Kurt Cobain and the advanced version of events surrounding his death

Rustycage

I have pulled out the most relevant pieces of the investigation and compiled them into a timeline for the fuck of it.

• Late 1993 - El Duche(a popular singer from the band The Mentors) is hanging outside of a music store when a limo pulls up and Courtney Love exits. She approaches him and the two engage in conversation. Later she says, "Hey man, my old man is being a real asshole and I need you to blow his head off." El Duche replies, "Seriously?" Courtney responds, "Yea. I'll give you 50,000 dollars to blow his fucking head off. Make it look like a suicide. I have the gun." El Duche not knowing if she is serious agrees. Courtney asks where he can be reached and he tells her that he receives all of his messages at the store so he takes her inside where she gets a business card. El Duche, later into the investigation takes a polygraph examination performed by one of the world's top polygraph examiners and the examiner states, "He passed with flying colors." 8 days after revealing this publicly, he is found on the railroad tracks as a big mess of juice from being hit by a train. The last known man to have been with him was a man named Allen Wrench who was coincidentally named by accident in an interview on the documentary "Kurt and Courtney" as someone with additional information regarding the death of Kurt. El Duche's story is confirmed by the best possible score on his polygraph test administered by one of the world's best.
  • Friday, March 4th, 1994 - Rome - Courtney wakes up to find Kurt incapacitated by Courtney's prescription Rohypnol in the bed with a note in the room telling her he was leaving her. Michael DeWitt is also staying at the hotel. Courtney is later recorded saying, “Anyway, what I wanted to say to you was that all this was just a tiff between me and Kurt, OK? That was all it was. A tiff. He was just upset that he was in some awful place and I was off enjoying myself and shopping. It was not a suicide thing... So now we’re going back to the therapist when it all calms down.” Confirmed by one of the audio recorded conversations between Courtney and Mr. Grant.
  • Saturday, March 26th, 1994 - Courtney leaves Seattle for the Peninsula Hotel in Beverly Hills. Confirmed by Courtney and her attorney.
  • Late March 1994 - A call is received at El Duche's hangout asking to speak to him or how to reach him. When she is told that he isn't able to be reached, she screams, "Where the fuck is he?! He has a job to do!" This was told to investigators by the owner of the store whom Courtney spoke with. Confirmed by the shop owner and investigators.
  • Wednesday, March 30th, 1994 - Kurt and his best friend Dylan purchase a 20 gauge shotgun set up for light load because Kurt is scared of intruders after backing out of the 9.5 million dollar offer to headline the Lollapalooza tour.
  • gun_receipt.gif
  • Wednesday, March 30th, 1994 - Kurt leaves Seattle to go to rehab in L.A.
  • Friday, April 1st, 1994 - Thirteen phone calls were made to Kurt’s rehab center from Courtney’s hotel room at the Peninsula. Most of these are to the patient’s pay phone. Confirmed by hotel phone records.
  • April 2nd, 1994 - Kurt hops the wall of a volunteer rehab facility and buys a plane ticket to Seattle.
  • credit_card.jpg(note the April 2nd purchase from Delta immediately before Courtney had the card cancelled. Also note the circled transactions that occurred on days that Kurt has been estimated by coroners to be dead. This credit card was not recovered on Kurt's body and was never recovered. The transactions stopped immediately after Kurt's body was reported publicly.)
  • Saturday, April 2nd, 1994 - Kurt returns home and has a conversation with the nanny, "Cali" aka Michael DeWitt. They speak for a while. This is confirmed by Cali and Courtney.
  • Saturday, April 2nd 1994 - Cali calls and notifies Courtney that Kurt had shown up at the house and they spoke. Confirmed by both Cali and Courtney.
  • Easter Sunday, April 3rd, 1994 - Courtney calls the office of Private Investigator Tom Grant to hire him and an associate to find out who is using her husband's credit card. She informs them that she called the credit card company and lied to them that the card was stolen to have it cancelled. She insists that Kurt has no friends and has no one that could lend him money. She also insists that Kurt can't even catch a cab by himself. During this meeting, she also tells them about the story that she planted in the associated press that she had overdosed and was in the hospital. Later during this conversation, she rants angrily about how Kurt was walking away from 9.5 million dollars to headline Lollapalooza. The private investigator sub contracts to a PI firm in Seattle for surveillance of the areas Kurt may show up.
  • Monday, April 4th, 1994 - Courtney Love tells her new private investigator that she filed a missing person's report under Kurt's mother's name. She tells the police that Kurt fled rehab and then purchased a shotgun. During this conversation, Courtney advises them that "Kurt only stays in the finest hotels" so they continue monitoring the credit card company's records, the surveillance in Seattle and began contacting Hotels in the phone book to see if anyone was staying under one of Kurt's favorite aliases, Bill Bailey. During this search, they find one hotel with someone staying under this name. They notify Courtney and she tells to watch the hotel in case he tries to leave. Courtney told them she didn't want to clue Kurt in that she was looking for him even though she stated earlier that day that Kurt was suicidal. She states that everyone knows he is going to die. An hour later, she calls her private detective to inform him that she called the hotel and spoke to the person using that alias and it wasn't Kurt.
  • Tuesday, April 5th, 1994 - Kurt's estimated date of death by the coroner's report and death certificate. This is also the estimated date that Courtney ordered electricians to start work on the greenhouse.
