt, as the 2001 concert performances were weak. Evader came up with a great reworking of Silkworms, I see no reason why Axl and Co. can't either.

Had a great time down there man, Love Melbourne

glad you came down champ! after the show was almost as good as the show itself. axl ended up at cherry bar!! they sectioned a room off and only chicks were allowed in. dj was with him!!

Do I think Axl actually believes this? Yes.

Do I think this will result in real release of some kind? No.

Word.

Great news that they are actually thinking about releasing new music though

OMG is on a whole different level from those two, and I'll give Silkworms reworked benefit of the doubt, as the 2001 concert performances were weak. Evader came up with a great reworking of Silkworms, I see no reason why Axl and Co. can't either.

This. I really like the mix.

Silkworms comes from a band that doesn't exist anymore. I doubt BBF and DJ Ashba are on silkworms studio. I don't see Axl releasing this song unless BBF and DJ accept its release

Silkworms was co-written by Pittman and Dizzy, who are still current members. I don't think BBF and DJ would cockblock them like that.

Silkworms comes from a band that doesn't exist anymore. I doubt BBF and DJ Ashba are on silkworms studio. I don't see Axl releasing this song unless BBF and DJ accept its release

Silkworms was co-written by Pittman and Dizzy, who are still current members. I don't think BBF and DJ would cockblock them like that.

I know BBF and DJ want to move forward with songs that don't include the previous band. that includes pittman and dizzy. I'm sure they wouldn't take it hard since they're friends and hang out together

By the way, you can't judge Silkworms 'till you've heard a studio version.

i do believe Axl does want it out but there are problems with the label once again.

Okay, so what is the label so I know who to start sending angry emails?
Get this: According to their official Facebook page, their label is Black Frog. Black Frog is Axl's record label. So he's having problems with himself?

On a side note, no one needs a fucking record label anymore. It's the worst excuse in the book. Especially when YOU own the label!