The 'Last time you heard a GN'R song played during a TV show' thread..

vaida

Parks and Recreation had an episode this season that featured three Indiana celebrity lookalikes: Orville Rodenbacher, Axl Rose, Latoya Jackson and David Letterman :D

Love Parks...best comedy on right now! besides Louie or Sunny on FX maybe...

Not sure about t.v., but I heard Patience in a McDonald's the other day.

Yeah, heard "Don't Cry" in IKEA rock4 - I was pretty surprised...

I'm not sure what to call the style of music, but imagine being in a shop, a film/music shop to be precise, and they tend to play hyped up music, i can only describe as rock/pop/dance/drum'n'bass. Last week such a tune was playing, and the song appeared to contain a section from Welcome to the Jungle, it sound like it had been sampled from the album, although the vocals were by who ever was behind the rock/pop/dance song. Maybe some one here knows the name of the band, and the genre.

..and I thought: I wonder if Axl's knows? i guess he does, and is making some do$h out of it (..and passing on some to the Classic GN'R boys)..

Edited by vaida

Not sure about t.v., but I heard Patience in a McDonald's the other day.

Yeah, heard "Don't Cry" in IKEA rock4 - I was pretty surprised...

I'm not sure what to call the style of music, but imagine being in a shop, a film/music shop to be precise, and they tend to play hyped up music, i can only describe as rock/pop/dance/drum'n'bass. Last week such a tune was playing, and the song appeared to contain a section from Welcome to the Jungle, it sound like it had been sampled from the album, although the vocals were by who ever was behind the rock/pop/dance song. Maybe some one here knows the name of the band, and the genre.

..and I thought: I wonder if Axl's knows? i guess he does, and is making some do$h out of it (..and passing on some to the Classic GN'R boys)..

This probably isn't what you're talking about, but Chase & Status, a British drum & bass group sampled Axl's story (possibly from the Ritz concerts, cant' really remember) about the origins of "Welcome to the Jungle" in their song, "Smash TV".