  • 24qs5jm.png
  • (Note the top right block for date of death. It's also estimated by other forensic experts that he could have died as early as the 3rd or 4th.)
  • Wednesday, April 6th, 1994 - Kurt was still not located by the private investigators. One of them meets with Courtney again in her hotel and suggests going to Seattle and looking for him. One of Courtney's friends staying with her at the time says, "Why don't you go up there, Courtney?" Courtney replies that she cannot go because she has business in L.A. Her private investigator advises her not to tell anyone that he is coming to look for Kurt. Courtney agrees. As her P.I. is leaving, she yells, "Save the American icon, Tom!" Not long after this she calls the Nanny at the house in Seattle to let him know that her private investigator is coming.
  • 11:30 P.M. Wednesday, April 6th, 1994 - Courtney's P.I. picks up Kurt's best friend, Dylan Carlson at his apartment. They go to a cafe and discuss the strategy to look for Kurt. He asks Dylan if he thinks Kurt is suicidal and Dylan says, "No, Not at all. He's under a lot of pressure but he's handling it pretty good." Dylan later tells him that Kurt was afraid of intruders at the house and asked Dylan to help him get a shotgun. After they leave, they check a drug dealer's house and a few motels Kurt was known to stay at. During this time, he tells Dylan that Courtney said Kurt only stays at the finest hotels.Dylan, looking puzzled says, "No, he doesn't. He usually stays in some pretty ratty places." While they are driving around, Mr. Grant(Courtney's P.I.) asks Dylan if they should check with Kurt's mother in Aberdeen. Dylan replies, "No. He doesn't get along with his mother. He wouldn't be there."
  • 2:15 A.M. Thursday, April 7th, 1994 - Mr. Grant and Dylan go to the home of Kurt and Courtney. Mr. Grant waits in the car as Dylan goes to the house alone as to not alert Kurt to Grant's presence. After what is claimed to be at least 5 minutes, Dylan returns and says no one was home. They then travel to a pay phone and call Courtney. She was at her lawyer, Rosemary Carrol's house in Los Angeles. They told her to call the alarm company have the alarm turned off so they can enter the house. They return to the home and enter through an unlocked window. While they were searching, Dylan says, "I've never seen the house this clean before!" They go upstairs where they enter one of the bedrooms where they find the bed unmade and the television still on. Dylan says that this is the nanny aka Cali's room. They searched only the house and eventually left to quit for a bit and get a few hours sleep. After several hours, Mr. Grant picks Dylan up again to resume the search. They spent majority of this time checking Kurt's known hangouts and talking to people he knew to get a clue to his whereabouts. As evening approached, they head toward a small town called Carnation 30 miles east of Seattle where Kurt and Courtney owned two empty cabins and some land. With heavy rain and darkness, Dylan got confused and didn't think he could find the place so they turn back. They agree that they would try another time when the circumstances were better. They stop at a pay phone to call Courtney and Dylan is told that Courtney was arrested and in the hospital. After speaking with Courtney, she tells Dylan to go back to the house and look for the shotgun in a secret compartment in their closet. She also tells Dylan, "Be sure and check the greenhouse." Dylan does not relay this to Mr. Grant until later in the investigation also along with Rosemary Carrol, Courtney's attorney who was with her at the time she said it. During the earlier search of this day, they find Kurt's car parked in front of a friends house with a for sale sign in it.1zf3jn8.pngDylan is looking into the car to see if they can find clues as to Kurt's whereabouts. (Mr. Grant knows who drove the car to the location but is withholding this until the case is reopened.)
  • 9:45 P.M. Thursday April 7th, 1994 - Mr. Grant and Dylan return to the home in Seattle and search the home again. This time they find a note left on the stairwell from Cali that wasn't there the night before. 34zlyet.png
  • Upon speaking with Cali after Kurt's body had been found, Cali told Mr. Grant that he was rarely at the house from April 3rd except for a little on Sunday and Thursday the 7th. According to him in this note, he was surprised Kurt could have been in the house without him noticing but by his own early admission, he was hardly at the house. That makes no sense. He later changes his story about when he was at the home. Also by his own admission, he had called friends on the 7th to tell them he was leaving. Cali has said that his reason for leaving was because Courtney wouldn't stop calling him and yelling at him that she knew Kurt was there. He says he was tired of it and decided to leave. Anyways, Mr. Grant and Dylan search the home as they did before and did not check the greenhouse. It was so rainy and dark that Grant did not spot the greenhouse and at this point had no clue it even existed.
  • Friday Morning, April 8th, 1994 - Kurt is found by an electrician ordered by Courtney to start installation of emergency flood lights on the greenhouse. Upon hearing the news on the radio, Mr. Grant looks toward Dylan, who didn't have much of a reaction, and asks him, "What's the greenhouse?" Dylan replies, "Oh, it's just some dirty little room above the garage. I think they store lumber up there or something." The room was 19' x 23' and clean. Hardly a "small dirty room." It should be noted that in a May 11th issue os the Seattle Times, Dylan is quoted as saying, "For all the times I'd been there, I didn't even realize there was a room above it associated with the house". When later confronted by Mr. Grant regarding his quote and the contradiction, Dylan says he simply misspoke in the article.

