Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

Thanks for yelling it out at him Gunns. He responds well to actual fans.

BTW We will hear new material both live and on cd like I've been saying.

Source?

His arse. Before every show he says we'll get new material. Eventually he will be right, just like a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Only good thing about this is the acknowledgement that releasing new music is on his radar to some extent.

Releasing a song which is knocking on 15 years old and strongly utilises the most out of date influences is not something that gets me excited. I really don't like Silkworms.

Had he acknowledged the mythic Jackie Chan or General i'd have been excited.

I dont think he was talking about releasing Silkworms as a single. I beleive he meant it would be included on an album.

We've now heard at least three different references to new music at the end of the year. Even if it gets pushed back to 2014, the early chit chat about new music has begun. Really looking forward to hearing the rest of Bucketheads work with Axl.

Nice job to Gunns!

Source?

His arse. Before every show he says we'll get new material. Eventually he will be right, just like a stopped clock is right twice a day.

This kid is butthurt. Thanks for stalking me in every thread quoting me. BLOCKED.

Source?

This kid is butthurt. Thanks for stalking me in every thread quoting me. BLOCKED.

Actually it would be really awesome if you could block yourself from posting nonsense instead. Then there forum would not need to be polluted with your drivel.

Release Silkworms feat. Buckethead or get BF to lash up Bucket's work.. I hope not..

Silkworms isn't Guns N'Roses, i view it more like an Axl solo project. Putting that t one side, while Axl, to quote 'the fans's arn't ready for this yet' didn't think we were ready, I have to admit, Silkworms is a million times more interesting than Sorry, Chinese Democracy, S.Revenge..

Release Silkworms feat. Buckethead or get BF to lash up Bucket's work.. I hope not..

Silkworms isn't Guns N'Roses, i view it more like an Axl solo project. Putting that t one side, while Axl, to quote 'the fans's arn't ready for this yet' didn't think we were ready, I have to admit, Silkworms is a million times more interesting than Sorry, Chinese Democracy, S.Revenge..

Silkworms is a Dizzy/Chris project. It's not an Axl song.

Silkworms is a Dizzy/Chris project. It's not an Axl song.

It's a Pittman song, i read that someplace. A Pittman song with Axl on vocals. A song performed live, all be it some years ago now, by Axl and his hired hands, in other words, the NEW GN'R, or Axl's solo project..

Great job Gunns! Thanks for posting. Any word from him about releasing something is a good step!

And Black Frog is probably just a legal entity for publishing, etc. stuff. Universal is still the record label and who their management has to deal with on a release.

You're right.

Black Frog Music is both Axl's personal as well as current GN'R's publishing label. The pre-Chinese music is published by both Black Frog and Guns N' Roses Music. The latter is presumably Slash/Duff/Izzy's publishing label, but I'm not sure.

The record label is still Geffen Records which is part of "Interscope Geffen A&M". They are in turn parented by Universal Music.

If you search the ASCAP directory, you'll see the different publishing labels for each song. Take 'Better' which is written by Axl and Robin. The listed publishers are Black Frog (Axl) and Light Headed (Robin).

But that was five years ago... Are you sure they're STILL with Geffen?

Pretty sure.

GN'R is listed at Universal Music's website. UMG is not a record label, but a parent group for many labels. So, unless they've switched to another label under UMG, they're still with Geffen.

Also, if GN'R signed to another label there would have been a press release from the new label.

Alright, if they're still listed on the UMG website, then I guess they're still with Geffen.

I was under the assumption they were an unsigned band at the moment.

Source?

I sparked a beef when i only wanted to ask a question.

This with what Beta has said to fans is good news, the ball is rolling. There's been no mention of an album, except from Fernando in a fan conversation, maybe GnR are looking at different ways of releasing music? The physical cd era is dead and would be difficult to make money from.

Anyone else think releasing Silkworms in 2013 is going to sound absurd in relation to what everyone else is doing, not a bad thing, but it'll sure raise some commotion.

Listen motherfuckers

This with what Beta has said to fans is good news, the ball is rolling. There's been no mention of an album, except from Fernando in a fan conversation, maybe GnR are looking at different ways of releasing music? The physical cd era is dead and would be difficult to make money from.

Anyone else think releasing Silkworms in 2013 is going to sound absurd in relation to what everyone else is doing, not a bad thing, but it'll sure raise some commotion.

Listen motherfuckers

It certainty is dated. Releasing it would be a horrible move.

Following on from this thread...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

and his response was, and I direct quote

"Actually we are thinking about releasing that later this year"

and he said it seriously, not in a sarcastic/joking tone...

At least 3 other people who are also members on here can confirm...

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

If you met Axl, why would you tell him to love Silkworms? Why would you assume he already doesn't?

Source?

I know how you feel dude Groghan has been stalking my posts as well.

Anybody that interprets Axl's response as evidence that Silkworms will be the first single off the follow-up to Chinese Democracy:

24092326.jpg

What he could mean however, is what Beta described as the plan to release new music later in this year. Perhaps that Silkworm's place on the tracklist is up for debate.