Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I wonder if anyone will actually ever get GA from the $85 tickets.

You would think they would at least have 1 pair get it a show.

I'm sure it's only one pair per show.

Although the actual assignment of tickets to orders is surely random, I very much doubt the allotments themselves are.

Just read on IORR that someone saw a list for the Staples show which said there were 50 pit tickets at the $85 price point...find it hard to believe but anything is possible I guess

Someone also posted that Ticketmaster has discounted $450 tickets available for $238 in the 100's section for tonights Oakland show..Shit even I might bite for one of the Boston shows for me and the wife if that happens here and then sell my $85 tickets.

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1825610

Edited by classicrawker

Although the actual assignment of tickets to orders is surely random, I very much doubt the allotments themselves are.

Just read on IORR that someone saw a list for the Staples show which said there were 50 pit tickets at the $85 price point...find it hard to believe but anything is possible I guess

Can you link to that post? Missed that one...

Can you link to that post? Missed that one...

Well there was a thread called the "$85 experiences" but it got merged here so it's a bit hard to follow now...the gist of it is that most people got crap seats in the rafters, a few lucked out in the lower level and one hearsay report on Shidoobee said that one pair was a pit ticket...but Gwen saw on a list that there were 50 tickets in the pit...

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1803460,page=29

Post is by godablouse near the bottom of the page..........Like I said it is hearsay so take it for what it is worth....but it would be cool if true and one of us scored pit tickets for $85....

Edited by classicrawker

And more claims from the IORR forum that there are some pit tickets in the $85 mix........so there may be a chance after all........

Halup
I know someone who did get a pair for the pit from the $85 tickets. They met a few others around them that had also won them from the lottery, so that means there were at least a minimum of 5 or so pairs from the lottery.

I ended up in PR2 which was very good and would have been the $450 tickets, so I consider myself lucky.

I know they're a million years old, but those setlists are small. If they are asking you to take out a mortgage to see them for a single evening, they had better make it a long one, or at least a regular-length one.

It's almost a 2 and a half hour show though - not bad for a bunch of old farts.

I know they're a million years old, but those setlists are small. If they are asking you to take out a mortgage to see them for a single evening, they had better make it a long one, or at least a regular-length one.

Shit, when did they turn into the Allman Brothers Band? 10 min. per song?

Yea, they drag the songs out a bit. Midnight Rambler is about 15 mins nowadays...

Yea, they drag the songs out a bit. Midnight Rambler is about 15 mins nowadays...

15 minutes of awesomeness.......

Tom Waits is the guest tonight. Eww...

This.

He sucks.

Tom Waits is amazing......hope he plays in Boston...

I wish somebody would break Ronnie Wood's arm. It's such a cock tease bringing out Mick Taylor for one song. And if they are only going to do one song with Taylor it should either be Can't You Hear Me Knocking or Moonlight Mile.

Edited by Randy Lahey

15 minutes of awesomeness.......

This.

He sucks.

Tom Waits is amazing......hope he plays in Boston...

Can't stand his voice from what little I've heard of him.

This.

He sucks.

Get off of this planet.

I loved the bits in Keith's book where him and Waits just talk about how much they love each other. Watching them in a studio together must be hilarious.

Edited by Chinaski

Last night's setlist:

Get Off Of My Cloud

It's Only Rock N' Roll

Live With Me

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Little Red Rooster (w/ Tom Waits)

Dead Flowers

Emotional Rescue

All Down The Line

Doom And Gloom

One More Shot

Honky Tonk Women

Before They Make Me Run

Happy

Midnight Rambler (w/ Mick Taylor)

Miss You

Start Me Up

Tumbling Dice

Brown Sugar

Sympathy For The Devil

---

You Can't Always Get What You Want

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Satisfaction

They're already mixing it up more than last year :shades:

9 more songs than the other show. That' more like it, but I'd be pissed if I went to the other show.

...When you said the setlists were too short this tour, you were referring to the warmup club gig last weekend, and not the opening night at the Staples Center on Friday, weren't you? Makes a lot more sense now :lol:

The club gigs they do as warmup shows are always that short, never more than a dozen songs or so. They're also only $20 so it's a fair trade. Every "real" show of the tour from the O2 in November right up through last night has been 23 songs, about 2 and a half hours. The first O2 was only 22 songs, because they ran too late to play Satisfaction. Hope that helps ;)

Reports on IORR forum from the Oakland show of $85 pit tickets so there is hope after all. Not a huge percentage for sure but there is a chance of hitting big. Also several mentions of gettin ghteir seats upgraded by talking to Guest Services once inside.

Re: "Thousands" of $85 Tickets - latest news!
Posted by:bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 6, 2013 16:42

From IGTBA on Shidoobee:

Just back at hotel near Oakland now. Another great concert. Got in the pit with my $85s - yes!!! I think it was random luck. They checked my ID against my name on a list, then she looked at my tickets in an envelop (I think from a single pile, but not positive) and told me to wait over at the side, keeping my ID with the tickets - after a minute or so (when I was not sure what was happening) another worker grabbed another envelop and ID for people in front of me and started putting wrist bands on them - that's when I started to think this might be great. Then he took my ID/envelop called my name and I asked "are we in the pit?" and he said yes and put wrist bands on us - great!! There were quite a few $85s that got in the pit at Oakland. But the percentage was still low, since there were a lot of $85s sold for Oakland too - a long line and long wait to get in with the $85s.
and
Re: $85.00 ticket experience and seating information
Posted by:darkstardew ()
Date: May 6, 2013 10:19

Oakland tonight. Got 109 Row 27. Interestingly there were 2 other pairs of people I knew within a few rows of me who also got $85 tix. Another buddy pulled seats in a better section, 104 I believe. People in front of me got 200 something.

Talking to my friends a few seats down they knew people who paid $85 and got tongue pit, but most of their friends who got $85 got uppers. I was VERY happy with my seats, not too close but could clearly see the whole stage and screens and hear well. The only annoying part was the couple behind us who kept yelling at my wife and this other guy to sit down when 90% of our section was standing...