Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

By the way, you can't judge Silkworms 'till you've heard a studio version.

i do believe Axl does want it out but there are problems with the label once again.

Okay, so what is the label so I know who to start sending angry emails?
Get this: According to their official Facebook page, their label is Black Frog. Black Frog is Axl's record label. So he's having problems with himself?

On a side note, no one needs a fucking record label anymore. It's the worst excuse in the book. Especially when YOU own the label!

There is likely a Parent Label that really controls things.

Following on from this thread...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

and his response was, and I direct quote

"Actually we are thinking about releasing that later this year"

and he said it seriously, not in a sarcastic/joking tone...

At least 3 other people who are also members on here can confirm...

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

That's great news. But, tell me: How he said "Later"? I'm not joking.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

What's the question here...

CDII starts 2013

No offence, but Axl was also THINKING of releasing Chinese Democracy in 1998.

And 1999.

And 2000.

And 2001.

And 2002.

And 2003.

And 2004.

And 2005.

And 2006.

And 2007.

Not to mention THINKING about monumental promotion.

Or THINKING about singles.

Or THINKING about a release with corrected artwork.

Or THINKING about a Better video.

What Axl thinks about and what actually happens rarely seem to align.....

Edited by username

CDII starts 2013

If he said like "Laaaater this year" it means he is not sure about it, and opens space for some excuses like:

"We're having Label problems"

"We're fighting for survival at the music business"

I'm not saying that those phrases that were used before are excuses, but they may be used as. Getting back to what i was saying...

If he said like "Late'r' this year", almost forgetting the r, it means he is pretty sure that this will happen, and everything is ready.

If he just said a normal "Later", it means it's not ready yet, but it is in his plans, and until 2015 we should have this released.

Always thought Silkworms was one of the worst GNR songs i've heard tbh. Wont judge til I hear a new/proper version though because i thought the whole band sucked when they played it and it will most likely sound completely different.

Edited by OJones90

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Australians are former convicts. Take it with a grain of salt.

Great job Gunns! Thanks for posting. Any word from him about releasing something is a good step!

And Black Frog is probably just a legal entity for publishing, etc. stuff. Universal is still the record label and who their management has to deal with on a release.

You're right.

Black Frog Music is both Axl's personal as well as current GN'R's publishing label. The pre-Chinese music is published by both Black Frog and Guns N' Roses Music. The latter is presumably Slash/Duff/Izzy's publishing label, but I'm not sure.

The record label is still Geffen Records which is part of "Interscope Geffen A&M". They are in turn parented by Universal Music.

If you search the ASCAP directory, you'll see the different publishing labels for each song. Take 'Better' which is written by Axl and Robin. The listed publishers are Black Frog (Axl) and Light Headed (Robin).

CDII starts 2013

If he said like "Laaaater this year" it means he is not sure about it, and opens space for some excuses like:

I'm not saying that those phrases that were used before are excuses, but they may be used as. Getting back to what i was saying...

If he said like "Late'r' this year", almost forgetting the r, it means he is pretty sure that this will happen, and everything is ready.

If he just said a normal "Later", it means it's not ready yet, but it is in his plans, and until 2015 we should have this released.

It's not going to happen.

CDII starts 2013

It's not going to happen.

What do you mean?

Great job Gunns! Thanks for posting. Any word from him about releasing something is a good step!

And Black Frog is probably just a legal entity for publishing, etc. stuff. Universal is still the record label and who their management has to deal with on a release.

You're right.

Black Frog Music is both Axl's personal as well as current GN'R's publishing label. The pre-Chinese music is published by both Black Frog and Guns N' Roses Music. The latter is presumably Slash/Duff/Izzy's publishing label, but I'm not sure.

The record label is still Geffen Records which is part of "Interscope Geffen A&M". They are in turn parented by Universal Music.

If you search the ASCAP directory, you'll see the different publishing labels for each song. Take 'Better' which is written by Axl and Robin. The listed publishers are Black Frog (Axl) and Light Headed (Robin).

But that was five years ago... Are you sure they're STILL with Geffen?

You're right.

But that was five years ago... Are you sure they're STILL with Geffen?

Pretty sure.

GN'R is listed at Universal Music's website. UMG is not a record label, but a parent group for many labels. So, unless they've switched to another label under UMG, they're still with Geffen.

Also, if GN'R signed to another label there would have been a press release from the new label.

Edited by Spirit