Who was the 'household name' that leaked Chinese Democracy to Skwerl?

Guest NGOG

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under that description, the APC/NIN theory is extremely plausible.

A final snippet from my emails with Skwerl, to disprove that particular theory.

'People have drawn lines through Billy/APC and NIN connections. But you can't throw a rock in Hollywood without hitting someone who worked on Chinese Democracy. I know people closer to it than Billy. Sean Beavan is actually a really good friend of mine. I hung out with Duff for awhile a few weeks ago. It's a small world. But no one in the APC or NIN camps had anything to do with what I got.'

Didn't Skwerl write that in the thread itself?
He copied and pasted from our emails and put some of it into the thread because Manets had contacted him and immediately reported his reply publicly.

Another part, to satsify your doubts:

'I believe delays would have continued without some sort of event... be it a leak, or Axl getting hit by a donut truck, or something that put Axl/old Guns into the public consciousness. They wanted to do a deal like Best Buy where they could just dump it for one lump sum because they didn't believe it would sell. For that to happen, Best Buy needed to believe people cared. The label used the hype about the leaks to close that deal. We have evidence of all of this from our investigation, and had we gone to trial, it would have been a big part of our case.'

This could explain why CD II has not been released and the constant touring.... Build up some hype..

fernando, or his cousin, or vanessa - for money

azoff - to destroy the band and force a reuinion

beta - to release axl from the CD "nightmare"

axl himself - to built up a hype and to "test" the waters

slash - you know for what...

the label - to speed up a release date to prevent any further delays

The screwball was a heck of a pitch. But how/why would he get the songs?

The answer is Fernando

I was only guessing but maybe just hanging around the studio?? I suppose it could be that easy, he is trusted.

Wasn't he found to have been passing songs around to his close freinds? I can't remember the whole story, maybe another forum member does and can explain.

A final snippet from my emails with Skwerl, to disprove that particular theory.

'People have drawn lines through Billy/APC and NIN connections. But you can't throw a rock in Hollywood without hitting someone who worked on Chinese Democracy. I know people closer to it than Billy. Sean Beavan is actually a really good friend of mine. I hung out with Duff for awhile a few weeks ago. It's a small world. But no one in the APC or NIN camps had anything to do with what I got.'

Is this Billy you speak of, Billy B, who used to post on here? Because at a time, he had Jackie Chan and two people heard it from him over the phone. He goes by "tippin" on this board and I believe MSL also heard from him.

A final snippet from my emails with Skwerl, to disprove that particular theory.'People have drawn lines through Billy/APC and NIN connections. But you can't throw a rock in Hollywood without hitting someone who worked on Chinese Democracy. I know people closer to it than Billy. Sean Beavan is actually a really good friend of mine. I hung out with Duff for awhile a few weeks ago. It's a small world. But no one in the APC or NIN camps had anything to do with what I got.'

Is this Billy you speak of, Billy B, who used to post on here? Because at a time, he had Jackie Chan and two people heard it from him over the phone. He goes by "tippin" on this board and I believe MSL also heard from him.

I think their talking about Billy Howerdel, Axls old guitar tech, and the lead guitarist for a perfect circle.

It was not Fernando. He is allegedly responsible for a previous batch of leaks.

A household name. Who it makes sense would have a copy. A person that would not want to be named but Skwerl was willing to expose anyway.

Edited by NGOG

Could it be Axl?? Who else is known by everyone and has good reason to have a copy of the unfinished songs?

No producer is A household name. No manager is a household name or newgnr bandmember either. Buckethead? He isnt known by everyone though. I think its Axl...

Could it be Axl?? Who else is known by everyone and has good reason to have a copy of the unfinished songs?

No producer is A household name. No manager is a household name or newgnr bandmember either. Buckethead? He isnt known by everyone though. I think its Axl...

It would explain why Axl's people let Skwerl off pretty lightly.

That said, the way in which Skwerl described this person to me didn't scream Axl.

MSL's list, which supposedly depicts Axl's 'enemies'

Alan Niven

Tom Zutaut

Mike Clink

David Geffen

Bryn Bridenthal

Arlette Vereeke

Doug Goldstein

Peter Paterno

Lee Phillips

Eddie Rosenblatt

Jimmy Iovine

Bert Diexler

Charles Sussman

Michael Oppenheim

Ken Hertz

Universal

Vivendi

Merck Mercuriadis

Sanctuary

Howard Weitzman

Izzy

Duff

Steven

Matt

Gilby

McBob

Adam Day

Robert John

Gene Kirkland

Marc Canter

Few household names there. David Geffen himself perhaps? Doubtful.

The answer is Fernando

I was only guessing but maybe just hanging around the studio?? I suppose it could be that easy, he is trusted.

Wasn't he found to have been passing songs around to his close freinds? I can't remember the whole story, maybe another forum member does and can explain.

The darknemus and MSL leaks came from the portuguese guys, who got their songs with Fernando's friends from Santos, Brazil.

As for the whole APC/NIN theory, you can read the whole thing here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196062-the-definitive-chinese-democracy-leaks-thread/

It's on Skwerl's source. The mods locked this thread, reason why I can't edit it and copy everything to post right here. It's a good read, enjoy.

The answer is Fernando

The darknemus and MSL leaks came from the portuguese guys, who got their songs with Fernando's friends from Santos, Brazil.

As for the whole APC/NIN theory, you can read the whole thing here:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/196062-the-definitive-chinese-democracy-leaks-thread/

It's on Skwerl's source. The mods locked this thread, reason why I can't edit it and copy everything to post right here. It's a good read, enjoy.

Thanks for clarifying.