IRS demo version from 1999

MattElias

Are the vocals different on this demo? They have to be.

Correct. The 1999 demos of IRS, Catcher and TWAT have different vocals because they are the Seaven Beaven versions. Not the re-recorded versions by Roy Thomas Baker that the actual album is worked off of

Nah, I'm almost 100% positive the vocals from ~1999 demos (and who knows whether they were even really recorded in 1999, or earlier?) are the same vocal takes pasted into the album cuts. Slight tinkering may have been done with pitch correction and whatnot (even then, I don't think so! they sound identical) but I'm pretty sure they're the same. Axl laid down his vocals and they brought in Ron and Frank and co. to add finishing touches to the songs.

I actually prefer the album cut. It rocks a little harder, has a YCBM vibe to it; Robin's added solo gives the song a much-needed energy, and Frank's drum fill at the end (it WAS Frank, right? Or was it Brain who added that? I am starting to forget -- I just know it started out as a live addition to the song in 2006) is also a lot better. Overall, I prefer the final version -- but the demo is definitely more laidback and interesting to play now and again. Brings me a sense of nostalgia, remembering when those three tracks initially leaked.

It's funny how people think that some demos are from 1999 and some are from like 2001 or whatever. We have NO proof of ANY of that shit! Or of who is actually playing on what!! "Josh Freese's drums are the best!" How the fuck do you know who's drumming on what?

All we know is that the vocals on every single goddamn leak AND the actual released product are exactly the same, down to the very note. (Yeah yeah, Street of Dreams had a different outro)....

I find is amusing that fan's assumptions over the years have become "FACT!" when in reality we don't really know shit about shit when it comes to the true details about the leaks.

It's funny how people think that some demos are from 1999 and some are from like 2001 or whatever. We have NO proof of ANY of that shit! Or of who is actually playing on what!! "Josh Freese's drums are the best!" How the fuck do you know who's drumming on what?

All we know is that the vocals on every single goddamn leak AND the actual released product are exactly the same, down to the very note. (Yeah yeah, Street of Dreams had a different outro)....

I find is amusing that fan's assumptions over the years have become "FACT!" when in reality we don't really know shit about shit when it comes to the true details about the leaks.

The funny thing for me is, I remember when Axl was singing The Blues live in 2006, he started adding a certain vocal pitch to his outro that sounded like he was saying words, even though he wasn't. Then he started saying something that sounded a bit like "Inside of you," but wasn't really quite clear yet;I created a thread asking people if he was saying this, and people were split on whether it was words or just gibberish, and then on the album version he added it, and ever since then he sings that part live. I wonder if he read that thread. :lol:

BTW, this is a cracking version sans the out of pitch intro:

Just me that thinks that this version is way better than the final one?

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha!

I think that's a song I made around 2006 when some fucking moron tried to sell me "bring it back home" for like $100 saying it was from Chinese Democracy!!! I whipped that version up along with a couple others in a few minutes simply by fucking around with the speed and tone in Audacity and told him I would trade +$300 from him along with a box of chicken fingers and a drive to the liquor store!!

A8R

Because of the album credit and this demo is 1999 version. But never thought it was Josh's drums :shrugs:.

Edited by Black Roses

The funny thing for me is, I remember when Axl was singing The Blues live in 2006, he started adding a certain vocal pitch to his outro that sounded like he was saying words, even though he wasn't. Then he started saying something that sounded a bit like "Inside of you," but wasn't really quite clear yet;I created a thread asking people if he was saying this, and people were split on whether it was words or just gibberish, and then on the album version he added it, and ever since then he sings that part live. I wonder if he read that thread. :lol:

I remember that thread. I highly doubt he read it, though.

Also, the vocal tracks from all the demos are the same as the album versions. Obviously.

I love all the versions but over the years I stopped listening to the demos. I only want to hear the album now. Its like going back in time and fucking your hot exgirlfriend. I know she was hot. Not sure if she's hotter than the girl im fucking now. Dont want to know.

Edited by tr420