Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

No Lucky Dip for Buffalo is disappointing, but I'm positive this won't be the last time the Stones are around.

Maybe they'll add Lucky Dip tickets for Buffalo as the gig gets closer. I'm positive Buffalo won't sell out. It's odd that Buffalo is the only stadium gig without Lucky Dip.

Upper bowl in Detroit seems to be completely gone and now you can only get single seats in the lower bowl at Comerica

Are tickets selling this quick in other markets?

I was going to check out Atlanta and Raleigh, by the time I did (a few hours after they went on sale) both shows were like that. Only seats are lower level.

Upper bowl in Detroit seems to be completely gone and now you can only get single seats in the lower bowl at Comerica

Are tickets selling this quick in other markets?

I was going to check out Atlanta and Raleigh, by the time I did (a few hours after they went on sale) both shows were like that. Only seats are lower level.

Just wait for more Lucky Dip drops - they will happen.

• Like 1

No Lucky Dip for Buffalo is disappointing, but I'm positive this won't be the last time the Stones are around.

Maybe they'll add Lucky Dip tickets for Buffalo as the gig gets closer. I'm positive Buffalo won't sell out. It's odd that Buffalo is the only stadium gig without Lucky Dip.

Indeed. It's the weakest concert market and the stadium is huge. It begs for some mystery tickets so here's hoping closer to the gig.

• Like 1

Bought nosebleed seats at the Citrus Bowl. I wish I could get better tickets, but the truth is, with my current life/money situation, I shouldn't have bought tickets at all. But I just couldn't bring myself to not go. I've never seen the Stones and it's pretty much a rock fan requirement. I'm excited just to be there, even if far away. Hopefully this won't be the last and only time. Hopefully next time I can get some decent tickets. At least I'm going at all.

Don't know, haven't checked any gigs. I don't think they'll sell any venues out without resorting to some tricks though.

Based on past experience you are most likely right Power.

They never release all the least expensive seats all at once as they would never sell the overpriced premium seats initially and have to discount them later.

I think you will see several ticket drops of seats at all price ranges between now and concert time. I also believe that the prices of the ultra expensive field seats will slowly drop as you get closer to show date.

They called this 'flex pricing' for the 2014 shows and dropped the prices considerably for the lower bowl premium seats as they got closer to show date.

Those who are patient will have no problem getting tickets and IMHO you should be able to get field seats much cheaper the closer to show date if you can wait.

I don't get how Americans are so blase about concerts. Around here shows sell out in minutes. Is it because you get so many of them? You guys are spoiled.

If tickets for the Stones weren't so expensive they would sell out in minutes. Tickets this year are still about 25% more than they were in Europe last year when you account for the exchange (Much more in some cases - tickets for Rome were all 70).

Then there's also all the Live Nation VIP bullshit - basically, everyone knows those tickets up front for VIP will eventually be sold at face value when the VIP sales dry up. One of the VH gigs I was looking at going to, HALF of the venue was reserved for $700 VIP tickets. That's a huge part of the reason shows don't sell out.

Concerts to see a name band have stopped being affordable entertainment and all about maximizing profit. To me, the older the band is the less they should be charging.

AC/DC has got it right. They're one of the most affordable tickets on the market right now, and people are still complaining about the prices.

• 2 weeks later...

Concerts to see a name band have stopped being affordable entertainment and all about maximizing profit. To me, the older the band is the less they should be charging.

Totally agree. I've long said people like Paul McCartney, Neil Young, the Stones. They should be charging $25 for tickets to their shows. They don't need the money and they'd still make a profit from that. And the shows would sell out and more people that want to see them could and it would all around help the concert industry. I get why they don't, but charging $200 a ticket is insane. I wouldn't do that for anything, except maybe Led Zeppelin or reunited GNR.

Powerage, I don't think AC/DC is unfair, but to say they are affordable is giving them a little too much credit. They are just a little better than other big names acts. I just looked up Metlife prices and they are $105. Thats not terrible, but its still over $100 a ticket, which is A LOT for a concert, especially of a legacy act that doesn't really need the money. And to top it off, with fees its a whopping $132!! Thats why I'm not going. Thats way too much. You could say, well they're charging cheaper at $65 tickets too. But with fees those also come out to $100. I've seen AC/DC twice. I'm not seeing them again if it means forking over $100, at least, to walk into the building. To me thats not affordable, even though its better than other people. But really, I've paid $150 for a lot of these big names. The Who, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty. Its about the same as AC/DC with the fees.

