Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

Guest Gunns

Gunns nor any other Aussie members who met the band on this tour have any reason to lie. What actually happens is another matter but this is what has been said. You can either take it as it is or go back to talking about Axl's hair if that's more important.

Gunns is a straight-up honest dude. He wouldn't bullshit about this. There's no danger in Beta or Axl opening up to some hardcore fans about this stuff - it's not like the mainstream media or music industry would likely give a fuck about 'rumours' of a new GnR album. It's only really the very minority of us hardcore fans that care so much.

Of course Axl's intentions and the reality of future situations have always existed in different universes. We'll see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Well done though guys for at least asking about new music. :)

Thanks for your nice words, was cool meeting you at Syd N Newy :)

guys I have no reason to lie about this and was holding off posting it for a few reasons, with one of them being that people wouldn't believe me. But as others have said, fernando/beta and others have been upfront with fans when asked about the status of new music, my mate from Melbourne said to me they said "we are doing our best" etc and I believe it is worth being cautiously optimistic

i can confirm that i was the one who asked Fernando(he is a total gentlemen and a very nice guy) about the new record. i said 'you gotta put out the new album' and he said something along the lines of 'we are trying our best'. i do believe Axl does want it out but there are problems with the label once again.

Had a great time down there man, Love Melbourne

glad you came down champ! after the show was almost as good as the show itself. axl ended up at cherry bar!! they sectioned a room off and only chicks were allowed in. dj was with him!!

Nice how did you go Jason did you meet him? See him walk in anything cool?

Fuck, we thought it was club 7, anyways by the sound of it, we wouldn't of been allowed into the area :S

Its not assuming Axl doesnt.

Its just telling him fans wed love to have it on the next.

Its like provoquing Axl to think about it n consider fans opinions.

Actually, to me Silkworms n Oh My God represent the new wall of sound

You post weird.

The General better be that damn good, because if it comes to be a disappointment, with all the hype in it... the album might fail.

The album will never fail on sales, but could very well fail in terms of the music itself. If that does happen, New GNR is finished, so they really have to pull out a hit out of that one.

Edited by AndreCC

The General better be that damn good, because if it comes to be a disappointment, with all the hype in it... the album might fail.

The album will never fail on sales, but could very well fail in terms of the music itself. If that does happen, New GNR is finished, so they really have to pull out a hit out of that one.

People like YOU are creating that hype based on next to nothing. Not Axl, not GnR, not Yoko Beta, not Fernandouche, YOU!

I really hate it when people do this. Basically you're setting yourself up for disappointment based on a TITLE! And if it ever does come out most of these people will bitch and moan about how it didn't live up to their expectations. Well, who's fucking fault is that?!

You know something we don't?

No, i'm just sayin'

Maybe you're right on that Username "i'm setting myself up for disappointment", but the hype was made by several people within the ban already and Sebastian!

Ask a casual GN'R fan if he/she has heard about The General...

There's no 'hype' about the song other than a few quotes that only we at the forums know about.

Next thing you know it will be 2014 and this will be forgotten...

Doubt it. Next thing you know it will be 2014, nothing will have happened, and we'll still be talking about as if we weren't taken for fools yet again.

That's what you call die-hard fans. LOL.

No, i'm just sayin'

Maybe you're right on that Username "i'm setting myself up for disappointment", but the hype was made by several people within the ban already and Sebastian!

There's no 'hype' about the song other than a few quotes that only we at the forums know about.

I haven't heard news on the general. the song might not even exist.

No, i'm just sayin'

The song exists!

Even Axl said that you hear parts of it on the intro of the shows.... God! What do you pretend with this kind of denial... you obviously know the song exists!

Brain confirmed it, Axl Confirmed it, Sebastian Bach confirmed it, Tommy confirmed it, Dizzy confirmed it.... what else do you need?

No, i'm just sayin'

That's true... the casual fan will not care. I was meaning that the album could very well be a failure for us the Hardcore GNR fans.

