Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Hoping I can make the rescheduled dates this time. Having to change my plans last year really fucked me up since I couldn’t keep the Lucky Dip tickets I had, and ended up spending a ton more for the gigs I ended up at, particularly opening night in Chicago. 

I hope we'll get rescheduled dates at all.. Many virologists say this virus might be around for up to 2 years.. And at their age, you can't make plans for that far away and they are the target group of old people with reduced immune system 

Maybe 2019 was the last time we saw the Rolling Stones, but then they definitely ended on a high 

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2020 at 5:09 AM, Powerage5 said:

The Stones never sell out immediately. But they always get asses in seats by gig day. 

I believe the industry term for that is a walk up, like certain bands have a big walk up.  Some shit like that.  Like walk up tickets.

Edited by Len Cnut

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Probably their only performance this year

Mick and Ronnie carried this one, Charlie's air drumming was funny but Keith should have been higher in the mix 

Can't really tell what he plays there, apart from his backing vocals, which were great

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I believe the industry term for that is a walk up, like certain bands have a big walk up.  Some shit like that.  Like walk up tickets.

“Walk up” specifically refers to tickets bought at the venue at show time - that’s not quite how the Stones do it. They play games so they can try and say every show is sold out in advance sales. Tickets for Stones shows are typically on a flexible pricing scale - the price on a ticket when they go on sale isn’t necessarily the price it will sell for closer to the gig. Let’s say there’s tickets for $399 at the on sale date - if those tickets are still available in the weeks leading up to the gig, you may see those same tickets for $250 or something. The other big trick they use is the Lucky Dip tickets. They’ll do more drops of Lucky Dips in the last several days before a show if there’s still a significant number of tickets to shift. At $29 per ticket, it’s guaranteed to sell out. 

3 hours ago, SAU3R said:

Probably their only performance this year

Mick and Ronnie carried this one, Charlie's air drumming was funny but Keith should have been higher in the mix 

Can't really tell what he plays there, apart from his backing vocals, which were great

Keef just sat there and oozed Keefness. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...

They're going to be streaming bonus footage from old concerts on youtube.

First one premieres tomorrow at this link:

Here's the teaser:

Extra Licks! The Rolling Stones - Olé Olé Olé! Performances #ExtraLicks #StayHome rock #WithMe As part of YouTube’s #StayHome campaign, The Rolling Stones will launch a weekly series entitled “Extra Licks”, starting this Sunday May 3rd at 12pmPT / 3pmET/ 8pmBST. Each YouTube Premiere will stream the bonus features of six concert films from throughout their career, including performances from the 1994 Voodoo Lounge Tour and the 2016 Latin America Ole! Tour. Available digitally for the first time, this six-part weekly series will feature bonus footage from some of the band’s most memorable concerts around the world.

• GNFNR 1

I was hoping for a lot more than ole ole ole extras before it was announced. Thought it may have had some footage from the licks tour. I caught 2 shows on that tour and they were brilliant. 

Anyone gone for refunds for their stones tickets? I only had 1 show and have held off on the refund but it looks like it ain’t happening anytime this year or maybe next...

Well, they are going to release this:

"Hear the Stones better than you’ve heard them before! Out on June 26 are break-outs of individual LPs from the half-speed master boxset ’Studio Albums Vinyl Collection 1971-2016’. Every album was remastered & cut at revelatory Half-Speed at Abbey Road Studios from vinyl specific original tape transfers, designed to get the very best possible sound from the format...
Each album is pressed on heavyweight 180-gram black vinyl - pick your albums of choice for pre-order here: https://therollingstones.lnk.to/Half-Speed-Masters "

On 18.3.2020 at 9:43 AM, SAU3R said:

I hope we'll get rescheduled dates at all.. Many virologists say this virus might be around for up to 2 years.. And at their age, you can't make plans for that far away and they are the target group of old people with reduced immune system 

Maybe 2019 was the last time we saw the Rolling Stones, but then they definitely ended on a high 

Yeah. And stopped by a viral epidemic. Don't get more epic than that. But yeah. I worry too. Also Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Sammy Hagar, Diana Ross, Queen, Mother's Finest, Lionel Richie, Ozzy Osbourne. All acts I wanted to see this year. Who knows what will happen in 2 years.