The LAX incident

Carburetta

They probably had a vague idea but the 1980's was a different era. We know these days thanks to the internet and 24hr media exactly what the life of a celeb is like even the minor ones. Where did you realistically get that information back then? I know they lived in LA and will have seen people like MJ being mobbed at airports but who thinks they are ever going to get that big?

Some of that was staged through fan clubs and management. Part of it was for the video crew, so when they played that footage at concerts, it was like they were swarming the next messiah.

It def. existed in the 80s, but it wasn't constant the way it's become. The media can easily move on to someone else when the public gets bored or tired with it.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do recall he wrecked a camera but there's no footage of that lucky for him.

You mean this footage?

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=XapYEnSFHOA&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXapYEnSFHOA%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Yes but that is so bad you mainly see the man in blue, would that stand up in court?

OK got a better look at it, what country was that & what year as I can't read the red writing.

I notice it made the news, did many of his antics make the news like this? He was pretty crazy doing that but then again that's what he's best known for, being crazy.

Edited by rock4eva

Chile. Trust the people who have been fans for awhile that these things weren't as few and far between as some like to remember. Or don't trust us and do your own research.

No I trust what you say Daria, not doubting you at all. I hope it doesn't come across like that as seeing the concert anger makes it obvious he had a lot of problems in his younger years.

I was just wanting to compare then to now, do you think he has settled down any in his later years and controls himself a lot better? I wonder what made him go off like that when he was in no danger as far as we can see, he was definitely the bull and everyone who got in his way were the red rags.

Maybe that's why he doesn't do the meet & greets or go to the after show party, it helps to keep him out of situations where someone could set him off if he still has as bad a temper as he had back then.

Edited by rock4eva

Chile. Trust the people who have been fans for awhile that these things weren't as few and far between as some like to remember. Or don't trust us and do your own research.

No I trust what you say Daria, not doubting you at all. I hope it doesn't come across like that as seeing the concert anger makes it obvious he had a lot of problems in his younger years.

I was just wanting to compare then to now, do you think he has settled down any in his later years and controls himself a lot better? I wonder what made him go off like that when he was in no danger as far as we can see, he was definitely the bull and everyone who got in his way were the red rags.

Maybe that's why he doesn't do the meet & greets or go to the after show party, it helps to keep him out of situations where someone could set him off if he still has as bad a temper as he had back then.

I think the band had said Chile was a pretty insane time. To me,the hotel shouldn't have let the camera crew in, and he's just seeing people in his way and feeling like security is lax. That's the last thing anyone needs when you are the news at that time. I've heard other musicians talk about that kind of craziness they went through, and it's part fun/part scary because it also means you're a high profile target.

But having the rep as a "bad boy" also makes you a target, someone's going to want the bragging rights to kicking Axl Rose's ass the same way someone's going to get at Chris Brown at some point and knock him out.

I like Axl's anger here

I thought the whole LAX scene was a little embarrassing tbh

See, this was excellent. He can be very intimidating without throwing tantrums.

How is telling fans to get the fuck out of his way excellent? It's disrespectful to the people who put you there to begin with.

I like Axl's anger here

How is telling fans to get the fuck out of his way excellent? It's disrespectful to the people who put you there to begin with.

They weren't fans, they were ebayers who were thrusting things in front of him to sign as quickly as they could including a guitar. Fans don't shove a guitar in his face expecting him to just sign it, fans usually ask for a photo with him as you see him nod & they ask for his autograph instead of doing what these people were doing. None of these so called "fans" wanted a photo with him, they just shouted his name to sign. Big difference.

Ah the Chile concert video. You can totally see someone spit on him. So gross. I will never understand paying for a ticket and then doing stupid shit like throwing things and causing problems.

I've got this footage Dariablue and it is gross, spitting is one of the grosest (sp) acts on another person. It didn't get the person recognition, in fact I haven't seen anybody bragging that they were the one to get thrown out of a particular concert. I would have wanted to go change shirts, yuk!!

On a lighter note I like the interpreter they had, she was cute. I believe she was an actress as I looked her up & she was playing a waitress in maybe Seinfeld?

I like Axl's anger here

Those aren't fans. They get Axl's autograph on various GN'R related items and sell them on Ebay with ridiculously marked up prices to make a profit.

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/172036569274916864

People who want to get into the entertainment industry know (and want) to become as well known as possible. Axl has stated in past interviews that he knew he would be huge, dreamed of it and worked hard to achieve it. To say that people are caught off guard by the paparazzi and everything that comes with choosing that life is laughable and absurd. That's like saying, "I want to be an accountant" and being surprised that you have to work with numbers. It's just silly.

That is exactly it. Proving once again that you are one of the most logical and intelligent people on this forum.

Rock4eva. You consistently praise almost everything Axl does on here.

But as for your actual point about me.

I would go to the park with my family all the time, without any "incidents" with the press. You would never see me screaming at fans, fighting hotel security, or suckerpunching people in airports. I would treat them with respect, as well as tolerate the jerkoffs........as I would know that in my professional, they were part of the "deal." When some idiot photographer was taking my picture, I guess the knowledge of knowing I had 25 million dollars in the band, millions of people love me would overcome the need to want to punch some guy making $15 an hour wanting my picture.

Like I said.........when I took the family the park I would simply "work" with the photographs that were taking my picture.

