Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

Damn. Eh oh well, at least I'm seeing one show.

There was an LD drop for Columbus today, so I guess it'll be driven by how well the show is selling (I think San Diego sold pretty well so they probably didn't need to do any additional LD drops). Hopefully that bodes well for my LD's for Columbus that they're having to resort to additional drops :)

How did you find out about that ticket drop? Didn't see anything on Facebook about it.

IORR. Haven't checked at all this evening, but last I checked around 5 PM it was still going - LD's that lasted at least 6 hours. Fuck's sake, Columbus must be selling terribly.

EDIT: I can still pull up LD's right now, over 11 hours after the drop. In the general sale I was able to pull up 15th row on the filed in the center section.

You've got less choices for shows in your neck of the woods too - even Pittsburgh has to be, what, 5 hours away? Indy is the only show I'm going really out of my way for, and that's still only about 8 hours away. Detroit and Columbus are both about 5 and a half, and Buffalo is an hour. I probably wouldn't be doing Columbus or Detroit either if the LD's weren't so cheap.

They did a private show in San Diego last night, they played some guy's wife's birthday party for $2 million. Everyone on IORR is reacting the same way everyone here does when GN'R plays a wedding.

Start Me Up

It's Only Rock N' Roll

You Got Me Rocking

Tumbling Dice

When The Whip Comes Down

I Got The Blues

Crazy Mama

Paint It Black

Midnight Rambler

Miss You

Honky Tonk Women

Sympathy For The Devil

Jumpin' Jack Flash

Brown Sugar

---

Satisfaction

Everyone on IORR is reacting the same way everyone here does when GN'R plays a wedding.

Lol it comes up every now and then IORR (really any band forum) and its always quite funny when it does. I wish them the best but it always seems way too hard to actually get accomplished. Never decide on a location, can't get enough money. Too many obstacles.

Also, I find it so hard to believe it was only 2 million. That just seems so low for the Stones. Why would they waste their time, and it does make you wonder if anyone could hire them for that amount of money.

It makes me sick somehow. It is so antithetical to rock n' roll, selling yourself like a hooker. Nobody is expecting Jagger to start challenging the establishment but jesus, have a bit of pride.

I doubt you would see Neil Young doing stuff like this.

McCartney played a wedding there and the couple wound up divorcing a few years later.

Any entertainer can potentially whore out for any number of reasons but Neil is able to pursue his various passions and interests outside of music and have the tour money and royalties pumped into it.

Edited by dalsh327

It makes me sick somehow. It is so antithetical to rock n' roll, selling yourself like a hooker. Nobody is expecting Jagger to start challenging the establishment but jesus, have a bit of pride.

The Stones were never any kind of danger to the establishment, they just wanted to play music end of the day. I mean have you seen Jagger on that World in Action episode, represented 'da yoof', with Rees Mog and some fuckin' vicar, he don't half chat out of his arse.

Last Stones album worth a wank was Some Girls. Generally a very overrated band.

Shit 2 million to get the Stones to play my birthday party? I should be able to get GnR to play for 500k or less then :lol:

I must be able to get Hermans Hermits for a bag of sweeties then :lol:

McCartney played a wedding there and the couple wound up divorcing a few years later.

Well that certainly inspires confidence :lol:

'Available for weddings, bar mitzvahs, birthdays, divorces'. He could do you a round of 'Yesterdays' at the divorce court. Or You Won't See Me. Or Run for your Life, depending on the grounds for divorce :lol:

• Like 1

The Stones were never any kind of danger to the establishment, they just wanted to play music end of the day. I mean have you seen Jagger on that World in Action episode, represented 'da yoof', with Rees Mog and some fuckin' vicar, he don't half chat out of his arse.

Not sure I agree. The Stones at least were perceived as being a grave threat. This is why the British judiciary tried to put them away on unusually harsh sentences, following the Redlands raid. First sexually, you had Jagger, whipping teenagers into a frenzy by wiggling his bum. Sure, this was all merely recycled Elvis and James Brown but here you had it coming from this androgynous funny looking man, with these big lips. And here Jagger was writing quasi-revolutionary lyrics like Street Fighting Man, Gimmie Shelter and Sweet Black Angel at a time when America was a cauldron of racial and 'Vietnam'-based politics. Jagger was seen as a counter-culture figure, like Lennon and Dylan. And then chuck on that Richards and Jones and the drug culture.

The perception was, the Stones were this horrific dirty louse ridden band who were conducting satanic drug fueled orgies.

It still makes me nauseous. The Stones ended shortly after Exile, at some point in the mid 1970s. These days they are just a massive cash accumulating machine now.

I agree I am outraged!

To make it up to us real fans I think they should play a free concert for the fans at the end of this tour.

Maybe somewhere near San Francisco at a race track or something............ :P

It's just a rehearsal show that you also get two million for. I don't see what the big deal is.

Tacky is the word. High end prostitutes also offer a service for large sums of cash.

Still, why the hell are they touring? The Stones have not put an album out in ten years. They are simply cash grabbing. They have literally nothing to say.

Not sure I agree. The Stones at least were perceived as being a grave threat. This is why the British judiciary tried to put them away on unusually harsh sentences, following the Redlands raid. First sexually, you had Jagger, whipping teenagers into a frenzy by wiggling his bum. Sure, this was all merely recycled Elvis and James Brown but here you had it coming from this androgynous funny looking man, with these big lips. And here Jagger was writing quasi-revolutionary lyrics like Street Fighting Man, Gimmie Shelter and Sweet Black Angel at a time when America was a cauldron of racial and 'Vietnam'-based politics. Jagger was seen as a counter-culture figure, like Lennon and Dylan. And then chuck on that Richards and Jones and the drug culture.

The perception was, the Stones were this horrific dirty louse ridden band who were conducting satanic drug fueled orgies.

What i was trying to say is none of it really amounted to anything substantial except to expose an irrational fear of youth on the part of the British establishment.

It's just a rehearsal show that you also get two million for. I don't see what the big deal is.

Tacky is the word. High end prostitutes also offer a service for large sums of cash.

As do many other professions, from accountants to mechanics. Are they all whores too?

Still, why the hell are they touring? The Stones have not put an album out in ten years. They are simply cash grabbing. They have literally nothing to say.

They tour because they are musicians and it is what they do. They are also still one of the top draws in the concert business so why should they stop?

Listen I understand your anger but let's face it when they are charging over $1000.00 for the best tickets to their shows and people are willing to pay that why should they stop if the demand is still there?

The Stones are my favorite bands by far but I will not pay the exorbitant prices they charge for tickets these days. That is my way to protest but I don't begrudge them the right to charge what they want or so a private show for crazy money.

If it bothers you so much you just don't buy a ticket to their shows. Pretty simple really. :shrugs:

As do many other professions, from accountants to mechanics. Are they all whores too?

They don't position themselves as artists and align themselves with a certain integrity so it's not really applicable as a comparison.