Additional posts will be for the time period following his death and the many inconsistencies regrading Courtney and Cali's stories.

Edited by Rustycage

• Wednesday, April 13th, 1994 - Mr. Grant meets with Rosemary Carroll, Courtney's entertainment attorney, at her Hollywood office. During this meeting, Carroll declares that "Kurt was not suicidal!" and that Courtney had contacted her a couple of weeks prior asking her to find the meanest and most vicious divorce attorney money could buy. Courtney also wanted to see if the prenuptial agreement could be voided. Carroll also states that Kurt had called around the same time period regrading his yet to be finished will and was asking to have Courtney taken out of it. Next, Carroll reveals that she is suspicious of why Courtney won't let her see the suicide note. Mr. Grant mentions how Courtney had told him she couldn't help look for Kurt because she had business in L.A. Carrolls response is, "She didn't have any business is L.A.!" Carroll also states that on Thursday the 7th when she overheard Courtney talking to Dylan on the phone, she overheard Courtney tell him "to be sure and check the greenhouse." According to Carroll, upon Courtney ending this conversation, she went back to the hotel in Beverly Hills. Hours later, Courtney calls 911 and is taken to the hospital from an apparent drug overdose. This is a planned event by Courtney the same as less than a week prior. She was later arrested. Carroll furnishes Mr. Grant with information later on that suggests this was a planned event.
  • From Tom Grant:
  • jphta9.png
  • 34zdq2r.png
  • 2u7mvm8.png
  • zyj9kw.png

• 25qdjr9.png

• Friday, April 15th, 1994 - Mr. Grant goes to the Seattle police station to reveal the inconsistencies and his suspicions surrounded Kurt's death. He informed Sergeant Cameron(one of the homicide investigators) of ask of the inconsistencies and motives for Courtney to have been involved. Sgt. Cameron proceeds to tell him that the door was locked from the inside so it must have been a suicide.
  • The Greenhouse door with it's generic push and twist lock
  • 344togj.png
  • Tom mentions that it's a push and twist lock that anyone could lock from inside and shut after leaving. Sgt. Cameron becomes agitated and tells him that there was a stool wedged behind the door.
  • 35i38tw.png
  • Saturday, April 16th, 1994 - Mr. Grant returns to Courtney's home and a lady that answered the door told him that Courtney was upstairs sleeping. Mr. Grant asks if Wendy(Kurt's mother) is around. He was told that she was downstairs and he asked the lady to inform Wendy that he was there. The lady left and returned 2 minutes later saying that Wendy said she has nothing to speak to him about. He and his partner return to their hotel.
  • Later on the 16th Grant and his partner meet with the electrical supervisor that was at the scene of Kurt's body. He told them it looked as though Kurt's hair had been neatly combed. He also informed him that he thinks it was on the 6th when Courtney called and instructed them to immediately begin work on the greenhouse.

