Axl Rose out at London Nightclub

Amir

I feel bad for Axl, because it must be very hard to have been such an icon and sex-symbol and having aged this badly... Especially so with all the AFD/UYI lineups members (except maybe for Steven Adler...) having aged quite well so far. It's also sad that at his age he still haven't found a woman to start a family with. On other hand, although in a decadent way, he's one of the last true rock stars out there and he deserves respect for that.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl was the one who supposedly didn't abuse drugs. Yet every former member, including Adler who had a stroke, aged better.

Truly ironic isn't it....

BTW sorry I didn't see your post above mine where I ripped you off and said the exact same thing lol

I don't think he has aged badly more slightly oddly. This is probably due to a few subtle procedures and the unusual choice of facial hair combined with the Prince Valiant haircut. If he felt like it he could probably drastically change his appearance in about 6 weeks assuming there are no underlying medical issues.

To be fair I think Axl has aged better than Duff it's just Duff is more buffed up and possibly fitter.

So.....when Axl was young he was too skinny, now he is too fat. People hated the braids, now they hate his current hairstyle. No matter what he looks like someone hates it. For me after the years of being a recluse, allegedly fighting cancer (for which he may still be taking medication) I am happy to see him out there looking happy, relaxed and at ease with himself. We all age, some better that others those who criticise should take a picture of themselves now and look at it when they are 51 and see how different they are.

Edited by axlsend

Axl was the one who supposedly didn't abuse drugs. Yet every former member, including Adler who had a stroke, aged better.

BTW sorry I didn't see your post above mine where I ripped you off and said the exact same thing lol

adler looks like a fuckin' retard. slash always have sunglasses and and hat. I think we could find cringeworthy pictures for everyone and good ones for everyone too. (except for adler who look like a retard.)

Billy Idol is 57 and look at him. Age is no excuse

So every 57 year old should look as fit as Billy Idol, otherwise they're fat and ugly?

Marc Jacobs @ 50. :lol: Funny thing is he actually looks less gay than Axl with that fucking biker 'stache! :lol:

marc-jacobs-body_2506740a.jpg

Difference is, one wrote November Rain and the other preened and ponced around in a gym. I know who I'm more interested in out of the two.

Some of you are so shallow.

Duff looks like crap with a crater face....Slash is fat with moobs and Adler looks like Strawman.

Keep hate flowing though by all means.

i love the familiar debate about axl's looks...

"he's fifty! nobody can look good at fifty!"

"but what about (insert countless pictures of countless guys who look great at 50)..."

"yeah, but he fucking sucks and axl rules."

"oh, right."

i guess in the mind of axl fans, axl's physical decline is the product of him writing and recording so many amazing songs. diet and exercise has nothing to do with it. those other guys only look good because their minds haven't fatigued their bodies by writing songs like riad, scrapped and silkworms.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness

Fact #1: Axl has aged badly, can't even begin to understand how someone can deny this....

Fact #2: all the other AFD/UYI lineups guys have aged better than Axl....tough luck I guess...

120415-otrc-ap-rock-hall-of-fame-guns-n-

and Izzy Stradiln....

Izzy.jpg

and even Gilby Clarke for fuck sake!

gilbysolo2012.jpg

Edited by trqster

to add to the debate.. Axl is without the fattest (of the famous 5). The option to visit the gym, loose weight, and build muscle is always an option, but I think Axl is too lazy for this, and likes his booze too much. The result being, as we know, he is paying the price, and would rather cover it up with hats, glasses, baggy cloths, and maybe a little botox. But hey, that's his choice.

Edited by vaida

Duff looks like crap with a crater face....Slash is fat with moobs and Adler looks like Strawman.

No hate, just an observation. Axl looks like a freakshow anymore. His skin looks like plastic, he's overweight, his hair is fried, and he has a mustache. I don't *care* that he looks the way he does. Just sayin...

adler looks like a fuckin' retard. slash always have sunglasses and and hat. I think we could find cringeworthy pictures for everyone and good ones for everyone too. (except for adler who look like a retard.)

Don't use the word "retard." It makes you sound stupid.

No hate, just an observation. Axl looks like a freakshow anymore. His skin looks like plastic, he's overweight, his hair is fried, and he has a mustache. I don't *care* that he looks the way he does. Just sayin...

>

Don't use the word "retard." It makes you sound stupid.

oh wait.....

done! I took note. won't ever use the word retard again.

I've shown these photos to some old Gn'R fans and the reaction was similar in the line of: "WTF happened to Axl? So sad..."

I've also shown some recent Slash, Duff & Izzy and the same guys thought that they looked fine, although a little older (duh).

Axl is barely recognizable these days and pretty much a ridiculous looking middle aged overweight man and decadent rock star - I've got to admit it, no matter how big of an Axl fan I am. :no:

Axl doesn't look that bad. Sure he's gained wieght, but he doesn't look fat for a normal person.

I still find it funny that all the entertainment news places are running stories about how his "new" haircut is a "super short chin lenth bob"

It's down to his shoulders and he's had it this way for 4 or 5 years. Is the media that hungry for readers?

Sigh, it looks like some people here should google what a fat person looks like. Axl might have 1-4 kilos around his waist he could live without,

but that just makes him normal weight. He has less fat than 90% of the people on this forum.

Not fit… he is running around the hot stage in a leather jacket and singing for 3 hours on concerts nights!

I guess that means he has to do some cardio 2-3 hours about every second day and voice exercises daily.

His body type is maybe more that of a Brad Pitt, who could build muscle for Troy, but said it was a lot of work to keep it on

and stopped trying after a while. He might also be of the type who cannot eat anything salty or late in the evening,

drink alcohol even moderately, sleep too little … without it showing on his face.

I have seen Axl’s face from close enough and he is still the best looking one of the classic line-up (or younger looking than Billy Idol live).

It is understandable if an average person notes that he is older than in 1987, but people on this forum should know it by now.

Axl doesn't look that bad. Sure he's gained wieght, but he doesn't look fat for a normal person.

I still find it funny that all the entertainment news places are running stories about how his "new" haircut is a "super short chin lenth bob"

It's down to his shoulders and he's had it this way for 4 or 5 years. Is the media that hungry for readers?

No. If they were hungry for readers they would choose to run something more relevant. The Media are trying, successfully so, to relate to what most person know/remember of Axl W. Rose--The guy from 1992.

I've shown these photos to some old Gn'R fans and the reaction was similar in the line of: "WTF happened to Axl? So sad..."

I've also shown some recent Slash, Duff & Izzy and the same guys thought that they looked fine, although a little older (duh).

Axl is barely recognizable these days and pretty much a ridiculous looking middle aged overweight man and decadent rock star - I've got to admit it, no matter how big of an Axl fan I am. :no:

Let's see a pic of you for comparison, you r how old?

People here worse than a gaggle of middle aged housewives playing looky-loo