Rolling Stones Eternal Touring Thread

Zint

I’m really looking forward to the gigs next year. The gigs in Ireland & the UK this year were brilliant. I’ve been listening to a lot of bootlegs from the Exile tour in 72. Mick Taylor and Keef were without doubt the best guitar partnership the Stones have had. 

Ive warmed slightly to Ronnie as the years have gone by.  😂

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

New compilation coming April 19, titled Honk. A few different formats, one of which has a bonus disc with 10 live tracks recorded the last couple years, including four with guest artists. 

Dancing With Mr D is from the Gelredome in Arnhem in 2017. I was at that gig, so now I HAVE to buy the deluxe edition of a compilation that I otherwise don't really want. <_<  

58 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They played the 100 Club i think it was, a few years back, was gonna splash out a shitload to go see em but I just fuckin' bottled it thinkin' fuck that its too much money...I'd probably cough it up now to see em in a club setting.

I'd sell a kidney for that. And some other non-essential bodyparts if I had to. 

10 hours ago, username said:

Dancing With Mr D is from the Gelredome in Arnhem in 2017. I was at that gig, so now I HAVE to buy the deluxe edition of a compilation that I otherwise don't really want. <_<  

Where’d you find a list of where every song is from? I’ve been looking and haven’t been able to find one. 

EDIT: Found it - Under My Thumb is from the London gig I was at last year :D

Get Off My Cloud - Cardiff, Wales 15 Jun, 2018

Dancing With Mr D - Arnhem, Netherlands 15 Oct, 2017

Beast Of Burden (w/ Ed Sheerhan) - Kansas City, MO 27 Jun, 2015

She’s A Rainbow - Paris, France 25 Oct, 2017

Wild Horses (w/ Florence Welch) - London, England 25 May, 2018

Let’s Spend The Night Together - Manchester, England 5 Jun, 2018

Dead Flowers (w/ Brad Paisley) - Philadelphia, PA 18 Jun, 2013

Shine A Light - Amsterdam, Netherlands 30 Sep, 2017

Under My Thumb - London, England 22 May, 2018

Bitch (w/ Dave Grohl) - Anaheim, CA 18 May, 2013

@Black Sabbath - weren’t you at that Philly show? Or were you are the other one?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the deal is with Mick? They say he should fully recover, so that sounds positive anyway...

I was at the KC show for that Beast of Burden performance... I also heard them play that at soundcheck from the parking lot! For some reason I remember that vividly, but not the actual song during the show... a dozen big beers maybe? :lol: Guess I’ll have to buy that one...

14 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Well, guess I don't have to worry about Stones tickets anymore, at least for probably the rest of this year.

Unfortunately for those who planned and of course the band, but hopefully whatever it is that got Mick down is something he can get over and get back next year.

It's not confirmed that the tour is postponed until next year, is it? I've seen a couple other suggestions that it will be next year, but nothing official. 

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

It's not confirmed that the tour is postponed until next year, is it? I've seen a couple other suggestions that it will be next year, but nothing official. 

Nothing is confirmed at all but the postponing itself.

I had tickets to fly up to Seattle and see them. I'm probably gonna lose my flight funds. Oh well.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

No, but I’m just assuming based upon venues. Unless they shoot for late summer / early fall, I don’t see them trying a stadium tour in the winter, so that’s why I’m assuming it’ll be for next summer.

1 hour ago, Black Sabbath said:

No, but I’m just assuming based upon venues. Unless they shoot for late summer / early fall, I don’t see them trying a stadium tour in the winter, so that’s why I’m assuming it’ll be for next summer.

If it's nothing too serious, they could push back a couple months only and then the May dates would end up in July or so. We'll see I guess. But if it gets pushed to next year, that's bullshit. That's a cancellation not a postponement.

• GNFNR 1