I'm a gigantic Bruce Springsteen fan. I see him everytime he's in the area. Like you, I say he has fair prices. Usually $105, bumped up to $120 with fees. I still say on the forum I'm on for Bruce that thats WAAAAY too much, but its not a horrible price. The reason I can live with that price when its basically the same as AC/DC is its a different setlist every night, and he plays literally 3 hour shows which is an hour longer than most bands. So I'm paying to see pretty different shows whereas with AC/DC half of the show is always going to be note for note the same thing. Last year, Bruce upped his prices to $120, with fees the tickets were $140. I said nope, thats insane. That $20 increase was where I drew the line, and with fees thats as much as AC/DC is charging now. I'm sorry, but when there are people like Pearl Jam who are just as big as Bruce or AC/DC charging $80, which INCLUDES fee charges, to see them I can't justify the other bands. Even if they are better than their competitors, AC/DC's prices aren't "affordable", Bruce's prices aren't "affordable", the Stones might as well give their tickets to old rich people with white hair because they are the only ones that could swing that. Pearl Jam and Phish, two big names in the concert industry, charge $60 for tickets. THATS affordable and most big name acts should do the same.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

I don't get you guys! Is it really that much? Each of these shows is a once in a lifetime experience. Is that money really worth more than the memories it brings?

Granted, maybe i've got more disposable income than other people. But I'm thinking, if I go out for a restaurant meal and I have 2 drinks with that it's £20 or more. Suddenly it makes £100 for a concert ticket seem perfectly fine, especially if I don't have to travel far for it. A show and the memories it creates is easily worth 5 restaurant meals.

Pearl Jam and Phish, two big names in the concert industry, charge $60 for tickets. THATS affordable and most big name acts should do the same.

I saw Pearl Jam live last year (in the UK) and it was one of the more expensive shows I've seen. I think it was about £80 or £90.

Ticket prices depend on a lot of factors and the artists themselves don't necessarily have the authority to set ticket prices.

I don't get you guys! Is it really that much? Each of these shows is a once in a lifetime experience. Is that money really worth more than the memories it brings?

Granted, maybe i've got more disposable income than other people. But I'm thinking, if I go out for a restaurant meal and I have 2 drinks with that it's £20 or more. Suddenly it makes £100 for a concert ticket seem perfectly fine, especially if I don't have to travel far for it. A show and the memories it creates is easily worth 5 restaurant meals.

Pearl Jam and Phish, two big names in the concert industry, charge $60 for tickets. THATS affordable and most big name acts should do the same.

I saw Pearl Jam live last year (in the UK) and it was one of the more expensive shows I've seen. I think it was about £80 or £90.

Ticket prices depend on a lot of factors and the artists themselves don't necessarily have the authority to set ticket prices.

I can only speak for the concert business in America. I know its different in Europe.

All I can say is as an avid concert fan, I can tell you there is a price and limit I will pay for shows. No, I don't think the memories are worth more than the money I'm spending. Concerts aren't worth $100, at least to me. If I pay more, I'm expecting more, and I don't think thats unreasonable.

I agree that those Pearl Jam prices are expensive for you. I don't know why that is in Europe. All I can say is they would never charge $130, or however much the American equivalent of 80 pounds is here, and they actually do a lot of work of keeping fees down. I think artists have more of a say in that than people think. Cause fee prices are $30 no matter what ticket for AC/DC at Metlife Stadium and I've been to Metlife before and can tell you that has not been the case. People like Pearl Jam and Phish keep those low and there is a way to do that. Why everyone doesn't? I have no idea. But I don't believe its a fixed thing and there aren't many big name artists I can think that shouldn't lower their prices.

How is it? I'm at work

Hopefully better than Jimmy Page's "alternate" selections on some of the LZ reissues

It's very raw. A lot of improvisation - at least from Jagger. It's more just a demo than an alternate take.

It's a lot more interesting at least than the alternate version of Wild Horses that was the exact same take.

Fuck, that was cool

I don't know how old you are but to an adult with family responsibilities,mortgage,car payments etc.yes those are high prices. It doesn't affect me much since I saw many of these bands 20 years ago when they were in their prime. The only way I'll see the Stones or Ac/dc(again,bands I saw 20 years ago and I doubt they've improved) is if I score a cheap ticket on Craigslist the day of the show.

• 2 weeks later...