Axl Rose out at London Nightclub

Amir

A residency at Hammersmith would be cool!

Couldn't see Guns playing there again for some reason... But it would be cool. I'd go to as many shows as I could.

There must be a reason why he was in the UK though.

He might look like shit but he's the guy that looks like shit in a car full of woman...

Gold diggers.

LOL. You think Axl gives a fuck? He can get more pussy in one night than you've had your whole life.

Edited by Towelie

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't see Guns playing there again for some reason... But it would be cool. I'd go to as many shows as I could.

>

He might look like shit but he's the guy that looks like shit in a car full of woman...

Gold diggers.

LOL. You think Axl gives a fuck? He can get more pussy in one night than you've had your whole life.

So what? Axl can pick up banged out chicks with pussies that your dog wouldn't eat and that somehow makes him a superstar? Get real. He's a semi-melted 51 year old in a car full of people who think that he looks ridiculous.

>>

Gold diggers.

So what? Axl can pick up banged out chicks with pussies that your dog wouldn't eat and that somehow makes him a superstar? Get real. He's a semi-melted 51 year old in a car full of people who think that he looks ridiculous.

Do you think that Axl is stupid and naive?. He can have fun in one night out with certain people but that doesn´t mean that they are his friends for life. He´s met thousands of people in his life and I´m sure that he is able to distinguish real people from the seasonal friends. Also, it´s very pretentious of you to speak on behalf of people you don´t know or are you going to tell me that you know for sure what those people in the car think of him?

>>

Gold di

ggers.

Do you think that Axl is stupid and naive?. He can have fun in one night out with certain people but that doesn´t mean that they are his friends for life. He´s met thousands of people in his life and I´m sure that he is able to distinguish real people from the seasonal friends. Also, it´s very pretentious of you to speak on behalf of people you don´t know or are you going to tell me that you know for sure what those people in the car think of him?

See the comment to which I replied and it will be obvious.

No, I don't think that he is stupid. I do think that he is an ego-maniacal little physical abuser who hasn't been relevant to the world of popular music in almost 20 years.

Well, for not being relevant to popular music in almost 20 years he´s done pretty well selling out shows all over the world...doesn´t that ring a bell?. Unless you consider popular music Justin Biever & co.

Singing the same songs (from a quarter of a century ago) night after night is not relevance. It's a constant, cash-grabbing tour of whimsy is all it is. The last thing that he released to the wider world flopped bigger than Axl off a diving board. However, if he chooses to keep the company of beggars and hangers-on along with an assortment of women who'll go down on anyone so long as they are rich and famous, then all the best to him.

Well, for not being relevant to popular music in almost 20 years he´s done pretty well selling out shows all over the world...doesn´t that ring a bell?. Unless you consider popular music Justin Biever & co.

Singing the same songs (from a quarter of a century ago) night after night is not relevance. It's a constant, cash-grabbing tour of whimsy is all it is. The last thing that he released to the wider world flopped bigger than Axl off a diving board. However, if he chooses to keep the company of beggars and hangers-on along with an assortment of women who'll go down on anyone so long as they are rich and famous, then all the best to him.

But dude, those songs from a quarter of a century ago are the hits, can you imagine a GNR show withouf scom, jungle, pc, nr...etc?. I can´t. All artists play songs from different eras because that´s what people usually want along with some of the latest music. And by following that cash grab logic, then, aren´t all artists cash grabbers since they make their money from touring?.

The guy was just having some fun with a bunch of girls, it´s not like he has to support them for life for fucks sake lol

But dude, those songs from a quarter of a century ago are the hits, can you imagine a GNR show withouf scom, jungle, pc, nr...etc?. I can´t. All artists play songs from different eras because that´s what people usually want along with some of the latest music. And by following that cash grab logic, then, aren´t all artists cash grabbers since they make their money from touring?.

