Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

9 more songs than the other show. That' more like it, but I'd be pissed if I went to the other show.

...When you said the setlists were too short this tour, you were referring to the warmup club gig last weekend, and not the opening night at the Staples Center on Friday, weren't you? Makes a lot more sense now :lol:

The club gigs they do as warmup shows are always that short, never more than a dozen songs or so. They're also only $20 so it's a fair trade. Every "real" show of the tour from the O2 in November right up through last night has been 23 songs, about 2 and a half hours. The first O2 was only 22 songs, because they ran too late to play Satisfaction. Hope that helps ;)

Oh that's alright then.

Still think the prices are shameful, but I guess someone will buy them.

Some more interesting news on IORR from the Oakland show us $85 ticket holders can use. If you get a crappy nosebleed seat go to guest services and maybe you can get an instant upgrade.

gtrplyr

Anyway, when we were waiting to meet him, we were in the "guest services" area where people were talking to the Box Office manager. Some of the people had received the wrong tickets, or had price complaints, and others were there complaining about the $85 seats they got. He was just handing them all new tickets from a stack he had in his pocket (mostly much better seats in the 100's). So, if you end up in the upper level, I would suggest heading to guest services and asking to be relocated. It seems that they have so many extras that they are giving them out pretty freely.
(/quote]

Man this tour is already a trainwreck with the tickets...I feel sorry for those who paid big $$$ for their tickets as they are now deeply discounting them to fill the arena's up.........sometimes greed is not good!

WHen you get to the will call if your envelope has a black line on it you may have scored pit tickets according to the post on IORR....

had $85 tickets at Oakland. The line started moving at 7pm. Thousands of people in line I would guess but it snaked around so could not see the whole line. I got section 114. Side of stage on left side 7 rows from floor. Very good seats. The people in front of me in line got the pit. The envelope had a black line on it. The person passing out the tickets waved to the wrist band guy behind them. they got wrist bands and they stamped their tickets and took the envelope. It was definitely random and they had not been preselected.
We only showed ID (not credit card). The people handing out the envelopes had people behind them with lists. They did verify that your last name was on the list and then they handed the envelope.

Some more interesting news on IORR from the Oakland show us $85 ticket holders can use. If you get a crappy nosebleed seat go to guest services and maybe you can get an instant upgrade.

gtrplyr

Anyway, when we were waiting to meet him, we were in the "guest services" area where people were talking to the Box Office manager. Some of the people had received the wrong tickets, or had price complaints, and others were there complaining about the $85 seats they got. He was just handing them all new tickets from a stack he had in his pocket (mostly much better seats in the 100's). So, if you end up in the upper level, I would suggest heading to guest services and asking to be relocated. It seems that they have so many extras that they are giving them out pretty freely.

(/quote]

Man this tour is already a trainwreck with the tickets...I feel sorry for those who paid big $$$ for their tickets as they are now deeply discounting them to fill the arena's up.........sometimes greed is not good!

The upgrade thing isn't even that sneaky - the whole idea spawned out of the fact that they never said $85 tickets have a possibility of being limited view, which the ticketing agencies are required to do for such sections. So it was really their fuck up to begin with.

Anyone going to the first Toronto show with $85 tickets, not sure what kind of chances you'll have to trade up to better seats (if you don't land good seats).

VIP packages: sold out

$85 level: sold out

$200 + level : sold out

$450+ level: best available, side view seats only (and they are listed as side view...so you can't use that angle to trade up).

Persoanlly I'd say they are more rear view but hey.

*600+ level: limited availability floors, lower bowl best available, section they label as closest to stage, but whenever I've sat there, it was side view.

And that's without upper bracket ticket price reductions.

This one seems to have sold rather well.

Second show appears to have more available.

Anyone going to the first Toronto show with $85 tickets, not sure what kind of chances you'll have to trade up to better seats (if you don't land good seats).

VIP packages: sold out

$85 level: sold out

$200 + level : sold out

$450+ level: best available, side view seats only (and they are listed as side view...so you can't use that angle to trade up).

Persoanlly I'd say they are more rear view but hey.

*600+ level: limited availability floors, lower bowl best available, section they label as closest to stage, but whenever I've sat there, it was side view.

And that's without upper bracket ticket price reductions.

This one seems to have sold rather well.

Second show appears to have more available.

What do you think the odds of a price drop/another batch of $85 tickets is for Toronto? I'm wondering if they will or not for this one, the 5/25 show seems to be one of the best selling of the tour...

Tom Waits is the guest tonight. Eww...

This.

He sucks.

Get off of this planet.

I loved the bits in Keith's book where him and Waits just talk about how much they love each other. Watching them in a studio together must be hilarious.

Sorry, not a fan based on what little I've heard.

Can't stand his voice. If I'm missing something, feel free to fill me in.

Tom Waits is the guest tonight. Eww...

This.

He sucks.

Get off of this planet.

I loved the bits in Keith's book where him and Waits just talk about how much they love each other. Watching them in a studio together must be hilarious.

Sorry, not a fan based on what little I've heard.

Can't stand his voice. If I'm missing something, feel free to fill me in.

This is exactly why I can't stand him either. Fucking worst voice of all time.

Its early so i wont be able to explain this well. Tom Waits is what would have happened if Bruce's car had never got started. He's the boss raised in the back of a carnival by Charles Bukowski and Kurt Weill with Randy Newman and Leadbelly playing through a crackly old radio in the corner. If he sounded like Paul Rodgers it wouldn't make any sense. Have you heard Rod Stewart doing Downtown Train and Tom Trauberts Blues? It sounds completely soulless. I actually admire Waits for making his voice such an integral part of his songwriting. You couldn't write like him without that voice to back it up.

I get its pretty off putting to some but there isn't a songwriter on the planet I find as poignant and as cool and as funny and as dark and as inspiring and perceptive as Tom Waits.

8 hours is a bit much, especially with a chance like that.

If none of the other shows are options to you though, I say do it. It's the last night of the tour.

Well Toronto is an options...so long as there's a price drop. If not, I'm fucked.

EDIT: Wow - I didn't explain shit when I said I might go to DC :lol:

If I got to DC, can't afford either Toronto show because of all the extra gas money. If Toronto gets a $168 price drop, I can swing one. If there's another batch of $85's for Toronto, I can swing both dates. But I'll need to get $85's for DC before I know if Toronto will get a price drop. Taking a gamble no matter what I do :shrugs:

In that case, I almost want to say take a chance with both Toronto shows.

Yea...kinda what I'm thinking.

Vegas just had it's first price drop I think - weren't back of the lower bowl initially $600 for all shows? Or $450? Either way, back of the lower bowl is now $250 for Vegas, and that's with 4 days until the gig still. Likely to hit the $150 price in the next couple days probably. Vegas was another of the better-selling shows, so that's a good sign for Toronto...

Plus, if Toronto does get another batch of $85's - cool, I can swing 2 shows. DC would be an endgame - that would absolutely be my only show.

Fuck, I gotta get better at not hitting delete when I mean to hit quote on my phone, I accidentally delete way too many posts :lol: Sorry, Real McCoy :hug:

To recap his post that I so rudely deleted, Mick played on Midnight Ramble AND Satisfaction last night. John Fogerty guested on Its All Over Now, and Bonnie Raitt guested on Let It Bleed. Sounds like a tasty show :shades: