Happy Record Store Day!

Dan H.

Support your local record store!

Post your finds!

Got two White Stripes LP singles, AFD LP, and m.b.v. LP.

Heading to the other record store to see what they have. I have my eye on a limited edition In Rainbows vinyl box set I saw there last week.

Guest Len B'stard

Ive never owned a record player in my life, i wish i had though cuz they say they sound much better. I think i had a great propensity to be a big viynl nerd in my younger days but i was just never exposed to it so it never happened and now i got too many football matches to get on to be bothered, then again maybe its worth it cuz its not like i listen to a huge lot of new music.

Local indie store near me is too damn expensive anymore, and the selection has literally been the same for years.

I ended up going to FYE and scored three used CDs for a total of 13 bucks and change.

The store closest to me isn't all that expensive, but they definitely have the same problem with their selection. I've seen the same albums sitting there for years and their catalog isn't terribly deeper than you'd find at Walmart most times.

My favorites from Parade are I Wonder U, Girls & Boys, Life Can Be So Nice and of course Kiss.

Looks like the only album you didn't list from that time period is Around The World, too psychedelic?

Gold Experience is one of his better albums too.

Life Could Be So Nice, I Wonder U and Sometimes it Snows in April are my faves on Parade. Especially the former - Sheila E. drives the fuck of of thay song with the double kick and the cowbell.

I simply didn't note Around the World because I dont have it. I'm sure its great. More than the Revolution itself, I think Wendy and Lisa were the best thing he could have had in his pocket and he ended up royally fucking himself. Especially on Parade, you could see that progression with them becoming his equals.

Ive never owned a record player in my life, i wish i had though cuz they say they sound much better. I think i had a great propensity to be a big viynl nerd in my younger days but i was just never exposed to it so it never happened and now i got too many football matches to get on to be bothered, then again maybe its worth it cuz its not like i listen to a huge lot of new music.

I wouldn't say the quality is objectively better. In fact, FLAC files sound 'cleaner', but I prefer the way vinyl sounds more raw, and dirty.

If I may be so bold Lenny, I'd have to guess that you'd like vinyl sound quality. Especially considering your music tastes.

My little town is gifted with three record stores, and between the three of them you could find anything. One is a used record store, with thousands of artists and albums(mostly pre-2000's stuff, very classic rock heavy), one is mostly indie post 2000 stuff, with weekly new releases, and one has your typical popular music.

All locally owned

Edited by LiveFromNormal

Local indie store near me is too damn expensive anymore, and the selection has literally been the same for years.

I ended up going to FYE and scored three used CDs for a total of 13 bucks and change.

The store closest to me isn't all that expensive, but they definitely have the same problem with their selection. I've seen the same albums sitting there for years and their catalog isn't terribly deeper than you'd find at Walmart most times.

Yep.

This store is a local chain, they used to be THE place to go for music. It's just been a joke the last few years.

When FYE has a better selection, there's a problem.

• 3 months later...

Thought I'd dig this thread up since it's a good place to discuss vinyl LPs.

I'm a HUGE vinyl fan and RSD is always a big deal for me. I'm blessed with a lot of really solid record stores here in Detroit and I buy pretty much all my music as vinyl if it's available on the format.

I'm a HUGE vinyl fan and RSD is always a big deal for me. I'm blessed with a lot of really solid record stores here in Detroit and I buy pretty much all my music as vinyl if it's available on the format.

If you're ever up in London Ontario for a concert or anything, hit up Speed City Records.

Very cool indi store.

If you're ever up in London Ontario for a concert or anything, hit up Speed City Records.

Very cool indi store.

Thanks for the heads up. Anyone who's ever around Detroit, feel free to hit me up and I'll tell you where all the good ones are.