The "suicide note"

• x5vbix.png

To Boddah

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guity beyond words about these things.

For example when we're back stage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins., it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do,God, believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.

On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!

I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what i used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become.

I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, love, empathy.

Kurt Cobain

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.

Please keep going Courtney, for Frances.

For her life, which will be so much happier without me.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!

Several handwriting experts have examined this and concluded that the last lines following the signature were written by someone else.

What is being referred to as a suicide note is actually just a letter from Kurt to his fans explaining why he is quitting the business. There isn't a single mention of suicide or anything mentioning leaving his life UNTIL you look at the last lines after the signature that do not match.

These videos include random things from investigators and portions of the audio files recorded while searching for Kurt.

Edited by Rustycage

Some audio linked to Grant's narrative:

Each paragraph is the same audio link although it seems like more.

Courtney tells me she used Det. Terry to get a drug dealer busted. The fact that Courtney often bought her own drugs from this same dealer is a side issue. What's important to note here is that Courtney had a personal friendship with this narcotics detective. She called him once on my car phone while she was with me. Detective Terry was even mentioned in Kurt's Missing Person report as someone to see for additional information.
Detective Terry was murdered shortly after Kurt Cobain was found dead.

--------------------------------------------

Some journalists have written that Kurt was afraid Courtney might leave him if he didn't go into rehab and kick his heroin addiction. The truth is, just prior to his death, Kurt was actually trying to leave Courtney!
After Cobain's death, when rumors of a pending divorce began to surface, Courtney denied she and Kurt were having marital problems and said there was never any talk of divorce.
This is a discussion we had about the note from the Rome incident. Remember, the Rome incident was called an "accident" while Kurt was still alive. After his death, when he wasn't around to set the record straight, the Rome incident was suddenly called a "suicide attempt."
So, what did Kurt tell Courtney about the incident in Rome and the note he left? In this conversation recorded on April 3rd, 1994, BEFORE Cobain was found dead, she tells me, "He claims he was leaving me." (Note the present tense - "claims").
It's a long file so this is just a short portion of the conversation. When you listen to more of the conversation on the Cobain Case Audio Tape, it sounds amazingly similar to the interview Courtney did for the December 1994 issue of Rolling Stone Magazine where she told David Fricke about "another note" she supposedly found in her bedroom after Kurt's body was discovered in Seattle. But here she's telling me about the Rome note. . . in almost identical terms!
Courtney seems to have a problem keeping her lies straight.

"I won't tell him I was never in the hospital."
"The people I had do this, (plant the phony story), I paid."

As mentioned in the Cobain Case Study Manual, after Cobain's death, Courtney's very own entertainment attorney, Rosemary Carroll, told me, "Kurt wasn't suicidal, Tom." Rosemary was also close to Kurt and she was suspicious that Courtney had something to do with Kurt's death.
This is Rosemary Carroll asking me to, "Come over again. There's some stuff I want to show you."
Rosemary was disturbed by the handwriting on the so-called "suicide note" from Seattle. She wanted me to look at samples of Courtney's handwriting.

Rosemary Carroll agreeing that Cali's letter sounded phony.

Rosemary Carroll thought Cali wrote the phony letter because he, (Cali), "KNEW that Kurt was dead!"

Dylan Carlson and I stopped at a pay phone while we were in Seattle searching for Kurt. Dylan called Courtney, (who was staying at Rosemary's house in Los Angeles), to get further instructions. Rosemary later told me she was standing next to Courtney when Courtney was on the phone with Dylan and heard her say to him, "Be sure to check the greenhouse."
Dylan later denied Courtney had told him to check the greenhouse.
Rosemary tells me here, "It's obvious they're lying."

Rosemary comments on Courtney's ability to manipulate the police and the press.
"It's amazing that she can do this... ya know!"

Admitting she filed the missing person's report, not Kurt's mom, Wendy O'Connor, as stated on the police report and as reported in the media.

