The LAX incident

Carburetta

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope the above works, had trouble trying to get it on. This shows what Axl & his entourage have to put up with in every country, every hotel they leave & everywhere they go. How sick of this would you get especially when you're tired after a show or travelling?

After awhile, I guess Axl just had it. You don't realize the shit these guys pull and if you're tired and just want to get home, they can push your buttons big time. I'm sorry, but most of these jerks know, Axl isn't a pussy and if you push him, he'll push back. I would do the same thing. Older or wiser or whatever, some people don't know when to quit and the need to be taught a lesson in manners.

You sound like just as much of a bad ass as your hero Axl is.

How many people have you punched because they bumped into a family member at the airport (or mall, store, etc)?

Adults can "teach lessons in manners" with their words. Children, spoiled immature egomaniacs, and those with lower IQs have to use physical violence to get their point across. Which one of those descriptions do you fall under?

After awhile, I guess Axl just had it. You don't realize the shit these guys pull and if you're tired and just want to get home, they can push your buttons big time. I'm sorry, but most of these jerks know, Axl isn't a pussy and if you push him, he'll push back. I would do the same thing. Older or wiser or whatever, some people don't know when to quit and the need to be taught a lesson in manners.

How many people have you punched because they bumped into a family member at the airport (or mall, store, etc)?

Adults can "teach lessons in manners" with their words. Children, spoiled immature egomaniacs, and those with lower IQs have to use physical violence to get their point across. Which one of those descriptions do you fall under?

Val22 doesn't have people crowding them at every airport, trying to get photos with them, trying to get autographs, can go shopping completely unhindered & get to the car & go home without crowds pushing & shoving & yelling at them. That's the point, what he goes through is completely different to our lives where we are free to go wherever we chose without hassle.

How would you feel if people crowded around your wife and children everywhere you went, taking photos of them for the internet until it came to the point that she felt she couldn't go out or take the children even to the park to play? Would your attitude change? He certainly did the wrong thing by using his fists but that's the way he grew up, unlike us who had normal lives.

The photog was pushing beta to get a pic of Axl. He didnt press charges bcos he could be charged with assault. It was awesome whwn he hit the stage for chi dem though. The braids had gone Axl was back.

That was the footage of the Osaka concert? Yes his hair looked great then, he looked great & although it's not great footage he sounded good enough for what you get. I love this look on him & wish he'd just left it like that.

The photog was pushing beta to get a pic of Axl. He didnt press charges bcos he could be charged with assault. It was awesome whwn he hit the stage for chi dem though. The braids had gone Axl was back.

That was the footage of the Osaka concert? Yes his hair looked great then, he looked great & although it's not great footage he sounded good enough for what you get. I love this look on him & wish he'd just left it like that.

And almost as quickly as he came back he was gone again.

I was at the Taipei show and his voice was fine. Ididnt noticed anything apart from him fiddling with the mic on ITW.

Check out Chi dem on youtube at Taipei. Feel the awesomeness.

I know, there was feedback on the "cos now you've got the best of me" - I know it by heart and the audience singing that line as he tried to stop the feedback. Or that was at the Osaka concert - I'll check up on the Taipei show. I don't know what it is about him that brings out the best & worst in people.

How did you manage the Taipei show, were you living there at the time? I've been to the airport on a stopover from Hong Kong to Japan but can't claim to have actually been there.

Val22 doesn't have people crowding them at every airport, trying to get photos with them, trying to get autographs, can go shopping completely unhindered & get to the car & go home without crowds pushing & shoving & yelling at them. That's the point, what he goes through is completely different to our lives where we are free to go wherever we chose without hassle.

How would you feel if people crowded around your wife and children everywhere you went, taking photos of them for the internet until it came to the point that she felt she couldn't go out or take the children even to the park to play? Would your attitude change? He certainly did the wrong thing by using his fists but that's the way he grew up, unlike us who had normal lives.

How would I feel? I would have known that was going to happen when I decided to front a rock n roll band. Once we started becoming successful and making MILLIONS of dollars, I would have realized it was part of the gig.

If I didn't want to be bothered by fans wanting my autograph and photographers wanting my picture then I wouldn't get into an industry where that happens.

And we would be able to take our children to the park to play. Would my attitude change? No, it would just be different from Axl's, Val22 and yours. You ever notice that it's always the same "celebrities" that are fighting with the papparazzi and with fans? The Sean Penns and Axl Roses of the world. The celebs that are friendly and stop for a few pictures, chat with them and then go on their way get a totally different reaction from guys like Axl and Sean.

Try this on for size.

"Hi guys. We're trying to go to the park to play, so I'll give you a few minutes to take as many pictures as you can, I'll answer as many questions as I can. But then let us go to the park and play in peace. And next time we're out - we'll do the same thing."

or

"Get the f*ck away from me." And then throw a punch or two.

You think both of those people are going to get treated the same way by the fans/press? Like I said. There is a reason that you see a certain small portion of celebs always in the news for reacting violently to fans and the media. And there is a reason you never hear about others doing the same thing.

