Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I was sitting in my seat, and I spotted P5 walking up the floor with two bottles of water. And he kept walking and walking..and I thought "holy shit, he scored pit!".

I watched for him when he walked in the pit area but I didn't see him once he passed the entrance, so I think they were right up front on Keef's side.

So happy for you man, that's way cool!

Haha :lol: Was looking for you but didn't see you, I think I must've walked right by you when going back down though!

Yes, had pit tonight. Fucking amazing. My phone battery is low but I'll post more in the morning! Got some AMAZING pics of Keef too ;)

So you got pit with the $85 tickets off of ebay?....if you did can you tell us how it worked picking up the tix?

Well our guy also had $85's for himself and a few other people he sold them to. Didn't feel bad about buying from him since he clearly wasn't trying to gouge fans if he was willing to give back $100 on the spot if someone got upper bowl (Which he did do for the couple that went in with us that got 306's). Anyways, Toronto was a show that didn't have a limit on how many pairs of $85's people could have, so we just acted like he was a friend of ours that bought on tix on his card. He had a couple more guys who were taking forever to "eat" (I think more like pregame), so somehow he convinced the people working the $85 table to let him get the tickets for everyone who wasthere and then his own and the other pair later. We got there super early, so he said he'd give us first pick of what was available for all the bullshit we had to put up with because of his other guys. So that's how we got pit :)

I'll post a full review and pics in a bit, just woke up and gotta get some coffee in me :lol:

Sweet! Sounds like he was a good dude...........can't beat pit tickets for the price of nosebleeds....look forward to seeing your pix.............I'm getting fired up for the two Boston shows and hope I get decent seats with my $85's for at least one of the shows.....

When the Stones played Boston, they usually stayed at the Four Seasons, but Keith's home is relatively close and prob. takes a private jet or drives there.

Edited by dalsh327

I was sitting in my seat, and I spotted P5 walking up the floor with two bottles of water. And he kept walking and walking..and I thought "holy shit, he scored pit!".

I watched for him when he walked in the pit area but I didn't see him once he passed the entrance, so I think they were right up front on Keef's side.

Haha :lol: Was looking for you but didn't see you, I think I must've walked right by you when going back down though!

Yes, had pit tonight. Fucking amazing. My phone battery is low but I'll post more in the morning! Got some AMAZING pics of Keef too ;)

So you got pit with the $85 tickets off of ebay?....if you did can you tell us how it worked picking up the tix?

Well our guy also had $85's for himself and a few other people he sold them to. Didn't feel bad about buying from him since he clearly wasn't trying to gouge fans if he was willing to give back $100 on the spot if someone got upper bowl (Which he did do for the couple that went in with us that got 306's). Anyways, Toronto was a show that didn't have a limit on how many pairs of $85's people could have, so we just acted like he was a friend of ours that bought on tix on his card. He had a couple more guys who were taking forever to "eat" (I think more like pregame), so somehow he convinced the people working the $85 table to let him get the tickets for everyone who wasthere and then his own and the other pair later. We got there super early, so he said he'd give us first pick of what was available for all the bullshit we had to put up with because of his other guys. So that's how we got pit :)

I'll post a full review and pics in a bit, just woke up and gotta get some coffee in me :lol:

Sweet! Sounds like he was a good dude...........can't beat pit tickets for the price of nosebleeds....look forward to seeing your pix.............I'm getting fired up for the two Boston shows and hope I get decent seats with my $85's for at least one of the shows.....

When the Stones played Boston, they usually stayed at the Four Seasons, but Keith's home is relatively close and prob. takes a private jet or drives there.

He lives in Weston, CT which is about 2 hours Boston so I doubt he would bother taking a private jet. I used to work in nearby Westport and drove past where he lives often.

Very exclusive area and homes cost in the millions..........Nice little love shack..........

http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/keith-richards.php

Going to the Friday the 14th show with a buddy and will have to see if I can talk him into hanging out at the 4 Seasons to get my Keef book autographed.

