Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

It's awesome that you got to meet Axl but you have to be one hell of a nut-swinger to say you love Silkworms.That is by far the worst song ever written by GNR.Now if the final version is different, great but based on what we have heard I doubt it will be a GNR classic.

If nothing else, that's an acknowledgement directly from Axl about being interested in releasing music again, something we haven't heard from him in a long time and which plenty of people on here have loudly denounced and mocked the idea of.

Next time, though, does someone want to try to telling Axl how much they love Oh My God or what they've heard of Jackie Chan?

Yup.

Good to hear he is at least thinking about releasing music!!!

I don't get the love for old songs like OMG and Silkworms that we've already heard though. It would be much cooler to get an album of 15 new songs!!! But at this point, I suppose I'd take whatever we could get.

LOL LOLCANO.

You say I'm stalking your posts..........as you mention my name in a topic that I hadn't even posted in.

I always have to laugh at the stalking comments. This is a FORUM. kid. I'm posting in topics that interest me. Stalking would be sending you PMs, sending you messages on facebook, twitter, calling or texting you, etc. But responding to messages on a MESSAGE BOARD that I was a member at before you.....that's hardly stalking. I'm starting to think that you don't actually understand how a forum works.

Unless you don't know the definition of the word stalking. Maybe you think stalking actually means "making somebody look like a complete fool on a regular basis"............if that is the case, then yes, I'm stalking you.

If you don't want me to respond to your posts or you don't want me to respond to topics that you are posting in, then put me on ignore, kid. Then you don't have to read my posts. Got it, kid?

Edited by Groghan

It's awesome that you got to meet Axl but you have to be one hell of a nut-swinger to say you love Silkworms.That is by far the worst song ever written by GNR.Now if the final version is different, great but based on what we have heard I doubt it will be a GNR classic.

Dude... shut the hell up. He got Axl to talk about new music. Fuck...

This with what Beta has said to fans is good news, the ball is rolling. There's been no mention of an album, except from Fernando in a fan conversation, maybe GnR are looking at different ways of releasing music? The physical cd era is dead and would be difficult to make money from.

Anyone else think releasing Silkworms in 2013 is going to sound absurd in relation to what everyone else is doing, not a bad thing, but it'll sure raise some commotion.

Listen motherfuckers

It certainty is dated. Releasing it would be a horrible move.

Only a horrible move if you give a shit what the media or general public thinks of it. Hopefully Axl cares about the music itself, not if it's "dated" or whatever.

Dude... shut the hell up. He got Axl to talk about new music. Fuck...

GnR-educate someone else,kid. It's a message board,Brosef which means all posts are up for discussion. I was discussing how much I think the song sucks. If that kid likes it,great but I just don't see how someone can say "I love silkworms" with a straight face.

This with what Beta has said to fans is good news, the ball is rolling. There's been no mention of an album, except from Fernando in a fan conversation, maybe GnR are looking at different ways of releasing music? The physical cd era is dead and would be difficult to make money from.

Anyone else think releasing Silkworms in 2013 is going to sound absurd in relation to what everyone else is doing, not a bad thing, but it'll sure raise some commotion.

Listen motherfuckers

It certainty is dated. Releasing it would be a horrible move.

Only a horrible move if you give a shit what the media or general public thinks of it. Hopefully Axl cares about the music itself, not if it's "dated" or whatever.

The other stuff from the real band is timeless. Axl totally cared about things sounding dated. That's why he wanted to go industrial. So Axl does care. He rips off one style of music and waits 10 years to release it, gonna sound dated.

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

Permission to get ludicrously overexcited sir??

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

Permission to get ludicrously overexcited sir??

When it comes to Guns N' Roses, in the case of new music- i dont recomment getting over excited.. We all know by now that unless its in our hands it aint happening... But it is exciting haha.

Well people have different opinions don't they? The version from RIR isn't very consistent but I think the instrumentation is a new and interesting approach for GNR. In any case, it is known that the song has changed, so let's wait and see.

As cool as this is, I still am not that hopeful yet

"Thinking about putting it out later this year" and actually putting it out later this year are two different things - and we have been burned by these types of comments in the past