No, i'm just sayin'

That's true... the casual fan will not care. I was meaning that the album could very well be a failure for us the Hardcore GNR fans.

Then why did you say New GNR would be finished? The hardcores are a minority. You said the album might fail if The General doesn't meet our expectations.

No, i'm just sayin'

Then why did you say New GNR would be finished? The hardcores are a minority. You said the album might fail if The General doesn't meet our expectations.

Casual fans are not fans of GNR because of whatever NEW GNR does.... they're fans of the old band and the hit songs... sweet child, paradise city, jungle etc...

New GNR could be finished if this next album fails, because people will stop following them...especially when after the second album comes out, they know they won't see another one very soon...so if the second one sucks, what makes you think they'll be around for another 5 years for the third one?

Of course there will still be fans going to the shows, that will always happen...

I don't think the album will fail though.

No, i'm just sayin'

Casual fans are not fans of GNR because of whatever NEW GNR does.... they're fans of the old band and the hit songs... sweet child, paradise city, jungle etc...

New GNR could be finished if this next album fails, because people will stop following them...especially when after the second album comes out, they know they won't see another one very soon...so if the second one sucks, what makes you think they'll be around for another 5 years for the third one?

Of course there will still be fans going to the shows, that will always happen...

I don't think the album will fail though.

I think there's loads of casual fans who will buy a new GN'R record. You don't have to follow the band in the manner we do to be interested in new releases.

I'm a casual Metallica fan. I have no idea what they're up to right now. If there's a new album planned, there are probably song titles floating around. If so, I can't name one of them. When their next album release is out, I'll pick it up and listen. It's that simple.

Chinese sold what? 3-4 million worldwide? The majority of these people aren't roaming the forums...

No, i'm just sayin'

The song exists!

Even Axl said that you hear parts of it on the intro of the shows.... God! What do you pretend with this kind of denial... you obviously know the song exists!

Brain confirmed it, Axl Confirmed it, Sebastian Bach confirmed it, Tommy confirmed it, Dizzy confirmed it.... what else do you need?

>

No, i'm just sayin'

I need its release. and then i can judge the song for myself.

I don't see how someone can say "I love Bad Apples" with a straight face.

There isn't a Guns N' Roses song I don't like.

Yeah, I love Bad Apples. If I had to pick a Gn'R song I don't like, I'd probably go with So Fine or Think About You.

SO Fine and TAY are the songs you play for the girl you wanna have sex with but aren't committed to in the SCOM sense.

Fuck album sales... it's not where the money's at. They need ONE hit single, something at gets people's attention, like Van Halen's Tattoo or Metallica's The Day That Never Comes. The rest is basically for the hardcore fanbase. And they'll have a new, valid excuse for touring.

If the new album consists of Buckethead and Robins material with Ron and DJ doing some bits here and there, much like CD, then I think the album and band could get some backlash from the media, casual fans and even some diehards. IMO, the only way to get through that would be a big promotional campaign, and of course a kickass record. I also think it would be a great time to get the current line up into the studio and release another album as soon as possible. So the fans know this lineup is now the lineup making music.

I think some are missing the point.

This is the first time Axl has ever said anything this hopeful about music in a very long time.

It's not the first time. 2006 sounded WAY more promising.

And brainsaber.......Just go away

He didn't say "the first time." He said "the first time in a long time." 7 years is a long time. Interesting to see how you interpret things though. Maybe it's you who should go away.

Following on from this thread...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

and his response was, and I direct quote

"Actually we are thinking about releasing that later this year"

and he said it seriously, not in a sarcastic/joking tone...

At least 3 other people who are also members on here can confirm...

edit*

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

>

I was there and I remember guns saying something about this that night

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

Axl told HRS they were putting out Silkworms...that was seven years ago.

Just sayin'. Don't get yer' hopes up quite yet.