The guy was just having some fun with a bunch of girls, it´s not like he has to support them for life for fucks sake lol

The problem is that Guns have only really had three albums worth of songs so have a very small catalogue to choose from. That being said, to the wider world at large Guns are very much an irrelevance. Ask a man in the street about them and they wouldn't have a clue. As for Axl and his nightclub girls - good luck to him. If he wants to fuck around with women like that then that is his choice; just like it is our choice to point out that he looks ridiculous.

The problem is that Guns have only really had three albums worth of songs so have a very small catalogue to choose from. That being said, to the wider world at large Guns are very much an irrelevance. Ask a man in the street about them and they wouldn't have a clue. As for Axl and his nightclub girls - good luck to him. If he wants to fuck around with women like that then that is his choice; just like it is our choice to point out that he looks ridiculous.

Yet here u are on a forum dedicated to his band talking about him. Get real.

Axl looks terrible. The guy should quit the booze or he won't party too much longer.

Exactly what are you supposed to look at when you you are 50? What do you look like? Are you 50?

It's a matter of taste, we are attracted to different people & some of us find Axl attractive and others don't. I don't find Izzy attractive & he doesn't appeal to me at all, in fact I hardly know him but on stage he doesn't have the charisma, the looks or personality that Axl does. Yet there are others who think Izzy is wonderful & has all these things. Some photos are terrible, others are great & it depends on who you are attracted to.

I agree.

Axl looked his best in a while in Lodon. He's embracing a style which compliments the fact he is now in his twilight years. For me it's more important to see the guy finally have a glint in his eye instead of trying to satisfy the superficial requirements of everybody else.

He is touring off of songs written by a completely different band twenty years ago..........that's the point that people like you can't seem to grasp. The reason that Axl has to play EVERY classic song is because he has released just one album of material since leaving the old guys. He can't replace old classic songs, because he doesn't have new songs that people want to hear live. If you go to a show and the Stones don't play Start Me Up, Bon Jovi doesn't play Always and Metallica doesn't play Fade To Black, it's because they have other classic songs to choose from. GnR doesn't have that option, simply because of lack of music output since Axl decided to keep the name alive.

I would love for Axl to be relevant in the music world because of the music he and his current band are creating. I think Axl still has the talent to do that. I think the Robin/Bucket line-up had the talent to do it. I think the current band has the talent to do that.

You seem happy that Axl's "past" is able to help him make money today........I think he could be just as relevant today as he was 20 years ago.

But we're labeled as being bitter ex-fans.........simply because we wish our favorite singer would do more with his career, rather than just live off the past.

As for your Justin Bieber comment. I don't get it, explain that to me.

I like Axl's music better than Bieber's.

Bieber sells WAY more tickets and albums than Axl does today and it isn't even close.

So more music fans want to buy Bieber's albums, more music fans want to listen to Bieber's music and more music fans want to attend Bieber's concerts.

BUT that doesn't matter, because those people are younger than us? Or we disagree with their musical taste?

So musical relevance should only be measured by if a certain age group likes the band?

Bieber is probably sitting at home crying because he has more fans than Axl, sells more albums than Axl, has better chart success than Axl. I'm sure he feels like a complete failure and that his relevance is a joke.

But we're labeled as being bitter ex-fans.........simply because we wish our favorite singer would do more with his career, rather than just live off the past.

A disproportionally high amount of songs from CD has been played at gigs the last years (6-8). Considering the low output of music, he is going quite far in actually playing new music and not old music. If we extrapolate from the current situation then when GN'R releases a new record the amount of new songs should be 10-12, making up half of the set list. That is quite astounding considering how well-loved GN'R's back catalogue is and the fact that the majority of the audiences ALWAYS will come for the old songs.

He is touring off of songs written by a completely different band twenty years ago..........that's the point that people like you can't seem to grasp. The reason that Axl has to play EVERY classic song is because he has released just one album of material since leaving the old guys. He can't replace old classic songs, because he doesn't have new songs that people want to hear live. If you go to a show and the Stones don't play Start Me Up, Bon Jovi doesn't play Always and Metallica doesn't play Fade To Black, it's because they have other classic songs to choose from. GnR doesn't have that option, simply because of lack of music output since Axl decided to keep the name alive.