Also most people don't base their opinions on how a situation effects Axl Rose, like you and Val do. We are able to formulate opinions that aren't catered to thinking that Axl Rose is always right and a God, and everybody else is just out to get him.

How would I feel? I would have known that was going to happen when I decided to front a rock n roll band. Once we started becoming successful and making MILLIONS of dollars, I would have realized it was part of the gig.

If I didn't want to be bothered by fans wanting my autograph and photographers wanting my picture then I wouldn't get into an industry where that happens.

And we would be able to take our children to the park to play. Would my attitude change? No, it would just be different from Axl's, Val22 and yours. You ever notice that it's always the same "celebrities" that are fighting with the papparazzi and with fans? The Sean Penns and Axl Roses of the world. The celebs that are friendly and stop for a few pictures, chat with them and then go on their way get a totally different reaction from guys like Axl and Sean.

Try this on for size.

"Hi guys. We're trying to go to the park to play, so I'll give you a few minutes to take as many pictures as you can, I'll answer as many questions as I can. But then let us go to the park and play in peace. And next time we're out - we'll do the same thing."

or

"Get the f*ck away from me." And then throw a punch or two.

You think both of those people are going to get treated the same way by the fans/press? Like I said. There is a reason that you see a certain small portion of celebs always in the news for reacting violently to fans and the media. And there is a reason you never hear about others doing the same thing.

Also most people don't base their opinions on how a situation effects Axl Rose, like you and Val do. We are able to formulate opinions that aren't catered to thinking that Axl Rose is always right and a God, and everybody else is just out to get him.

I don't know anything about Sean Penn so can't comment on what happened with him, however Axl does stop for photos & autographs when leaving airports & hotels, even in Brisbane when he stopped for photos until the others had to come & get him as they had a concert to get to.

I don't know that everyone who wants to be a rock star really has a clue just how big & popular they can become. They want to sing & entertain but the reality of what their lives will be like doesn't hit them due to being young & naive.

Please show me where I said Axl is a God & is always right. I said he did the wrong thing at LAX & pointed out how dangerous that could have been hitting someone like that. I'm not a young teen who thinks pop stars are God any more, I'm way past the idolising of rock stars but I do see the reality that 25yrs ago he didn't envisage being as famous world wide as he became. The way you speak to people on this forum at times I don't see you as being as polite taking your family to the park as a famous person in the world as you say you would be somehow.

People who want to get into the entertainment industry know (and want) to become as well known as possible. Axl has stated in past interviews that he knew he would be huge, dreamed of it and worked hard to achieve it. To say that people are caught off guard by the paparazzi and everything that comes with choosing that life is laughable and absurd. That's like saying, "I want to be an accountant" and being surprised that you have to work with numbers. It's just silly.

You're right in the sense that it's a shock to the system surely, but the people here who are acting like it's one big surprise are just being silly. I'm sure no one who becomes famous has seen tabloids or entertainment shows or knows photographers follow famous people around. It comes with the package.

They probably had a vague idea but the 1980's was a different era. We know these days thanks to the internet and 24hr media exactly what the life of a celeb is like even the minor ones. Where did you realistically get that information back then? I know they lived in LA and will have seen people like MJ being mobbed at airports but who thinks they are ever going to get that big?

Even without the Internet they would still have an idea. There were still magazines and newspapers. Paparazzi have been an issue since the Liz Taylor days so it's not a new thing by any means.

Was Elizabeth Taylor hassled as much as this though? Did singers of those days have crowds of fans & photographers & media clammering to get photos taken with them & autographs to the extent it is now?

Maybe they did as Frank Sinatra called the Australian journalists "whores" or something to that extent & caused an uproar at the time.

Plus has Axl really done any harm with crowds apart from LAX? He either is raced to the vehicle by a bodyguard or he stops to autograph and take photos, what other incidents has he gone off at the people who stay to see him? That's not including the anger with the ebayers.

Yes she was, more so even. Yes singers back then had crowds of people clamoring for pictures and autographs.

Yes there have been other run ins with photogs, reporters and others. You're new to the GNR world if I remember right but come on. As much as I'm sure you'd like to believe otherwise people aren't pulling these incidents out of their asses.

Yes she was, more so even. Yes singers back then had crowds of people clamoring for pictures and autographs.

Yes there have been other run ins with photogs, reporters and others. You're new to the GNR world if I remember right but come on. As much as I'm sure you'd like to believe otherwise people aren't pulling these incidents out of their asses.

You are right, I am fairly new so I wasn't aware of Axl's behaviour over the years. I discovered it all at once as I went through the years I hadn't thought about them.

I do recall he wrecked a camera but there's no footage of that lucky for him. I honestly haven't seen any major incidences apart from LAX which I think was denied before they knew it had been filmed? Oh I remember he was arrested after yelling at airport staff about checking his luggage, I'm just interested what other things he's done as so far (fingers crossed) he's been fairly good with being filmed etc. I know he didn't get a reputation for nothing, he certainly fires up when he loses his temper & I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that temper for sure.