The LAX incident

Carburetta

Does any one else think this was just a classic Axl moment and a throw back to the old days? I mean attacking a photographer, at an airport no less, the day before they were to begin a major tour, it's up there with the best Axl incidents IMO. The whole thing was pretty bad ass.

Plus he uttered (shouted) the immortal line "he hit my mother!!" LOL :)

No mother in sight in case that needs to be explained for anyone.

I've been reminded about it as the shot of him at the airport as been in a couple of threads lately.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was funny for all the wrong reasons.

"HE hit our MOTHER."

Then you realise he's referring to Beta, his former girlfriends nanny, who is only a couple of years older than him.

Axl being "restrained" by a dwarf and a stick thin girl.

Axl hitting that guy like Edward Norton slapping Brad Pitt in the ear in Fight Club. I've seen schoolgirls that can punch better.

The whole thing was pretty bad ass.

I suppose when I was 14 I would have thought it was bad ass.

But as an adult, it just seems pretty childish.

Suckerpunching a photographer in an airport and then running off.....ya, that just screams bad ass.

Only on this forum would people thing this was a positive moment for Axl.

Does any one else think this was just a classic Axl moment and a throw back to the old days? I mean attacking a photographer, at an airport no less, the day before they were to begin a major tour, it's up there with the best Axl incidents IMO. The whole thing was pretty bad ass.

Plus he uttered (shouted) the immortal line "he hit my mother!!" LOL :)

No mother in sight in case that needs to be explained for anyone.

I've been reminded about it as the shot of him at the airport as been in a couple of threads lately.

I'm sure Axl is glad he could entertain you with shit that he doesn't need.

Not that I support violence or anything. But how can it not be a good thing when the singer of your favorite band knocks down a lowlife paparazzi?!

And all these people in here who needs attention so badly that they post things that didn't even happen: Yeah, he "ran off" afterwards.

Go somewhere else if you dislike him so much.

LAX incident = Totally staged for publicity for the tour. The first time he's seen in like 2 years and he's hitting a photog? Really? If you believe that, I've got a little bridge in Brooklyn one of you can buy---

The fact that that photographer didn't file any charges is a dead giveaway that that was all planned. That situation is a paparazzo's wet dream of $$$$$ and if the photog wasn't in on it then he's an absolute idiot for not filing charges. And I'm actually not talking shit about it. It's a fine way to generate some PR cuz it was all over the internet for a few days and everybody who saw it knew there was a tour starting. Just see it for what it was.

When you're 23, it's maybe a little badass to punch somebody if needed. When you're 50 and a rich rock star, it's maybe why you have bodyguards. And Fernando doesn't count!

Edited by scans n' copies

I thought the funny part was Beta swinging her handbag at someone just as Axl was heading over there. Often us women will say "I'll hit you with my handbag" and she actually did. If that was mine it would have knocked the person out!!

Is that Vanessa or Sasha who comes over to him & says something right before he turns & heads over there? I've always thought it was Vanessa.

The guy in the hat at the end who turns around to the person who got it on film and just says "shit" summed the whole incident up for everyone, he cracks me up as he seems like he doesn't believe what he just saw.

I do wonder what Axl thinks of these incidents - however the ebay guys he flips out on isn't that bad, they banned me for complaining that their behaviour stops the real fans getting photos & autographs. Doubt it was staged but he could have toned down his language in a public place with small kids around, the person who got it on film didn't expect to get that as you can hear someone saying "it's Axl Rose" so they've probably just started filming him which is why it's not great quality. Would be interesting to find the person who did film it to ask them about exactly what was going on, as far as I can see Beta was nowhere near the guy Axl hit. Plus that is pretty dangerous, that photographer could have hit his head & had a seizure or been knocked out which is rather foolish of Axl to go punching someone in the head like that. We have a campaign in Australia called One Punch Can Kill - that would be the end of Axl's career for sure.

I like Axl's anger here

I thought the whole LAX scene was a little embarrassing tbh

Bella you can understand in this video why he got angry, all you can hear is Axl Axl Axl & rather than people asking for him to sign they are just shoving things left right and centre in front of him rudely & he's trying to sign quickly until he seems to have been overwhelmed with everything in front of him. He seemed to know they were going to sell his autograph especially on a guitar, he tweeted about it later.

After awhile, I guess Axl just had it. You don't realize the shit these guys pull and if you're tired and just want to get home, they can push your buttons big time. I'm sorry, but most of these jerks know, Axl isn't a pussy and if you push him, he'll push back. I would do the same thing. Older or wiser or whatever, some people don't know when to quit and the need to be taught a lesson in manners.