Axl Rose out at London Nightclub

Amir

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My God, he looks horrible. Not that I care about another man's looks, but it's jaw dropping how different his appearance has changed over the years.

Easily the most drastically declined AFD member. Looks NOTHING like he did in those days, while the other guys at least resemble their former selves. Even Steven. Kinda ironic, as he was the most drug free member of the group. :shrugs:

Not sure why people are so caught up in someone's looks. How it affects my enjoyment of his music is not important. I rarely comment in threads that pertain to the visual aspects of GNR, but whether Axl gains a few pounds or looks a little worse for wear really shouldn't affect how people consider him as an artist. Now his voice on the other hand....

Weell, the bloated face and eyes make it looks as if he's drinking heavt and doing a lot of coke; not sure if you've seen GnR live or on youtube but the weight he's carrying sure could impact his ability to lose his breath....duh
No, not really. Not if he's using diaphragmatic breathing. The idea is to fill the diaphragm, not just rely just on lung capacity. If cardiovascular conditioning and/or lung capacity were barriers to being able to get sufficient breath support, you'd never see any singer who is overweight being able to perform professionally. Clearly that's not the case.

I've seen this argument many times and I just don't think it holds any water whatsoever.

Ali

So then explain to me why he's always winded and out of breath on stage and off to his oxygen tank during solo's, band jams and anytime he's mot singing?
I don't think your assessment is accurate, first off. Second, I don't see what the oxygen tank has to do with proper breathing technique use or lack thereof. It may speak to a lack of sufficient breath support at times, but the issue of breath support has to do with technique, not cardiovascular conditioning.

Ali

Edited by Ali

His hair is brown but his mustache and eyebrows are so orange. :suspicious:​ He should grow a goatee and lose all the extra weight. And his huge rings are ridiculous. But the shirt looks good.

Like it or not appearance matters for rock stars. General public has a negative opinion about axl and looking like he does now doesn't help. :shrugs:

But he doesn't seem to care. At least do something about your voic ax.

Noooo goatee bth_tantrum.gif We want him to get rid of the moustache, don't encourage a goatee as well. It makes him look older. sFun_oldguy.gif

But it will cover the triple chin! Although him being ginger ruins it. He should die that and his eyebrows. so orange...

Although everyone does look in better shape in axl's defense at least he doesn't take off his shirt. If your fifty and have a beer belly and in slash's case man boobs it's time to say goodbye to your shirtless days unless you look like bon jovi. Oh and slash hides behind glasses and hat and hair. I'd say duff looks the best even though he has the face of a 70 year old.

Bruce dickinson 55,running and singing like always.Its pretty obvius that Axl didnt take care of himself during many years,

I've shown these photos to some old Gn'R fans and the reaction was similar in the line of: "WTF happened to Axl? So sad..."
I've also shown some recent Slash, Duff & Izzy and the same guys thought that they looked fine, although a little older (duh).

Axl is barely recognizable these days and pretty much a ridiculous looking middle aged overweight man and decadent rock star - I've got to admit it, no matter how big of an Axl fan I am. :no:

Let's see a pic of you for comparison, you r how old?
People here worse than a gaggle of middle aged housewives playing looky-loo

I certainly wasn't any sex-symbol rockstar on my youth so the comparison here is ridiculous really... :suspicious:

Axl should be compared to other musicians about the same age he is - that's a fair comparison. I've done just that earlier on with other ex-Gunners and it doesn't do Axl any favours...

A few more examples? Sure, here's a few frontmen...

Billy Idol (57)

7504260012_03726c24ce_z.jpg

Bon Jovi (51)

1242089-jon-bon-jovi-617-409.jpg

Eddie Vedder (49)

EddieVedder-588.jpg

James Hetfield (49)

Download-Festival-2012-james-hetfield-31

Anthony Kiedis (50)

Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers.jpg

Guest bellastar2355

In my pont of view Axl looks still hadsome and sex. and happy ! Dont really matter his shape.

Anthony kieds is ugly!

You must be confused to call kiedis ugly but not Axl

and i think Axl is gorgeous

And besides Axl looking wasted at 50, even his voice seems to match his looks, a far cry from his best-self just a few years ago (2006-2010) - that's the saddest part for me as a fan as it might not be recoverable...

Bruce dickinson 55,running and singing like always.Its pretty obvius that Axl didnt take care of himself during many years,

I've shown these photos to some old Gn'R fans and the reaction was similar in the line of: "WTF happened to Axl? So sad..."

I've also shown some recent Slash, Duff & Izzy and the same guys thought that they looked fine, although a little older (duh).

Axl is barely recognizable these days and pretty much a ridiculous looking middle aged overweight man and decadent rock star - I've got to admit it, no matter how big of an Axl fan I am. :no:

Let's see a pic of you for comparison, you r how old?

