New Buckethead Pikes Discussion

Cosmo

18 hours ago, James Bond said:

I'm all for more Buckethead live releases, but this seems a bit of an odd Pike release considering the overlap with the excellent 2019 live album and the truncated versions of Siege and Soothsayer.

This one sounds like it's actually live, as opposed to "live", but I agree. and if putting out a true live album why make it so short? It is a bit weird.

3 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

This one sounds like it's actually live, as opposed to "live", but I agree. and if putting out a true live album why make it so short? It is a bit weird.

It's content to fill out some pike numbers.  :P

Bucket posted a new preview clip yesterday, but it was just the entirety of the song Coupon; there's been some speculation on why he's releasing old songs as previews, but here's my ideas of what it could mean:

• The previews posted to Bandcamp are for songs Bucket is planning to perform for his next tour
  • Album remixes, like how Bucket re-released Sphere Facade & Spiral Trackway
  • CD/Vinyl reissues?

Times like these where I wish Bucket used social media to really reach out to the fans.

17 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Cheers!! That's a lot of music! I've never really dove into Buckets albums because there's so much it's hard to know where to start!

You can't go wrong with any of these albums:

Captain EO's Voyage

Population Override 

Hold Me Forever 

3' Clearance

Crime Slunk Scene

The Dragons Of Eden

Shadows Between The Sky

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You can't go wrong with any of these albums:

Captain EO's Voyage

Population Override 

Hold Me Forever 

3' Clearance

Crime Slunk Scene

The Dragons Of Eden

Shadows Between The Sky

Agree. I'd add to this:

Colma

Monsters and Robots

Praxis - Transmutation

Electric Tears

And throwing a random one in: Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Agree. I'd add to this:

Colma

Monsters and Robots

Praxis - Transmutation

Electric Tears

And throwing a random one in: Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains

Also 

Bermuda Triangle

Imbred Mountain

Pepper's Ghost

A Real Diamond in the Rough

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, James Bond said:

Two months since I placed my order and no sign of it. I know this isn't entirely unusual in Bucketheadland, but the support also hasn't returned my email.

Yeah that's pretty normal I think. Took months to reply to me before, and almost years for some of the stuff to get posted. Hate to say it but it was this unprofessionalism that put me off a bit. Love Bucket... but how hard can it be to reply to an email or run a professional merch set up.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had a dream that Bucket finally gave pikes 43 & 78 titles & artwork; what a crazy dream

Bucket's been really "off the grid" all summer, I've been concerned if everything's been alright in Bucketheadland.  A three month gap in pikes in non-tour season (the live albums don't count) feels really unusual; the only thing popping up from time to time is some drawings and paintings.  :huh:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gackt said:

I had a dream that Bucket finally gave pikes 43 & 78 titles & artwork; what a crazy dream

Bucket's been really "off the grid" all summer, I've been concerned if everything's been alright in Bucketheadland.  A three month gap in pikes in non-tour season (the live albums don't count) feels really unusual; the only thing popping up from time to time is some drawings and paintings.  :huh:

He just doesn't seems as motivated as before his parents death. There is also his heart condition. 

• Sad 1

On 9/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, jimisbatman said:

Hi team, I know this is the wrong thread, but does anyone know where I can find a definitive thread about bucketheads work on CD? 

The credits in the booklet for Chinese seem reliable, but the quick rundown is:

• Chinese Democracy (guitar, 2nd solo through the outro)
  • Shackler's Revenge (writing & arrangement, guitar)
  • Better (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Street of Dreams (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • If The World (guitars, all solos, acoustic guitar)
  • There Was a Time (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Catcher in the Rye (absent)
  • Scraped (writing & arrangement, guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Riad N' The Bedouins (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Sorry (writing & arrangement, guitar, all solos)
  • I.R.S. (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Madagascar (guitar, all solos)
  • This I Love (absent)
  • Prostitute (guitar, all solos)

The leaks can't have certainty, but Bucket appears to have done the 2nd solo in songs like Hardschool and Quicksong.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gackt said:

The credits in the booklet for Chinese seem reliable, but the quick rundown is:

• Chinese Democracy (guitar, 2nd solo through the outro)
  • Shackler's Revenge (writing & arrangement, guitar)
  • Better (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Street of Dreams (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • If The World (guitars, all solos, acoustic guitar)
  • There Was a Time (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Catcher in the Rye (absent)
  • Scraped (writing & arrangement, guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Riad N' The Bedouins (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Sorry (writing & arrangement, guitar, all solos)
  • I.R.S. (guitar, 2nd solo)
  • Madagascar (guitar, all solos)
  • This I Love (absent)
  • Prostitute (guitar, all solos)

The leaks can't have certainty, but Bucket appears to have done the 2nd solo in songs like Hardschool and Quicksong.

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for this. His work on CD is simply amazing. 

1 hour ago, jimisbatman said:

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much for this. His work on CD is simply amazing. 

I was wondering if I could ask people for some recommendations.

I really like The Boiling Pond and Undersea Dead City. Are there any other Pikes that are like these? 

Thanks!

3 hours ago, axl666 said:

I really like The Boiling Pond and Undersea Dead City. Are there any other Pikes that are like these? 

Thanks!

I'm unsure given I'm relatively new to the genius of Bucket, however would love to know what Pike's he has that are similar to Shacklers revenge or with crazy guitar solos? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2021 at 2:52 PM, James Bond said:

Finally heard from the Pikes, albeit indirectly. They've provided a tracking number, but all it shows is that the shipping label was created back in June and the package hasn't even been dropped off at USPS yet. At the very least, some activity from within the Buckethead camp.

As an update - my order finally arrived! Took less than a week after they finally posted it. Much longer than the order I placed last year but alas. Some new Bucket vinyl to spin and an autograph. I am satisfied.

On 9/6/2021 at 9:18 PM, axl666 said:

Thanks!

Not a Pike but one of my favourite Bucket albums is Elephant Man's Alarm Clock 

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

As an update - my order finally arrived! Took less than a week after they finally posted it. Much longer than the order I placed last year but alas. Some new Bucket vinyl to spin and an autograph. I am satisfied.

Which vinyl was that?

He should re-release the vinyls. People on ebay and Discogs are selling some for $1000. There has to be sufficient demand for second pressings of some. Make it an alternative variant, coloured vinyl or something. But there is definitely demand.

50 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

Not a Pike but one of my favourite Bucket albums is Elephant Man's Alarm Clock 

Which vinyl was that?

He should re-release the vinyls. People on ebay and Discogs are selling some for $1000. There has to be sufficient demand for second pressings of some. Make it an alternative variant, coloured vinyl or something. But there is definitely demand.

Pikes 265 and 269. I previously bought the Ghost Host vinyl but a couple of the others I'm most interested in have long sold out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2021 at 3:11 PM, jimisbatman said:

I know this may not be probable, but I hope they keep at least a few leads and maybe even a solo or two of his on CD2 if/when that is ever dropped.

• Like 1