Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do I think Axl actually believes this? Yes. Do I think this will result in real release of some kind? No.

So I guess December is the word, right?!

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

Permission to get ludicrously overexcited sir??

>

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

Permission to get ludicrously overexcited sir??

When it comes to Guns N' Roses, in the case of new music- i dont recomment getting over excited.. We all know by now that unless its in our hands it aint happening... But it is exciting haha.

I can't remember how long it was between rumours of a release and Chi Dem. but I think it might have been a couple of years.. Even so.. new GnR music is a prospect I can't help getting a little bananas about.

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

It's awesome that you got to meet Axl but you have to be one hell of a nut-swinger to say you love Silkworms.That is by far the worst song ever written by GNR.Now if the final version is different, great but based on what we have heard I doubt it will be a GNR classic.

Or, he's just someone who has a different opinion than you.

Ali

Maybe Axl thought you were sarcastic about liking it and thought saying he was going to release it was rubbing shit in your face. :shrugs:

Just because they have a scapegoat in the label doesn't mean they're really trying to release anything. Is there ANYTHING to confirm that they are working on it? We've heard all of this before. They haven't even been in the studio together.

Maybe Axl thought you were sarcastic about liking it and thought saying he was going to release it was rubbing shit in your face. :shrugs:

Just because they have a scapegoat in the label doesn't mean they're really trying to release anything. Is there ANYTHING to confirm that they are working on it? We've heard all of this before. They haven't even been in the studio together.

There could be unreleased music from that time period which was completed or close to completion, so I don't think they would need to book significant studio time, if any.. When Ron joined he added to music that ended up on CD as well as other songs which haven't been released yet.

Edited by rhiad85

I really wonder if Axl was deadpan fucking with you guys. Not saying he was, but is it not possible?

The opening post seems to suggest you're way off base.

Why would Axl think a fan was being sarcastic about an obscure song that only a hardcore fan would know about? Why would Axl rub shit in his face? That makes no sense whatsoever. Axl takes pride in the post-94 stuff. Way to try to spin it though. Wow.

Perhaps you're not aware, but it's possible to work on a song without having everyone in the studio at the same time. And maybe you didn't know, but I thought it was common knowledge among Guns fans that GnR has often worked on songs 'long distance.' With the internet and technology, that is even easier. Finally, Silkworms is probably mostly done, just fyi. Just some final tweaks or overdubs.

I think some are missing the point.

This is the first time Axl has ever said anything this hopeful about music in a very long time.

It's not the first time. 2006 sounded WAY more promising.

And brainsaber.......Just go away.

Guest Gunns

as my mate young gun said, fernando said hes doing his best to get music out to us, beta said a similar thing to Red, and as you can read in the thread, Axl has talked optimistaclly about (silkworms) getting released this year.

so far it looks like 11+2 = '13 but whether it happens this year or not is another story. Lets be cautiously optimistic?

Awesome that you got Axl to talk about music, but I'm not too hopeful for all the reasons already mentioned. Magic eightball says Axl's mouth might be writing checks his ass can't cash again. Thanks for sharing though!

And I actually was listening to Bad Apples today and thought, "I love this song." It's fun to sing along to.

Pussy full of maggots for breakfast.

Think of the artwork in the CD booklet :shades:
One day girl um gonna marry you.

Hopefully this is hint at direction, CD II being much more aggressive.

Guest Gunns

people are confused as to whether Axl wrote the lyrics or not for silkworms. Yes, Axl wrote the lyrics, I remember talking about this song with Pitman in 2010.

Guest Gunns

...and you thought Axl's hat falling off was more important to post first?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just kidding. Seriously neat tidbit, hope it actually comes to pass!

entree before main my friend :)

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this. There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of us hardcore fans that care so much.

Of course Axl's intentions and the reality of future situations have always existed in different universes. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Well done though guys for at least asking about new music. :)

Thanks for your nice words, was cool meeting you at Syd N Newy :)

guys I have no reason to lie about this and was holding off posting it for a few reasons, with one of them being that people wouldn't believe me. But as others have said, fernando/beta and others have been upfront with fans when asked about the status of new music, my mate from Melbourne said to me they said "we are doing our best" etc and I believe it is worth being cautiously optimistic

i can confirm that i was the one who asked Fernando(he is a total gentlemen and a very nice guy) about the new record. i said 'you gotta put out the new album' and he said something along the lines of 'we are trying our best'. i do believe Axl does want it out but there are problems with the label once again.

Had a great time down there man, Love Melbourne

glad you came down champ! after the show was almost as good as the show itself. axl ended up at cherry bar!! they sectioned a room off and only chicks were allowed in. dj was with him!!

Nice how did you go Jason did you meet him? See him walk in anything cool?