The "other note". . . "It's not really like a suicide note," Courtney says, and claims she found it under her pillows on the bed. I challenge her, telling her we looked under the pillows and there was no note. She sticks to her story. What else could she do? She didn't know we had looked there until I told her.

You'll hear Courtney promise to show me this "other" note, but of course she never did.

While discussing the "Note from Rome" I asked, "Why would somebody tell you to get rid of that?"

"Because it wasn't really nice... It talked about getting a divorce," Courtney replied.

I'm acting angry at Courtney for not doing the things she promised to do several months earlier, like getting Cali to my office for a Polygraph.

She's obviously rattled.

Once again, Courtney failed to follow through with any of her promises to cooperate. I've had no personal contact with her since this last conversation.

We've all been told that "Kurt had a HUGE drug problem." During the filming of "Kurt and Courtney", I began debating with Nick Broomfield as to whether or not Kurt would have been immediately incapacitated from the large dose of heroin just before he was shot. Nick responded to me, "But he also had a gigantic habit didn't her?"

Here, Courtney tells me, "I know bands with WAY bigger drug addicts in them..."

I also have a number of reasons to believe it was Courtney herself who talked Kurt into leaving the rehab in Marina Del Rey and fly back to their home in Seattle. This is where she could then have her plan "finalized" before he got away and told the world they had separated.

Here she tells me, "He shouldn't have to go to rehab to prove he's a good little boy"! This conversation, along with the numerous telephone calls she made to the patients phone at the rehab center when Kurt was there, add some credence to my initial observations.

This is a very early conversation I had with Rosemary Carroll (Courtney's entertainment attorney). It indicates my careful analysis of the situation at the time. I was not ready to state that I believed Kurt was murdered, but it is obvious we were both highly suspicious of the circumstances surrounding Kurt's death and of the alleged "suicide note".

Rosemary tells me she doesn't think Kurt wrote the so-called "suicide note" found at the scene. In saying this, the only logical conclusion then is that Rosemary believed Kurt was murdered--If Kurt didn't write that note, it had to be planted. There is no logical reason for someone else to plant a suicide note if Kurt had actually committed suicide.

I indicated to Rosemary that I believed we will discover that Kurt did write that note, but that it was not a "suicide" note.

I later came to the conclusion that Kurt was not the person who left that note in the greenhouse, but that he wrote it at another time and place for a different purpose.

This excerpt had a lot of background line hum, so it had to be filtered for clarity.

Listen carefully to how nervous Courtney gets when I challenge her assertion that Rosemary Carroll denies she said anything I claimed she said on the KROC radio interview.

This is just one more of Courtney's many lies that I've proven wrong with the release of these recorded conversations.

Edited by Rustycage

As far as his note goes, you already know he had some imaginary friend from childhood, and can just go through "Journals" to see if any of his handwriting matched up. He could've rushed the end of the note because he wanted to get it over with before he changed his mind.

There's prob. people Courtney never knew in Kurt's life, she knew him for a relatively short period of time, and she had made friends from Minneapolis, London, Los Angeles,and Portland, and I'm sure Kurt knew very few of them.

It's not that easy to interpret some of the stuff Kurt said, or Axl says, Prince, or Bob Dylan. Mind of a frazzled artist can say things that make absolutely no sense to anyone but themselves.

What kind of letter is it - no one really knows. It might have been a resignation letter because he ran out of gas as a performer, everything became too "big" for him, or a suicide note. He saw what success was like, and it's the same shit with Syd Barrett- once he had a taste of it, then had to commit to signed contracts, he started wigging out and having breakdowns.

To me, fragile artist types signing contracts with a corporation is always questionable, and something they really have to be careful about, because it could eat away at their psyche.

So the police don't know about any of this information or something then?

They have publicly stated that they refuse to look at any of the information until, "they find out what Grant is after."

As far as his note goes, you already know he had some imaginary friend from childhood, and can just go through "Journals" to see if any of his handwriting matched up. He could've rushed the end of the note because he wanted to get it over with before he changed his mind.

There's prob. people Courtney never knew in Kurt's life, she knew him for a relatively short period of time, and she had made friends from Minneapolis, London, Los Angeles,and Portland, and I'm sure Kurt knew very few of them.

It's not that easy to interpret some of the stuff Kurt said, or Axl says, Prince, or Bob Dylan. Mind of a frazzled artist can say things that make absolutely no sense to anyone but themselves.