I would love for Axl to be relevant in the music world because of the music he and his current band are creating. I think Axl still has the talent to do that. I think the Robin/Bucket line-up had the talent to do it. I think the current band has the talent to do that.

You seem happy that Axl's "past" is able to help him make money today........I think he could be just as relevant today as he was 20 years ago.

And here we go again with groghan and his arrogant attitude. The fact that I don´t agree with what you and others say doesn´t mean that I don´t understand or that I am stupid. I know the songs are from 20 years ago written with the old band and HIMSELF too,and that he´s only released one album of new material but even if he released 25 new albums people would still want the hits to be played. The people who attend the shows know there aren´t any new albums and that they are going to have afd, uyi and cd and even though they know it they still choose to go to the shows. Doesn´t that speak volumes?. Oh and by saying all this I am not implying that I don´t want any new music, of course I do but instead of bashing and complaining I prefer to enjoy what we have because, with new music or not, Axl Rose who happens to be the lead singer of my favourite band is active and touring and THAT is better than years and years of silence.

And here we go again with groghan and his arrogant attitude. The fact that I don´t agree with what you and others say doesn´t mean that I don´t understand or that I am stupid. I know the songs are from 20 years ago written with the old band and HIMSELF too,and that he´s only released one album of new material but even if he released 25 new albums people would still want the hits to be played. The people who attend the shows know there aren´t any new albums and that they are going to have afd, uyi and cd and even though they know it they still choose to go to the shows. Doesn´t that speak volumes?. Oh and by saying all this I am not implying that I don´t want any new music, of course I do but instead of bashing and complaining I prefer to enjoy what we have because, with new music or not, Axl Rose who happens to be the lead singer of my favourite band is active and touring and THAT is better than years and years of silence.

Nice post. Glad to see another member can sniff out Groghanism.

Axl looked his best in a while in Lodon. He's embracing a style which compliments the fact he is now in his twilight years. For me it's more important to see the guy finally have a glint in his eye instead of trying to satisfy the superficial requirements of everybody else.

"Twilight years"? The hell? He's only 51.

Nice post. Glad to see another member can sniff out Groghanism.

OK Lolcano. Thanks for your brilliant contribution.

Nov Rain. You do make me laugh with your total dedication to all things Axl. I post my opinion and I'm arrogant and a bully. You post your opinion.......and it's just because you are a die-hard fan. Why do YOU have to insult people that disagree with you? I didn't say you were stupid. But the fact you MAKE my point in your rant, while insulting me and trying to show me how I'm wrong..........well, I'm not sure what to say about that.

You are correct. The fact that fans still come to hear the OLD songs does speak volumes. We agree on that.

YOU are happy with that. Me - the "bitter ex-fan hater" isn't. I wish my favorite singer WOULD put out more music and would give this current band a chance to shine. I think Axl and the current band could create more classic songs that would draw people to future shows. I guess you don't agree with that.

Soulmonster it is good to see you back posting. Though I disagree with your style of debating people, you are an intelligent guy and an asset to the forum.

I disagree with your comments. Playing 5-6 songs off a new album can't be marked for any kind of a judgement unless we know how many albums that band has released. Six songs off a new album has a different meaning if that band has 20 prior releases or 4 prior releases. Or if that band plays 2 hour shows or 3.5 hour shows.

I personally loved CD and would go to a show that was just the CD album played from start to finish.

In fact, if they played two shows in my city - the regular show the first night and the second night was just CD from start to finish, I would 100% go to both shows.

I disagree with your comments. Playing 5-6 songs off a new album can't be marked for any kind of a judgement unless we know how many albums that band has released.

Playing about 28 % new material when you have a strong back catalogue like GN'R, means the band is putting a lot of focus on the new material and is absolutely not just "living off the past" as you claimed. A band who is "living off the past" wouldn't bother with recording, releasing, and showcasing new music.