Edited by classicrawker

Okay, time to type up my full review. I won't bore you guys with all the ticketing stuff, since I've already explained how it went down :tongue2:

Got our pit wristbands (And they're really fancy, I'll have to post a pic) and went into the venue. Got our spot on the barrier, which was the very end of the barrier on Keith's side. They got every inch out of the barrier that they could, we were almost under the bridge over the pit entrance, so we couldn't see when Mick or Keith were up on the side (Or the horn section for that matter), but we had a great view of the rest of the stage, including the end of the tongue when we turned around. Guy next to us was from Indiana, seeing the Stones for the 27th time, he was extremely nice and spent most of the pre-show talking with him. We told him we go see Maiden the way he goes to see the Stones, so he was asking us all about how it was different than Stones shows, etc. He'd never seen them in Europe, so he was interested to hear our take on European crowds.

There were 2 rumors circulating in the pit - one was that Mick Taylor would do 4 songs again. This one was apparently "confirmed" by the Stones' FOH people (NOT house security, mind you). The second was that the tour manager had said to someone in the afternoon that there was a second guest that was a name too big to announce beforehand. JB texted me that Q107 was reporting Pete Townshend would join them since he was in town promoting Tommy - obviously that didn't happen :lol:

Around 8:15 Darryl Jones came out into the pit. He was super relaxed and very nice. He signed a few autographs, took a few pictures with fans (I got one with him :shades:) and chatted with a few people then went backstage again. Never expected to meet a Rolling Stone last night (Sorry to any Bill Wyman purists, but I consider Darryl a Stone whether or not Mick considers him an employee :tongue2:)

Show got started around 8:50. Same intro they used last year, which is really cool with the video tribute to the band. Band came on and the energy in the pit was just absolutely electric! I still think Get Off My Cloud is a great opener, and combined with You Got Me Rocking it's a nice one-two punch. One thing I noticed is Keith throws a surprising number of picks. I thought he threw them pretty sparsely, but he tossed one after at least half of the songs in the set. Paint It Black was next. Now, I love PIIB, it's one of my favorites of the hits, but it was so. danm. slow. last night. Like, painfully slow.

Gotta let the photographer in me geek out for a minute. The light show was, as a photographer, the best I've ever seen. The show was so vivid that even when they weren't using whites, it was almost always bright enough for pictures to come out at a nice shutter speed. The colors that Keef was wearing all night really popped well in the pictures too. Speaking of Keef, he is the most photogenic musician I've ever shot. Every damn picture of him exudes that Keith Richards attitude, because he is seemingly always in oen of his signature poses. Mick was much harder to get pictures of, I got some good ones, but many more of Keith.

Gimme Shelter was incredible with Lisa Fischer, it was my first time hearing her do the duet since Mary J Blige did it in Brooklyn. Man, Lisa has some serious pipes!!! While Mick was talking after GS, I saw Keith putting on his acoustic, and figured they were about to do Wild Horses and let Carrie Underwood botch it. Angie was a very welcome surprise (IIRC, it was never mentioned in anyone's reports on what they rehearsed?). Angie is one of my favorite Stones ballads, so it was great to see it live. And even though my mom and I both voted for Shine A Light, Street Fighting Man had so much energy live. I hate to say it, but SAL would've been out of place if they'd done that. Emotional Rescue was great live, I wasn't sure what I'd think of it, but it's a lot of fun live and a good singalong song.

Around this time Mick Taylor came into the pit to watch a few songs...and was standing right next to us!!! :shock: I didn't ask for a picture since it would've attracted a lot of attention in the middle of the show, but I did say hi and shake his hand.

I was pleasantly surprised in Carrie's performance on IORR, it was a great song for her to guest on. I thought Doom And Gloom was okay last night, but nothing special. It was definitely better in Brooklyn. One More Shot was still great though! And Honky Tonk Women was as good as it's ever been. Keith was having a bunch of fun teasing the crowd on those first couple notes until he finally took played the lick that leads into the first verse. He'd shake his head at the crowd like "nope, not yet!" every time he vamped it. I forgot to mention earlier, that it was fucking loud in the pit. We didn't bring our earplugs last night because we figured we wouldn't need them becuase really, what are the odds of getting pit off of $85's? :lol: We've both got some ringing in our ears today, it was as loud as a Maiden gig in the pit!