What kind of letter is it - no one really knows. It might have been a resignation letter because he ran out of gas as a performer, everything became too "big" for him, or a suicide note. He saw what success was like, and it's the same shit with Syd Barrett- once he had a taste of it, then had to commit to signed contracts, he started wigging out and having breakdowns.

To me, fragile artist types signing contracts with a corporation is always questionable, and something they really have to be careful about, because it could eat away at their psyche.

No one denies that he wrote the top portion and it was the only letter he supposedly left that can be verified. And that letter spends most of the time speaking about leaving the music business, not suicide. It's addressed to fans. Why would he write a suicide note to fans yet not mention suicide and leave the small footnote to Courtney and Frances that handwriting experts think is from someone else?

In one portion of the recoreded audio from Rosemary Carroll to Tom, the writings she wanted to show him was an outline Courtney had left at her house that looks like practice forgery. Even her own lawyer suspected her of forging the bottom of the note. Courtney and forgery are not strangers.

Anyways, I'm through for now and I'll link most of the post discovery timeline stuff later for the hell of it.

Just to add this. I find it funny how the medical examiner claims they did a thorough investigation when for starters, they called it a suicide upon first responding. Secondly, they declared it a suicide when they signed the report which was signed on the 9th, a day after he was found. The shotgun wasn't even tested for prints until May. The only evidence they looked at was his blood testing which was a red flag in itself. None of the authorities will look in the direction of the evidence collected outside of that greenhouse for some reason.

For Dazey and his question.

9k6q8h.png

Edited by Rustycage

So... it seems pretty obvious that it was Courtney.

You think? There's some fishy stuff going on, but evidence against her seems pretty circumstantial to me. Not saying she wasn't involved. I just don't feel like I can say for sure.

I don't know. I just don't want Rusty to get stressed because of this (and, let's be honest, I haven't read all of that). But I've seen a documentary a while ago and I share your opinion, everything could be.

Edited by izzygirl

Stressed? Lol nah. Every year around this time I am reminded of it and look at it again. It's not new to me and certain people that ask the same questions without reading much into it or make the same attacks aren't new either. Like has been said before, the only way to grease the wheels of the justice system is public pressure and the more the info can be spread to people, the better.

Things that struck me. Detective Terry got murdered, El duce, Kurt. All know Courtney.

The note could well be fake as in not the real one. The real one could have been embarrasing. I hate you Courgney. He may have killed himself but damage control employed.

Dylan would be loyal to kurt if he didnt want to be found.

Cali uses caps at the end of his fridge letter and the suicide note?

everyone is lying and were lying. Like courtney pretending to be in hospital was a way to get kurt to contact someone.

Courtney advises them that "Kurt only stays in the finest hotels" so they continue monitoring the credit card company's records, the surveillance in Seattle and began contacting Hotels in the phone book to see if anyone was staying under one of Kurt's favorite aliases, Bill Bailey.

Kurt and Axl really lived a life together despite their mutual hatred. It's almost ironic.

Courtney advises them that "Kurt only stays in the finest hotels" so they continue monitoring the credit card company's records, the surveillance in Seattle and began contacting Hotels in the phone book to see if anyone was staying under one of Kurt's favorite aliases, Bill Bailey.

Kurt and Axl really lived a life together despite their mutual hatred. It's almost ironic.

I wouldn't say "hated", like real hate - but Kurt was also dissing the GNR fans, and he used that rejection to open for GNR as publicity. I'm sure back then, Tommy would've been saying the same things about Axl, but would the Replacements have opened for GNR? I think so. It's a good question to ask him.

Back then it seemed to be the cool thing to do, hate what GNR stood for. GNR and the hair metal bands were seen as the same as all the 70s cock rock bands. The new guard were rejecting that, punk was cool. Maybe as a reaction to the 80s. Bands like Nirvana and Faith No More seemed to take a political stance.

It was strange you had the Kurt v Axl thing, then go see Faith No More and Patton was doing impressions of them both. He was doing some snake dancing and throwing himself against the monitors like Kurt.

Axl seemed to represent that ego driven rock star, sexist, racist, misognistic. And those other bands were taking the moral high ground, in part because they didn't sell enough records to headline a tour. So FNM toured with GNR, hated it and Axl and bitched about it.

GNR's friends seemed to be their heroes.