Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

It'll be over before you know it Z..

Carrie Underwood was done in about 4 min. :tongue2:

ha! true... i mean, if it means i get something cool like wild horses or dead flowers or a countryish stones tune with her on it, thats fine. she'll be nothing more than a voice to go with it. just more bummed it isnt someone like buddy guy

how cool would it have been to see buddy and mick taylor jam with the stones on sweet home chicago?

TOO COOL

Taylor Swift is the guest tonight. :lol:

:vomit:

It'll be over before you know it Z..

Carrie Underwood was done in about 4 min. :tongue2:

I was pleasantly surprised by Carrie's performance. Nothing groundbreaking, but she's got a much more powerful voice than I ever thought before.

i dont, i ended up just grabbing a 300- level seat from stubhub a few days ago. it was under 200 so i had to just grab it. not too terrible though, its section 334 so ill see everything

Before or after fees?

Carrie Underwood did a good job, I'll give her that.

A lot of the power might have had to do to the soundguy cranking her to levels you could hear on the moon! :tongue2:

I thought. mostly it was....awkward, she kinda plodded through it.

But I concede she did sound good on it.

Zint, on 03 Jun 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

ZoSoRose, on 02 Jun 2013 - 8:55 PM, said:

ill be there tomorrow, PLEASE vote Sway

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :awesomeface:

Looks like Zoso got Sway!!

<_<

We better at least get CYHMK on Thursday. I guess I should give up hope on Sway.

EDIT: As Tears Go By with Taylor Swift? Jealous Zoso got ATGB, but with Taylor Swift? Ehh...

EDIT 2: Looks like they're into an every-other-gig rotation for Before They Make Me Run and Happy...and we'll be getting Happy again on Thursday. I can live with that :)

It's adding up though isn't it.

Haven't the guests mostly all been doing different songs so far?

Yes. Songs performed with guests:

- Gimme Shelter w/ Mary J. Blige (London, Brooklyn), w/ Florence Welch (London), w/ Lady Gaga (Newark)

- Going Down w/ Jeff Beck (London), w/ Gary Clark Jr. (Brooklyn), w/ John Mayer & Gary Clark Jr. (Newark)

- It's Only Rock N' Roll w/ Bill Wyman (London), w/ Carrie Underwood (Toronto)

- Honky Tonk Women w/ Bill Wyman (London)

- Midnight Rambler w/ Mick Taylor (All except Brooklyn)

- You Can't Always Get What You Want w/ [local youth choir] (All)

- Champagne & Reefer w/ Eric Clapton (London), w/ John Mayer (Anaheim)

- Respectable w/ John Mayer (Newark), w/ Keith Urban (LA)

- Who Do You Love? w/ The Black Keys (Newark)

- Tumbling Dice w/ Bruce Springsteen (Newark)

- Love/ in Vain w/ Mick Taylor (LA)

- Wild Horses w/ Gwen Stefani (LA)

- Little Red Rooster w/ Tom Waits (Oakland)

- It's All Over Now w/ John Fogerty (San Jose)

- Let It Bleed w/ Bonnie Raitt (San Jose)

- Satisfaction w/ Mick Taylor (All since San Jose)

- Beast Of Burden w/ Katy Perry (Vegas)

- Bitch w/ Dave Grohl (Anaheim)

- Sway w/ Mick Taylor (LA, Chicago)

- Can't You Hear Me Knocking (LA, Chicago)

- Six Days On The Road w/ Taj Mahal (Chicago)

- All Down The Line w/ Sheryl Crow (Chicago)

- As Tears Go By w/ Taylor Swift (Chicago)

That's a lot of guest songs!

For almost a decade, I have been dying to see the Stones

They were my best friend's first big rock n roll gig back in 05 and ever since, I knew I had to see them. That was the time right when I was getting into all things music/rock n roll/ and guitar. Of course I knew who they were before that, but since then they have been one of my all time favorites.

I had always been worried when they would tour since they are so old and play a lot less than they have in the past, when they announced the 50 and Counting tour, I was gutted there was no Detroit stop. Usually Chicago would be no problem, but my girlfriend and I have run into a huge rent problem

and have been basically paying her entire year's rent in only a few months, we are still working on that lol. Anyways, I knew this could be my last chance, so i bit the bullet and got a ticket. (Powerage, it was 190 BEFORE fees, like 219 after. Those bastards!)

My gf and I drove down to Valporaiso Indiana Saturday (thats where her mom lives) I took a train Sunday to Evanston to visit a friend and yesterday, I took the train to downtown Chicago. I had about 8 dollars in my pocket so I ended up walking everywhere to just kill time. Ended up walking down to millenium park,

to the John Hanncock Building, and then all the way to the United Center- seemed like quite a trek! I got there really early so I killed a bit more time at a random library by the venue just using the internet and reading a copy of "Watchmen" they had.

Finally, I made my way to the gig. Waited about another 45 minutes and they opened the doors. Found my seat (Last row sectin 334) and then it seemed like I was at a GNR gig, took like an hour and a half for them to hit the stage. When they did, it was amazing. The sound was amazing, near perfect.

It was surreal to see the Stones finally in person, after all these years. Jagger is amazing, Keef had his chops, Charlie was great (although I couldnt really see him), and Ronnie kicked ass. The backing musicians were as solid as they come. Mick Taylor was obviously brilliant. And I have to say, I actually enjoyed "As Tears Go By" with Swift. She sounded really good and was hot as hell. There were a few issues here and there, like Keith's Telecaster cut out during the "Honkey Tonk Woman" solo, but that kind of added that raw edge the Stones are so well known for.

I got that, SWAY, all the hits, kick ass Midnight Rambler, Live with Me, You Got the SIlver... well, you can look up the set, it was increadible! The show felt like a 3 hour marathon in a good way. You really got your moneys worth. If I paid 600 for the shit seat I was in, I would have walked away with the same smile on my face.

What a night!

It's quite amazing isn't it?!!

To me, it's not like...Steel Wheels Rolling Stones (know what I mean?). it's like, the Stones!

There's a vibe going on at these shows, on stage and in the crowd. that harkens back to the vintage tours.

Last Saturday, someone even sparked a sweet smelling doob behind me, I was just waiting for the shoulder nudge, the pass it on toke.

Didn't make it down my way though...damn it. :tongue2:

Yeah, there was this vibe. It was different from every show I've been to.and even thigh they were just paying an arena with a minimal stage production, it still felt huge.more so than other other arena gig I've been to like bands like aerosmith, van halen, gnr, ac/dc, even the who, etc. felt more like a stadium gig ive seen like paul mccartney and u2 in terms of hype and fanfare

Its hard to describe

So no second Toronto show...but it's because BS scored me tickets for GN'R at the Brooklyn gig!!! It's bittersweet, but this is such an opportunity. Plus, after being on the barrier at the last gig, the second one just wouldn't have compared.