When they did the band intros, I was surprised how big a response Ronnie got, the crowd couldn't get enough of him. I can never believe how shy and timid Charlie seems, with how Mick has to literally push him on stage. And then there's Keith. You Got The Silver was great to hear, nice mellow moment in an otherwise high energy show. And I'm happy (No pun intended) that they did Happy instead of Before The Make Me Run last night. Still hope he breaks out Little T&A soon, I'd love to hear that one.

Then the real fun began. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd ever get to hear Mick Taylor play with The Stones, and it was absolutely everything I hoped for and more. Last night was absolutely, bar none, the best Midnight Rambler I've ever heard, live or on recording. It's so clear how much fun they're having jamming with Mick too, him and Keith gel so well together. Absolutely the highlight of the night! One thing that amazes me and it was especially apparent on MR is how they're always so together when their songs are usually so open-ended live.

And then the hits started. The Stones are one of those bands where I can't get tired of the hits, they're always great live. With the exception of Miss You, I thought it was kinda boring last night. But I don't have many comments on the rest of the show - the hits were as good as they've ever been, and seeing Mick on another song was great too!

Sorry, I've been writing this on and off throughout the day and just wanted to fucking get it over with :lol: But just to leave you guys with a little something until I can start post-processing my pictures, check out what I did manage to score last night:

970927_665521790130522_1709877444_n.jpg

Foe those of you wondering what comes on the exclusive cd's in the 50th Anniversary Stones Crystal Head Vodka set this was posted on the IORR forum

donvis
I have it. All songs are from Love You Live, Still Life, Flashpoint, Stripped, Live Licks, and Shine A Light.

Nice cross section of stuff from the live albums but nothing new there.

Edited by classicrawker

He lives in Weston, CT which is about 2 hours Boston so I doubt he would bother taking a private jet. I used to work in nearby Westport and drove past where he lives often.

Very exclusive area and homes cost in the millions..........Nice little love shack..........

http://www.celebrityhousepictures.com/keith-richards.php

Going to the Friday the 14th show with a buddy and will have to see if I can talk him into hanging out at the 4 Seasons to get my Keef book autographed.

I can't guarantee he'll be there, but it's worth a try.

Awesome, hope i get someone cool for the 31st. Not a huge deal but would be a cool bonus

So you're going??

Yup! Unless something terrible happens I'm going to go to one of the next two shows!

Whatever it costs you to do it, totally worth it man.

This is an amazing tour.

Everyone I've talked to, and from many comments I've read, this was the most enjoyable tour they've seen since the '78 tour.

I completely agree with that.

Plus Mick Taylor...so fucking cool!

RS SETLIST CHICAGO #1 May 28, 2013

Get Off Of My Cloud
It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll (But I Like It)
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Wild Horses
Rocks Off (By Request)
Emotional Rescue
Six Days On The Road (with Taj Mahal)
Doom And Gloom
One More Shot
Honky Tonk Women
BAND INTRODUCTIONS
You Got The Silver (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith on lead vocals)
Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)
Miss You
Start Me Up
Tumbling Dice
Brown Sugar
Sympathy For Devil

ENCORE
You Can’t Always Get What You Want (with the Roosevelt University Conservatory Chorus)
Jumpin’ Jack Flash
(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

Guest Len B'stard

Getting tickets to see The Stones at Hyde Park, despite all my prior scoffing and pisstaking and uh, stone throwing.

If they play that setlist at Hyde Park i'll be chuffed to bits, that sounds great :)

Sorry, meant the rotating songs (Last night those were Wild Horses, Rocks Off, Emotional Rescue, and Before They Make Me Run, plus Six Days On The Road was the guest song). I agree that overall the setlist is very good this tour :)

I'm hoping (but doubtful) to hear any of these:

Just My Imagination, Some Girls, Shine A Light, Mixed Emotions, Little T & A

Undercover Of The Night :awesomeface:

Just My Imagination and Shine A Light are very possible, they've both been in the song votes at least once this year. Can't remember if Some Girls has or not. Little T&A is my top choice for them to pull out at the second TO show, other than Sway or CYHMK of course ;)