The term NuGnR

fantomas

The current band should be called (Axl) Rose and Cover.

What about Smashing Pumpkins? Billy and Cover?

>All songs written and composed by Billy Corgan

Does this ring a bell?

You will find that on pretty much all their album booklets.

So what you're trying to say is Billy pulled a Slash? Wrote EVERYTHING from a-z and told the band members to play it? I'm not sure that's the case.....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ If there is one band I know more about than Guns N' Roses, it's Smashing Pumpkins. Fact is, even at the height of their fame, Billy Corgan did 95% of the songwriting and instruments (besides drums of course). That's not to say James Iha (the second guitarist from the original lineup) or D'arcy (the bass player) did not have a say in the music, but it was much less of a collaborative effort than a group like the GN'R that put out Appetite for Destruction. If you want to be more specific, the lineup of Smashing Pumpkins that recorded Oceania is more of a "group" in the word than specific lineup. Every member of the current lineup plays on the albums.

I still miss James and D'arcy though.

OP said it the best the current lineup is the longest stable lineup. For example to me Tommy is the legendary bassist of GNR.

Nu is not even a proper word in this context and it's shows lack of intelligence when people use it as in NU GNR.

There is not much 'stability' with Nugnr/newgnr (whatever you call it). Guns N' Roses, post 1999, are about the most unstable line-up in history! They leak members virtually every year.

We are going on 5 years with the current lineup...they don't 'leak" members virtually "every year".

Has GNR ever had a stable line up for 5 years?

Four years to be precise. And it is only a matter of time before Bumblefoot ditches ship.

Edited by DieselDaisy

OP said it the best the current lineup is the longest stable lineup. For example to me Tommy is the legendary bassist of GNR.

Nu is not even a proper word in this context and it's shows lack of intelligence when people use it as in NU GNR.

There is not much 'stability' with Nugnr/newgnr (whatever you call it). Guns N' Roses, post 1999, are about the most unstable line-up in history! They leak members virtually every year.

We are going on 5 years with the current lineup...they don't 'leak" members virtually "every year".

Four years to be precise. And it is only a matter of time before Bumblefoot ditches ship.

Going on 5 and BBF ain't going anywhere.

Yes, from June 6th 1985-July 11th 1990 (AFD-Lies lineup).

OldGNR had the longest lasting lineups:

AFD/Lies Lineup (5 years)

UYI tour/TSI lineup (2 years)

Sympathy for the Devil lineup (2 years)

UYI lineup (1 year and a half)

Compared to:

Current Lineup (4 years)

2007-2009 lineup (2 years)

1998-2000 lineup (2 years)

2000-2001 lineup (1 year)

2001-2002 lineup (1 year)

2006-2007 lineup (1 year)

Edited by Vincent Vega

Didn't take a census,

It's time that we did. Since it was your idea, you come up with the parameters. You, Downzy and I will get to the bottom of this once and for all. For the good of MyGNR forumites everywhere!
u mad aren't u?

English definitely isn't your first language, is it?

not it isn't. your point is?

lol wut?

he clearly stated many times he hasn't got any respect for GNR

you are a joke sometimes

it turned into a revolving door cast of unknowns.

Nine Inch Nails, Sixx AM and The Replacements are unknown?

NIN is popular

Sixx AM is only popular because of Mötley

The Replacements? yes they are a relatively unkown band for most part of the world

Blame on Bucket himself. He's not a band guy.

yeah like Axl since 1989. oops

Edited by Crash Diet

Didn't take a census,

It's time that we did. Since it was your idea, you come up with the parameters. You, Downzy and I will get to the bottom of this once and for all. For the good of MyGNR forumites everywhere!
u mad aren't u?

English definitely isn't your first language, is it?

not it isn't. your point is?

My point is that if you were a native English speaker, you would know that there wasn't even the slightest amount of anger in that post. Since it's not your first language, I'll forgive you.