"OK fellas, you've got five minutes to shoot away and ask questions. After that, please let my family and I go enjoy our visit to the park." And you know what? The majority of these guys aren't pure animals, they are normal human beings out trying to make a living. Yes, a lot of them might be jerks. But if you treat them with some respect, give them a few minutes of your time then the majority of them will treat you the same way. AND, the good ones will help regulate the bad ones.

Dalsh.........Axl doesn't have to worry about that anymore though, now that he has DJ to help kick ass on anybody who messes with him!

Edited by Groghan

I like Axl's anger here

Those aren't fans. They get Axl's autograph on various GN'R related items and sell them on Ebay with ridiculously marked up prices to make a profit.

https://twitter.com/axlrose/status/172036569274916864

I don't knock Axl for his response. They were shining that cell phone right in front of his face, engulfing him, shoving their articles right in front of him. Maybe he had a dinner appointment... maybe he had a meeting. It seemed kinda late. I think his response was human.

People who want to get into the entertainment industry know (and want) to become as well known as possible. Axl has stated in past interviews that he knew he would be huge, dreamed of it and worked hard to achieve it. To say that people are caught off guard by the paparazzi and everything that comes with choosing that life is laughable and absurd. That's like saying, "I want to be an accountant" and being surprised that you have to work with numbers. It's just silly.

That is exactly it. Proving once again that you are one of the most logical and intelligent people on this forum.

I would go to the park with my family all the time, without any "incidents" with the press. You would never see me screaming at fans, fighting hotel security, or suckerpunching people in airports. I would treat them with respect, as well as tolerate the jerkoffs........as I would know that in my professional, they were part of the "deal." When some idiot photographer was taking my picture, I guess the knowledge of knowing I had 25 million dollars in the band, millions of people love me would overcome the need to want to punch some guy making $15 an hour wanting my picture.

Like I said.........when I took the family the park I would simply "work" with the photographs that were taking my picture.

"OK fellas, you've got five minutes to shoot away and ask questions. After that, please let my family and I go enjoy our visit to the park." And you know what? The majority of these guys aren't pure animals, they are normal human beings out trying to make a living. Yes, a lot of them might be jerks. But if you treat them with some respect, give them a few minutes of your time then the majority of them will treat you the same way. AND, the good ones will help regulate the bad ones.

Dalsh.........Axl doesn't have to worry about that anymore though, now that he has DJ to help kick ass on anybody who messes with him!

So you would be going to the park with your family, but would give five minutes of your time up to some piece of shit reporter? You do realize that's five minutes you are never getting back, that could be spent with your family? I'd say "fuck off" is the correct response. You guys are right celebrities should know the "deal" but the reporters/paparazzi have one of their own, some people don't want to talk, take pictures, or sign fucking autographs. Free country.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

Groghan I do not praise almost everything Axl does, in many instances I think he acted irresponsibly and even dangerously.

What makes me laugh is you saying that you would tolerate the press with respect. Yet I see your responses to people who are rude to you are far from respectful, I can only imagine you treating the press with the same "words" and "phrases" you use to treat those who upset you on here.

I'm sure DJ made a bigger deal out of it than it really was. I guess it was his bonding moment with Axl or something.

I think part of the problem is when cameras become a constant presence and just want to be left alone. There's times that you can hear the guy behind the camera pushing buttons, but in a way, Howard Stern started that whole thing of disrespecting celebrities (Letterman had also been known to do it, too). Bumblefoot's good friends with Gary Garver, and he was doing that for Howard for years, until they had a falling out. Garver wasn't paparazzi, he's more of a radio personality/producer, but he took his share of bruises and bumps from celebs.

But this is worse

People pay to watch that shit.. omg..

This was way more douchier. All she did was throw back the water bottle he threw. He did apologize later.

If you're talking about the DJ & Axl bashing a drunken man who later had photos taken with them, does anyone believe this even happened or that DJ even said this? We've not had any proof this ever happened and nobody has come forward with a story to tell and photos. It either wasn't said or DJ was just ....... well I don't know ........ making it up for some unknown reason. Maybe he dreamt it and thought it really happened.

If you're talking about the DJ & Axl bashing a drunken man who later had photos taken with them, does anyone believe this even happened or that DJ even said this? We've not had any proof this ever happened and nobody has come forward with a story to tell and photos. It either wasn't said or DJ was just ....... well I don't know ........ making it up for some unknown reason. Maybe he dreamt it and thought it really happened.

I think they just have a rule to keep the cameras away when the drinks are flowing. A lot of people don't like getting their picture taken when they've been drinking a lot.

I'm sure DJ made a bigger deal out of it than it really was. I guess it was his bonding moment with Axl or something.

I think part of the problem is when cameras become a constant presence and just want to be left alone. There's times that you can hear the guy behind the camera pushing buttons, but in a way, Howard Stern started that whole thing of disrespecting celebrities (Letterman had also been known to do it, too). Bumblefoot's good friends with Gary Garver, and he was doing that for Howard for years, until they had a falling out. Garver wasn't paparazzi, he's more of a radio personality/producer, but he took his share of bruises and bumps from celebs.

>

But this is worse

People pay to watch that shit.. omg..

This was way more douchier. All she did was throw back the water bottle he threw. He did apologize later.

Damn, what an asshole.