People here worse than a gaggle of middle aged housewives playing looky-loo

I certainly wasn't any sex-symbol rockstar on my youth so the comparison here is ridiculous really... :suspicious:

Axl should be compared to other musicians about the same age he is - that's a fair comparison. I've done just that earlier on with other ex-Gunners and it doesn't do Axl any favours...

A few more examples? Sure, here's a few frontmen...

Billy Idol (57)

7504260012_03726c24ce_z.jpg

Haha. Billy Idol is 6-7 Years older than Axl. Probably done as many drugs as Guns N' Roses combined. And still looks better than Axl.. Actually he sounds worlds better than him too nowadays.

Billy Idol is just so fucking awesome on so many levels compared to all the gimmicky americans he has been paired up with here. He played the MTV game in the early to late eighties 100%, but he was smart enough to know what a joke it was while living the life. I'm so happy that he is still alive!!!!!!!

All of you on here who are making negative comments about Axl's looks remind me of a bunch of 13 year old girls on their menstrual cycle.

Seriously, you all are ridiculous.

Just a few months ago when GNR were touring, some of you posted youtubes of waiting for your "idol" Axl Rose to sign stuff outside and were kissing his ass and worshipping the ground he walked on and were shouting, "we love you Axl".

NOTHING WAS EVER MENTIONED THEN ABOUT HOW HE LOOKS.

Now, a picture surfaces after he has fucking been on tour for a whole month to please fans in Australia and other parts of the world and you people don't even think to consider how grueling touring can be with the time changes, stress, etc.

Who the fuck cares what the man look likes. I can guarantee all of you making negative comments that you would NEVER say this to his face you would go all fanboy/fangirl on him as evidenced in many youtube videos.

He's allowed to have fun, he's allowed to drink, he's allowed to look how he feels comfortable. Do all of you give a shit what your friends look like or what other celebrities look like? Celebrities are real people too believe it or not.

Axl looks just fine. He sings just fine and he entertains your ass just fine.

Now shut the fuck up already about all of these stupid posts about his appearance and go look in the mirror at your own ass and quit worrying about how Axl looks.

And while you are at it, go the store and by an extra box of tampons for your menstrual cycle so you will calm the fuck down and quit acting so ridiculous.

:jerkoff:

Oh the drama!

When he sounds bad and looks worse expect people to connect the two and comment.

I am not adding to any drama I am simply stating that you all spend way the fuck too much time on here talking shit about someone you only know when you attend a show.

If given the opportunity, you all would hang with Axl in a heartbeat and swap lifestyles in a heartbeat.

Jealous people say negative things. So do envious people.

And if you fucking expect him to look like he did back in 1989, get real. Everyone ages. It's a fact of life. You are born, you live, and you grow old and die.

But these comments about how he looks and how he sounds are ridiculous. Just shut the fuck up already and enjoy life and quit stalking the man likes he's fucking bigfoot and appreciate the music and like him for that and that alone beause when the day is done, it's the music that matters not what someone fucking wears or what they look like.

In my pont of view Axl looks still hadsome and sex. and happy ! Dont really matter his shape.

Anthony kieds is ugly!

You must be confused to call kiedis ugly but not Axl

and i think Axl is gorgeous

No i´m not confused. i dont think Anthony handsome. I never thought he was cute. to me he was a good singer .

Jon Bon Jovi is nice and sex and a good singer

Axl Rose is handsome, sex, nice, mysterious in onder words GORGEOUS! He always was!!!

All of you on here who are making negative comments about Axl's looks remind me of a bunch of 13 year old girls on their menstrual cycle.

Seriously, you all are ridiculous.

Just a few months ago when GNR were touring, some of you posted youtubes of waiting for your "idol" Axl Rose to sign stuff outside and were kissing his ass and worshipping the ground he walked on and were shouting, "we love you Axl".

NOTHING WAS EVER MENTIONED THEN ABOUT HOW HE LOOKS.

Now, a picture surfaces after he has fucking been on tour for a whole month to please fans in Australia and other parts of the world and you people don't even think to consider how grueling touring can be with the time changes, stress, etc.

Who the fuck cares what the man look likes. I can guarantee all of you making negative comments that you would NEVER say this to his face you would go all fanboy/fangirl on him as evidenced in many youtube videos.

He's allowed to have fun, he's allowed to drink, he's allowed to look how he feels comfortable. Do all of you give a shit what your friends look like or what other celebrities look like? Celebrities are real people too believe it or not.

Axl looks just fine. He sings just fine and he entertains your ass just fine.

Now shut the fuck up already about all of these stupid posts about his appearance and go look in the mirror at your own ass and quit worrying about how Axl looks.

And while you are at it, go the store and by an extra box of tampons for your menstrual cycle so you will calm the fuck down and quit acting so ridiculous.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000