Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

You should have seen The Beatles instead. Len has been saying for a long time that they are much better band!

I have had a few poor seats also. Apparently I saw Dylan in 1997! I remember a blurry figure who may have been Dylan, but then, may have been Lord Lucan for all I know.

Milwaukee

01 - Jumping Jack Flash
02 - Its Only Rock N Roll
03 - Tumbling Dice
04 - Doom and Gloom
05 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
06 - Moonlight Mile
07 - Champagne and Reefer (ft. Buddy Guy)
08 - Heartbreaker (Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo) (song vote)
09 - Honky Tonk Women
10 - Before They Make Me Run
11 - Happy
12 - Midnight Rambler
13 - Miss You
14 - Gimme Shelter
15 - Start Me Up
16 - Sympathy for the Devil
17 - Brown Sugar

ENCORE:
18 - You Can't Always Get What You Want
19 - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Edited by Daedalus

The Sticky Fingers full album performance is now officially released on iTunes! Looks like, if Sweet Summer Sun is any indication, this will get a full release at some point in the future. Unfortunately, I guess this means some will have to buy it twice when its eventually released as a more wide release.

Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh

1. Jumping Jack Flash
2. It’s Only Rock and Roll
3. Let’s Spend the Night Together
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Out of Control
6. Bitch
7. Moonlight Mile
8. Shine a Light (vote winner)
9. Honky Tonk Women
10. Before They Make Me Run
11. Happy
12. Midnight Ramble
13. Miss You
14. Gimme Shelter
15. Start Me Up
16. Sympathy for the Devil
17. Brown Sugar
18. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
19. Satisfaction

Shine A Light is great, and it's nice to see they finally dropped Doom & Gloom (even if it was for Out Of Control).

For any set with the standard Bitch/MM SF set, this is probably the best so far.

Forgot to mention that I'm loving Stick Fingers Live - I've listened to it probably 5 or 6 times already. Every performance is killer, and some I even prefer to the studio versions. I Got The Blues may be my single favorite live track they've ever released, Mick is just incredible in it.

Shine A Light is great, and it's nice to see they finally dropped Doom & Gloom (even if it was for Out Of Control).

For any set with the standard Bitch/MM SF set, this is probably the best so far.

Forgot to mention that I'm loving Stick Fingers Live - I've listened to it probably 5 or 6 times already. Every performance is killer, and some I even prefer to the studio versions. I Got The Blues may be my single favorite live track they've ever released, Mick is just incredible in it.

Also, Milwaukee had a great setlist... Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Moonlight Mile, Heartbreaker, Champagne and Reefer... Much better than European setlists last year.

Oh No Not You Again is probably my favorite post-Wyman song.

I love that song!

Also, Milwaukee had a great setlist... Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Moonlight Mile, Heartbreaker, Champagne and Reefer... Much better than European setlists last year.

Oh No Not You Again is probably my favorite post-Wyman song.

I love that song!
That's why I said the setlists that were the usual Bitch/Moonlight Mile combo. Anything with CYHMK is automatically better IMO ;)

Indy setlist:

1. Jumpin' Jack Flash

2. It's Only Rock N Roll

3. Let's Spend The Night Together

4. Tumbling Dice

5. Out Of Control

6. Let It Bleed (song vote)

7. Wild Horses

8. Bitch

9. Honky Tonk Women

10. Before They Make Me Run

11. Happy

12. Midnight Rambler

13. Miss You

14. Gimme Shelter

15. Start Me Up

16. Sympathy For The Devil

17. Brown Sugar

---

18. You Can't Always Get What You Want

19. Satisfaction

I'll type up a review on the way home tomorrow, but for now I'll say it was one of the coolest atmospheres I've ever seen at a gig.

• Like 1

Indy gig was really amazing. Estimated attendance was 55,000 - far below the 100,000 capacity, but everyone agrees it was a very strong attendance for Indy. It was actually a great venue as far as festival-style venues go, plus my parents have always been huge into racing so it was a special venue personally too. We were on the second barrier, far off on Keef's side. It actually worked out great, because for the post-show fireworks display there was a lot you wouldn't have been able to see if you were even remotely centered.

The band was excellent last night, again one of the best shows I've seen performance wise. I'm a little disappointed to have gotten Wild Horses and Bitch as the SF songs AGAIN, but I can understand it last night since it was more of a casual crowd, and the hits probably work best in Fourth Of July. I'm so glad (And pretty surprised, honestly) that Let It Bleed won the song vote - definitely the highlight of the night. Out Of Control was good too, much better than it was in Rome. Midnight Rambler was exceptional last night - it was the most "out there" I've seen them get with the jam section too, Charlie was significantly busier on the drums than usual. Mick cracked a few good jokes throughout the night, the best being "We wanted to bring T Brady on stage to help us with this next song, but we thought it might be a bit deflating" :lol: Keith tripped running back up the runway during Miss You and took a pretty nasty fall. The choir on YCAGWYW really sucked last night - their voices didn't blend at all and it really brought the song down.

Not everything ran smoothly yesterday - they were sold out of BOTH event shirts by about 4:30 (Gates opened at 4), luckily we were early enough to still get ours. They numbered the wrong lithographs yesterday - they numbered the promo style with the checkered flag tongue and openers on a black background instead of the artwork litho. I'm really pissed about that one because now I can't get a complete set of numbered artwork lithos from my gigs. Traffic was a nightmare getting out too. It ONLY took us an hour and a half to get moving after the gig, but I've read horror stories of people that were in gridlock for over 4 hours.

There was a huge fireworks display after the gig - over 10,000 fireworks in just 19 minutes. I've read that it was the biggest display anywhere in the US yesterday. Speaking of fireworks, they were going off all over the place during the gig, at one point I counted 9 different fireworks displays all going on at the same time! We went to the show with some of our Maiden friends who had never seen the Stones before, they all loved the show.

Can't wait for Detroit on Wednesday!

No soundboards or proshots, other than the official Sticky Fingers Live release (Which is fucking amazing).

Zoso - we should try to get our LD's at the exact same time; if it's anything like Columbus, if we go through line one after the other we'll end up sitting together.