What are the rules?

2x4

I have been wondering about the "legality" of sharing the Chinese Democracy demos.

I know it's cool to share the old demos of songs like Just Another Sunday and Crash Diet, but what are the rules surrounding the sharing of CD demos?

Do they now fall under the demo category or are they still classed as "official material"?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, by the way.

I was wondering that as well the other day... i have a bootleg cd that i bought in a store here in Portugal that is called "The Complete Chinese Democracy Demos 2008"... as the title says it includes most of the demos that leaked...

I wonder if it's prohibited to sell it, considering i actually bought the cd in a store.

I was wondering that as well the other day... i have a bootleg cd that i bought in a store here in Portugal that is called "The Complete Chinese Democracy Demos 2008"... as the title says it includes most of the demos that leaked...

I wonder if it's prohibited to sell it, considering i actually bought the cd in a store.

Liar

Liar
Liaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

All bootlegs are prohibited to sell, but hell, who doesn't buy and sell them?

Guest charlie555

I thought you were banned?

So, what are the rules here? Can we share the CD demos like we do the AFD/Lies/UYI demos?

I guess I see the CD demos to be in the same boat as the old demos but still not 100%

I just had my post deleted again. Thanks you know who.

Quit posting stupid things and you won't have to cry about it.

OT: This is an interesting question. Hopefully the same rules apply as the older demos.

I'll have to check with HV and/or Subsy. I know Eric's rule was new demos weren't okay to share even after CD, but I don't know where HV and Subsy stand on it...

I just had my post deleted again. Thanks you know who.

Quit posting stupid things and you won't have to cry about it.

OT: This is an interesting question. Hopefully the same rules apply as the older demos.

I'll have to check with HV and/or Subsy. I know Eric's rule was new demos weren't okay to share even after CD, but I don't know where HV and Subsy stand on it...
Thank you. You wouldn't think that it would be an issue. I understand completely if there is still a risk of legal issues, but I would hope that management would accept the fact that they're out there by now.

So can we share the CD demos? I really want to have all of them.

Me too. I've got I think the 2nd gen leaks but I'd like to have the lot of them.

This is the bootleg i bought:

27AECF63-AC5C-4F27-9047-999178DFADA3-181

651DE2B7-D3FC-4081-86F6-C5E507B3CA62-181

326A38C5-BD00-46ED-B466-D78B3909E8BD-181

515E69D2-485A-4344-9D36-A251E9F325D9-181

03E81DF3-998F-4E38-8024-5C6FEB4F6B02-181

I bought it in a record store in Lisbon, Portugal called Carbono.

I wonder if i break the law if i sell it. Here in Portugal it's legal to download stuff, but it's not legal to sell what you download. I haven't downloaded the cd, i bought it... so i dunno.

If i wanted to sell it to someone in the US, would i be subject to penalties or law infrigements of any kind?

that's awesome

Thank You Gunns!

There were other "chinese democracy demos" bootlegs out there, but i thought this one was the coolest one (in terms of covers, packaging and songlist as well).

I thought whoever made this, did a hell of a job with the cover and everything, so i had to buy it.

Edited by AndreCC

I inquired about this a couple months ago with the other mods and it came down to the simple answer of: No, old Chinese Democracy demos cannot be posted and shared on the board freely at this time.

If anything changes, I'm sure we'll let the board know, but until then, that's how it is.

So I'm going to lock the thread, but if anyone has any other questions, feel free to PM one of the mods and ask :)

/locked

EDIT: When we say "post/share", we mean download links. YouTube videos are OK.