New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

#271: The Squaring of the Circle
271med.jpg
http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/the-squaring-of-the-circle

There's also a new special edition available of Elephant Man's Alarm Clock on vinyl..

Special Edition Includes:

-Signed and numbered album cover
-Signed Buckethead/Merrick Drool Bib (not including drool)
-2 minute cassette tape of Merrick sounds plus guitar (made to order)
-Buckethead Elephant Man style signed 8x10
-Buckethead Elephant Man style signed 11x17 poster
-Buckethead Elephant Man style sticker

http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/EMAC_vinyl.html

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, triad said:

I'm liking the sound of this one.  I wonder if he will play any Pikes while on tour.  

I hope that he will play Pearsons Square (#31) Roller Coaster Track Repair (#47), Final Bend of the Labyrinth (#73), Forest of Bamboo (#106), The Five Blocks (#237) and Far (#266)

Edited by Sosso

13 hours ago, triad said:

I'm liking the sound of this one.  I wonder if he will play any Pikes while on tour.  

I've wanted him to start playing Hold Me Forever, at least a condensed version as an encore track to blow people away.  Hard to say if I'd drop Soothsayer in favor of it though..

10 hours ago, Gackt said:

I've wanted him to start playing Hold Me Forever, at least a condensed version as an encore track to blow people away.  Hard to say if I'd drop Soothsayer in favor of it though..

Hold Me Forever is one of my favorites, too.  I'm going to have to re-listen to the ones @Sosso listed, but I bet if you asked 10 people, you'd get 10 different lists of requests!  

I don't even really care what he plays, he's got enough great music to pick from that I could write 10 different setlists and be equally happy with each of them. Hold Me Forever would be epic, though. Even a condensed version....

Who else has got their records? I got Elephant Mans Alarm Clock and Crime Slunk Scene (signed edition, #105) the other day, playing CSC now and it's awesome! :headbang:

Can't wait for my copy of Shadows Between The Sky to arrive!

Edited by Gordon Comstock

#272: Coniunctio
272med.jpg
http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/album/coniunctio

Pike #269: Decaying Parchment is now getting a vinyl release..

Signed and Standard Editions will feature all new artwork
Signed Drawing Edition will include a drawing and a signature on a numbered blank white vinyl jacket.
Signed Edition includes signed and numbered album cover.

Shipping Begins December 2017

http://www.bucketheadpikes.com/DP_vinyl.html

Just now, Gackt said:

As long as there isn't another 31 day Halloween series :P that got a bit overkill

Otherwise I agree, his Death Cube K side can be very interesting

I thought that he would release 364 other albums after the relase of 365 Days Til Halloween: Smash ^^

Is it true that the album Monolith only works if you play all five discs at the same time?

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I thought that he would release 364 other albums after the relase of 365 Days Til Halloween: Smash ^^

Is it true that the album Monolith only works if you play all five discs at the same time?

lol I want to believe he pushed out Smash to take the piss out of everyone loudly complaining when the realization came that he was doing an ambient pike a day for a month straight

A definite answer was never given on how Monolith is supposed to be enjoyed, Travis Dickerson declined giving a straight answer on the topic; it definitely makes for a good Halloween soundtrack though when it's all mixed together

1 minute ago, Gackt said:

A definite answer was never given on how Monolith is supposed to be enjoyed, Travis Dickerson declined giving a straight answer on the topic; it definitely makes for a good Halloween soundtrack though when it's all mixed together

It sounds much better when the different parts are merged into one song.

Edited by Sosso

7 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

It gets so annoying ,tiring,boring that he releases too much stuff,even if there are some good instrumentals,you lose control trying to find in which album you hear what.

A wasted talent under a hiding face and uknown identity.

You don't have to like every album he releases. 

On 8/31/2017 at 8:30 AM, Majestic Beast said:

It gets so annoying ,tiring,boring that he releases too much stuff,even if there are some good instrumentals,you lose control trying to find in which album you hear what.

A wasted talent under a hiding face and uknown identity.

He does offer samples of each album on bandcamp, some you can stream the entire pike for free :P he's just being prolific (and profit-conscious) in his work, it's why I'm pumped for the new Bucketheadland release which will hopefully have a lot of polish

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

He does offer samples of each album on bandcamp, some you can stream the entire pike for free :P he's just being prolific (and profit-conscious) in his work, it's why I'm pumped for the new Bucketheadland release which will hopefully have a lot of polish

I enjoy every Pike he puts out. Each release is unique and different. 

Edited by Sosso

1 hour ago, Majestic Beast said:

He should start a line up,i can't stand watching a dude with playback parts or autotune drums,bass.

https://www.jambase.com/article/buckethead-announces-2017-fall-tour 

According to this article, "He will be joined on this run by former Primus drummer Brian “Brain” Mantia and longtime bassist Dan Monti."  Wish granted!

• Thanks 1

Pike #47, Roller Coaster Track Repair is getting the vinyl treatment:
http://bucketheadpikes.com/RTR_vinyl.html

pike47md.jpg

Limited Edition Includes:
-Signed and numbered album cover
-VHS 5 minute solo slab (made to order)
-Personalized sticker 
-Signed 11x17 poster

Signed Drawing Edition will include a drawing and a signature on a numbered blank white vinyl jacket.

Signed Edition includes signed and numbered album cover.

Shipping Begins February 2018

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1