Who was the 'household name' that leaked Chinese Democracy to Skwerl?

Guest NGOG

Skwerl was scheduled to speak about the 'Antiquiet incident' last month but for some unknown reason didn't. He told a couple of people over email however that his source, the individual that leaked Chinese Democracy to him (except maybe 2 or 3 songs), is a 'household name'.

Who was the 'household' name? Note also he dismissed the link fans drew between GNR/A Perfect Circle/Kevin. It was a bigger cat than that. But who?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azoff

I suspected the same and asked Skwerl was it Azoff (if you remember I actually posted a theory like that in a thread Skwerl posted in), he said it wasn't Azoff.

The answer is not Azoff.

Edited by NGOG

Skwerl was scheduled to speak about the 'Antiquiet incident' last month but for some unknown reason didn't. He told a couple of people over email however that his source, the individual that leaked Chinese Democracy to him (except maybe 2 or 3 songs), is a 'household name'.

Who was the 'household' name? Note also he dismissed the link fans drew between GNR/A Perfect Circle/Kevin. It was a bigger cat than that. But who?

He was attempting to blackmail his source for money. He got the money and then disappeared. Good for him.

He was attempting to blackmail his source for money. He got the money and then disappeared. Good for him.

Is that a fact, or is that a theory?

Sometimes conspiracy theories are not only conspiracies. May be a fact, who knows? It's possible.

I still think it was Azoff. Skwerl wouldn't admit it, you know it.

He told me on email that the ACP/NIN theory was amazing, but it's not what happened. I have my doubts, to be honestly.

Edited by ManetsBR

When I kept saying Skwerl would talk openly about whose copy of CD he had in Feb or March, it was because I had secured a bombshell interview with him scheduled for somewhere within those months. It didn't happen.

Skwerl told me people would 'shit bricks' when he revealed the household name.

'It was a very short path from someone everyone knows and would have good reasons to have a copy, to me. It's not some winding tale with lots of players or anything. It's not a heist film, it's like, a guy walks into a supermarket and puts a candy bar in his pocket.'

That's all I'm publicizing out of respect for Kevin's story. It's his to tell.

Edited by NGOG

Slash?

man, if that was true i would finally have to agree with axl that slash has been inhabited by the devil. but i would still lol.

hahaha same here, I would hate him, but I would laugh.

When I kept saying Skwerl would talk openly about whose copy of CD he had in Feb or March, it was because I had secured a bombshell interview with him scheduled for somewhere within those months. It didn't happen.

Skwerl told me people would 'shit bricks' when he revealed the household name.

'It was a very short path from someone everyone knows and would have good reasons to have a copy, to me. it's not some winding tale with lots of players or anything. it's not a heist film, it's like, a guy walks into a supermarket and puts a candy bar in his pocket.'

That's all I'm publicizing out of respect for Kevin's story. It's his to tell.

Under that description, the APC/NIN theory is extremely plausible, and so is Azzoff's.

I can't think of anything else.

Well Slash did hear the album before it was released......

and i do remember him giving interviews about how wrong leaking was and how he hopes they throw whoever leaked it in jail. now it's starting to seem like a total smokescreen...

i'm just going to personally decide to adopt the theory that slash leaked the album to skwerl as the true story, as told from Skwerl to NGOG in private emails. i encourage others to do the same... one, because it will be entertaining, and two, because maybe people will feel pressured to share the truth to staunch the flow of a bad lie.

Under that description, the APC/NIN theory is extremely plausible.

A final snippet from my emails with Skwerl, to disprove that particular theory.

'People have drawn lines through Billy/APC and NIN connections. But you can't throw a rock in Hollywood without hitting someone who worked on Chinese Democracy. I know people closer to it than Billy. Sean Beavan is actually a really good friend of mine. I hung out with Duff for awhile a few weeks ago. It's a small world. But no one in the APC or NIN camps had anything to do with what I got.'

Edited by NGOG

I know, man. I was here too when he said that.

What I am saying is that even if someone mentioned the leaker's name here on the topic he wouldn't quote it and reply: "YES! That's him! You got it, guys."

It wasn't a game. He would say - and so he did - that all out theories were wrong. Even if we had found out exactly what happened and posted it on the topic he would say "Nah, that's not what happened because of that and that and that..." And he is not stupid, he would make up a plausible reason for why it's not that.

Edited by ManetsBR

What I am saying is that even if someone mentioned the leaker's name here on the topic he wouldn't quote it and reply: "YES! That's him! You got it, guys."

It wasn't a game. He would say - and so he did - that all out theories were wrong. Even if we had found out exactly what happened and posted it on the topic he would say "Nah, that's not what happened because of that and that and that..." And he is not stupid, he would make up a plausible reason for why it's not that.

You don't understand. He wasn't speaking to me as a public forum; we were developing the foundations of an interview scheduled for March. Which I can only presume he didn't feel himself ready to try.

'People have drawn lines through Billy/APC and NIN connections. But you can't throw a rock in Hollywood without hitting someone who worked on Chinese Democracy. I know people closer to it than Billy. Sean Beavan is actually a really good friend of mine. I hung out with Duff for awhile a few weeks ago. It's a small world. But no one in the APC or NIN camps had anything to do with what I got.'

Didn't Skwerl write that in the thread itself?

He's obviously looking for cash. He's not gonna reveal his source for "us".

Didn't Skwerl write that in the thread itself?
He copied and pasted from our emails and put some of it into the thread because Manets had contacted him and immediately reported his reply publicly.

Another part, to satsify your doubts:

'I believe delays would have continued without some sort of event... be it a leak, or Axl getting hit by a donut truck, or something that put Axl/old Guns into the public consciousness. They wanted to do a deal like Best Buy where they could just dump it for one lump sum because they didn't believe it would sell. For that to happen, Best Buy needed to believe people cared. The label used the hype about the leaks to close that deal. We have evidence of all of this from our investigation, and had we gone to trial, it would have been a big part of our case.'

Edited by NGOG

just post all your emails. this shit is fascinating, especially the part about the label knowing cd wouldn't sell well, and trying to generate hype to push through a best buy deal. i'd like to hear the whole story.

azoff was a genius and the best buy deal was brilliant.

Edited by HisRoyalSweetness