Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I know, I was suprised he said that.  I'd like it all accoustic too.

Absolutely. The blues usually works even better for older artists. It adds a certain level of credibility and experience and all. There's a lot of good young blues guys out there, but it just works better stripped down to an acoustic guitar and an old weathered voice. Keith of all people should know that. 

Edited by username

34 minutes ago, username said:

Absolutely. The blues usually works even better for older artists. It adds a certain level of credibility and experience and all. There's a lot of good young blues guys out there, but it just works better stripped down to an acoustic guitar and an old weathered voice. Keith of all people should know that. 

The little clips of him out there picking out blues on the accoustic are fuckin' beautiful, i dunno what he's talking about, the mad old cunt, he sounds great at it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Something cool is on the way - "December 1st sees the release of The Rolling Stones ‘On Air’, an album full of BBC recordings from the 1960’s which offers a unique insight into the formative days of the band."

http://www.rollingstones.com/2017/10/06/pre-order-the-rolling-stones-on-air-album/

Could be very interesting! I'm definitely going to give this a good listen. ^_^ 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Somehow the Sticky Fingers Live Blu Ray slipped under my radar when it was announced/released. Picked it up the other day though. Man, this is a killer Stones concert film. I'm tempted to say this is my favorite they've released. Gorgeous cinematography (And let's be honest - all Stones concert films have that, every one is like watching a goddamn Oscar-worthy film), it's a great performance, and it's great seeing them play an intimate venue. I loved Havana Moon, and I always had a soft spot for the Austin concert on The Biggest Bang, but this one is really excellent. 

• Like 1

my favorite stones album has to be Exile. whenever i have a free day and i'm home alone, exile is the one i'm cranking out, on shuffle. the record never seems to end and it's classic after classic. to me, it's the stones' appetite. it showcases everything the band is capable of, and never did it better.

• 5 weeks later...

So I am a huge Stones fan and my favorite tour of all time is the 1969 American Tour that spawned the "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out" live album...........

I have been trying to collect ticket stubs from that tour for years now  and have  stubs from  2 of the 3  November 27th and 28th (late show) NYC MSG shows, and stubs from Detroit, Philly and a Boston Stub so far...

I have always wanted a complete ticket and they rarely come up for sale so when 3 complete tickets went up for bids on ebay I thought I would give it a shot and bid on all three, Phoenix, Baltimore and Boston.

The Phoenix and Baltimore tickets went for $361 and $261 respectively but I got lucky and won the Boston ticket for what I felt was  a reasonable price for what it is..........

Boston_Stones69.jpg

So I was doing some Google seaches for 1969 Stones tickets and much to my surprise this Youtube video popped up which shows the 3 tickets that I bid on...the Phoenix ticket has a cool story about it being connected to Jim Morrison of the Doors but I really wanted that Baltimore ticket as one of the songs on "Get Yer Ya Ya's" is from that concert but it was too rich for my blood.........anyway thought you Stones fans might enjoy the story............

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Have any of you guys listened to the Satanic Sessions boxset? It's interesting to hear all the studio chatter. Even though Keith claims to be only a blues guy he's the one leading the sessions and directing the others. Also, each song has like, dozens of takes. It's really the only unfiltered "behind the scenes" stuff of the Stones building songs (One Plus One, being in front of cameras, is softened as such). 

Keith (to Charlie Watts): "We'll, we'll you knock me in then. What I mean, just guess it. I mean just come in when it feels good. You know, just, just let me know when your gonna come in. That's all. Not much of a decision... What the fuck do you think I do. No, where's Brian?"

7. The Lantern: Take 10 (1:32) - An organ sound is added to this take, but its role in the musical arrangement is yet to be determined, and things are put to end quickly as Charlie misses a beat.

"Eleven"
Keith:"Your one late Charlie"
Charlie: "Yeah"
Keith: "Also ahh, Nicky"
Nicky: "Yeah"
Keith: "Can you ba...?"
Keith: "Okay, one, two, one, two, three, four..."

3. Gold Painted Nails Take 3-4 (2:34) - Take 3 never even clears the organ introduction.
Keith: Charlie should be in there earlier, yeah, yeah

Four
Keith: Nicky...

Just the keyboard introduction and into the acoustic guitar section and then take 4 is called off. 

Engineer: Ooh, one more
Keith: Okay, I can't hit it all that much harder than that actually, not on that...
Guitar strumming. About three bars
Keith: Drumming - Hold it Charlie
Drum beats...
Keith: Nicky in after, two of those (drum beats/bars)

5. Gold Painted Nails Takes 10-11 (2:36) - Drum beats and Brian Jones on harp. Take ten gets to the first instrumental bridge and then some. Brian gets out of sync with one of the instrumental bridges and...

Keith: No, no. It's got to be clean there.
Keith: Two. One, two, three

Short drum beat take.

Jagger (?): Try it there.
Brian Jones: It's a very. I'm bending that one from up there. It's very difficult. I've got to, to get the note.
Keith: Just come in on the long one then. Just do the one note.
Jagger (?): Right
Keith: One, two. One, two, three

Edited by Fashionista

• 2 months later...

London gig last night was excellent. Really cool to see them in their hometown - they were really on, and everyone seemed to be in a great mood! I got four songs I'd never seen before, and Fool To Cry was totally out of left field. 

18 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

London gig last night was excellent. Really cool to see them in their hometown - they were really on, and everyone seemed to be in a great mood! I got four songs I'd never seen before, and Fool To Cry was totally out of left field. 

Awesome! I would totally see them again. Still one of my all tine favorite live acts

• GNFNR 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2018-02-26 at 9:57 AM, DieselDaisy said:

MAY 17TH DUBLIN

MAY 22ND LONDON

JUNE 5TH MANCHESTER

JUNE 9TH EDINBURGH

JUNE 15TH CARDIFF

JUNE 19TH TWICKENHAM

I did 

Dublin May 17

London May 22

London May 25

Southampton May 29

Coventry June 2

They were excellent every show, still the worlds greatest rock n roll band.... 

• 5 months later...