Gunns Exclusive #2 - Gunns gets Axl Rose to talk about new music

Guest Gunns

Following on from this thread...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

While he was taking photos with everyone, I said 'love silkworms Axl'

and his response was, and I direct quote

"Actually we are thinking about releasing that later this year"

and he said it seriously, not in a sarcastic/joking tone...

At least 3 other people who are also members on here can confirm...

edit*

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

>

I was there and I remember guns saying something about this that night

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

Axl told HRS they were putting out Silkworms...that was seven years ago.

Just sayin'. Don't get yer' hopes up quite yet.

Someone gets it. Check your PMs by the way.

Well, I know Axl words may be a little bit empty. He also told EstrangedTWAT some years ago that they would not release This I Love.

Thing is, it's good to know that at least he thinks about that with some positive plans in mind.

It's something.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/197620-gunns-exclusive-the-hat-incident-video-of-a-fan-meeting-axl-rose/

At the risk of getting everyones hopes up, I thought if Axl was open about it in person to a group of people then he's happy for it to be discussed in public.

After the show in Newcastle, a bunch of us were waiting to see if Axl would come out to grab a photo/meet him, and eventually he did.

edit*

For what it matters, i was next to GUNNS when this happened. 100% confim what GUNNS has stated.

&gt

;

lockquote>

and it backs up with what others have said about the possibility of "new" music getting released this year when talking to the management this past Australian tour.

CDII starts 2013

I had my hopes up for new music in 2013

Ha. This entire thread is laughable.

At least we know he's not in "Just touring" mode.

How exactly? Because Axl said they are thinking about releasing Silkworms? Which will not happen by the way

I realize most fans, including myself, are hoping for new material at some point, but it will not happen this year or next year. How do I know? The same reasons that every single member here should know. History. Axl could give a flying fuck about releasing new material and could care less that fans want it.Fans are still going to shows and pumping touring dollars in and he will ride that out for at least the rest of the year.

As of November '12 all they have done as this lineup is kicked around ideas. They have not entered the studio, as a commitment, to start recording and again, History has proven what that will entail.

Im no insider and this is nothing more than a realist point of view as a fan that fans of this band should never get their hopes up, especially in regards to something as stupid as a " Gunns exclusive standing in a fan line 2 second quip chatting with Axllololololol"

I have no idea where the "next" album stands, and dont really know what this current lineup can deliver when writing new material. If Axl is still hanging on to material and plans to release material that was written 10-15 years ago, what does that say about his confidence in this current lineup to write material?

Releasing Silkworms, which is a song I like, is just a huge slap in the face to this current lineup. Either that, or he believes this lineup cant write shit.

Ha. This entire thread is laughable.

At least we know he's not in "Just touring" mode.

How exactly? Because Axl said they are thinking about releasing Silkworms? Which will not happen by the way

I realize most fans, including myself, are hoping for new material at some point, but it will not happen this year or next year. How do I know? The same reasons that every single member here should know. History. Axl could give a flying fuck about releasing new material and could care less that fans want it.Fans are still going to shows and pumping touring dollars in and he will ride that out for at least the rest of the year.

As of November '12 all they have done as this lineup is kicked around ideas. They have not entered the studio, as a commitment, to start recording and again, History has proven what that will entail.

Im no insider and this is nothing more than a realist point of view as a fan that fans of this band should never get their hopes up, especially in regards to something as stupid as a " Gunns exclusive standing in a fan line 2 second quip chatting with Axllololololol"

I have no idea where the "next" album stands, and dont really know what this current lineup can deliver when writing new material. If Axl is still hanging on to material and plans to release material that was written 10-15 years ago, what does that say about his confidence in this current lineup to write material?

Releasing Silkworms, which is a song I like, is just a huge slap in the face to this current lineup. Either that, or he believes this lineup cant write shit.

Years of just solid touring, until now, DIRECTLY from the horses mouth - "Thinking about releasing that later this year" That's pretty huge. NO matter what viewpoint you have on Axl and his promises, Sure - this could be the first of many plans, rumours and definitely maybes.

But you know what? There was a point where people were honestly thinking Axl would never release music ever again. I understand scepticism but the way the band has operated in the past few years, Axl's silence and Bumblefoot's obvious frustration, it was like Axl just didn't care no more. Being a fan of the new material and wanting more of it seemed pretty pointless and quite embarrassing to say the least. He's clearly not in just touring mode any more cause he has not directly mentioned new music being released in a very long time.

edit*

>

ockquote>

CDII starts 2013

Someone gets it. Check your PMs by the way.

You're both fired.

Guest bellastar2355

Nothing is going to be released this year.

Yea I don't think we'll get anything this year either...

I hope I'm wrong

Edited by bellastar2355

Double album by the end of the year. One of CD era material and one of new stuff.

Source? My ass.

Truth Value? Same as Axl's word.

They could do a killer box set.

Old CD songs.

Songs written by current band.

Covers album

Remix album/Acoustic

A couple of the live concert DVDs they have been promising.

A dvd documentary/behind the scenes style stuff

Axl's book

I'd pay $100 for that in a heartbeat

Double album by the end of the year. One of CD era material and one of new stuff.

Source? My ass.

Old CD songs.

Covers album

Remix album/Acoustic

Axl's book

Me too. We can only dream.

Source? My ass.

Old CD songs.

Covers album

Remix album/Acoustic

Axl's book

I'd pay $100 for a 15-second leak...

edit*

>

>

>

CDII starts 2013

Valid point, but I also think that Axl seems more relaxed than he has been in a long time. There were no late starts for the Australian shows and he's done the odd interview and appearance over the last year or so. I'm sure the other guys in the band will be very keen to get some material out there with their names attached to it and Axl seems pretty happy with the band he's got now so I think it looks more optimistic now than previously.

Guest LarsNorwegw

Silkworms should be released as Dizzy Reed and Chris Pittman featuring Axl Rose. Please do not add that to the official catalog. Please don't further destroy the GNR brand in such a way.

Mr sexy pretends he is sexy... Mmm

Silkworms should be released as Dizzy Reed and Chris Pittman featuring Axl Rose. Please do not add that to the official catalog. Please don't further destroy the GNR brand in such a way.

I don't even know how to respond to that lol

Guest LarsNorwegw

I don't even know how to respond to that lol

That was your respond? Mmmm... Like it. Just LIKE it, Jimbo ( my bimbo)