No one gives a fuck about Tracii, Rob and Ole

Vincent Vega

I get tired of the new band apologists who say that "the AFD lineup wasn't the original lineup because of Tracii, Rob and Ole". No one gives a shit about them, the general public doesn't give a fuck about them or even know about them, they never contributed ANYTHING--Not a single recording, not a single note, not even a cheap demo tape. They were not the original lineup of Guns N' Roses. No one gives a fuck about them. The AFD-Lies lineup was the first real lineup of Guns N' Roses. Look at the Rolling Stones. They had guys as bassists and drummers before Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts joined, but does anyone know or care about them, do they have any part in the Stones history or legacy? Nope. Same case with GN'R.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get tired of the new band apologists who say that "the AFD lineup wasn't the original lineup because of Tracii, Rob and Ole". No one gives a shit about them, the general public doesn't give a fuck about them or even know about them,

Then it is VERY important that we lecture the ignorant masses about them otherwise they will continue to make fools of themselves by referring to later lineups as "the original lineup". Stupid unwashed masses.

they never contributed ANYTHING--Not a single recording, not a single note, not even a cheap demo tape.

Completely irrelevant.

They were not the original lineup of Guns N' Roses.

I take it you don't understand what "original" means. It means "the first".

No one gives a fuck about them. The AFD-Lies lineup was the first real lineup of Guns N' Roses.

No, the AFD lineup was the first GN'R lineup that released music, but not the first GN'R lineup.

*yawn*

Saying, "no one gives a fuck about them" is mean-spirited. I agree that they might not have recorded a lot of output, and were not in the band a terribly long time, but their presence was vitally important to GN'R. Even if they just acted as a stepping stone for the AFD lineup to get together, they are just as important as everyone else.

The only "original line-up" anybody cares about is the one that was signed and released AFD. If you're really that pedantic you want to hang onto the fact that there was a very brief earlier incarnation so be it but to 99.9% of people original = AFD. :shrugs:

The only people I've ever really encountered who give any credence to the Tracii/Rob/Ole line up are those who do so for no other reason than to belittle the contribution to the GnR legacy of Slash, Duff and Steven. Well apart from Soul Monster but then he's Norwegian or something so that doesn't really count. :lol:

Saying, "no one gives a fuck about them" is mean-spirited. I agree that they might not have recorded a lot of output, and were not in the band a terribly long time, but their presence was vitally important to GN'R. Even if they just acted as a stepping stone for the AFD lineup to get together, they are just as important as everyone else.

They didn't record or even write anything. They were just guys on stage playing under the GN'R name. That's all. If playing on stage as "GN'R" makes one a member of the band than I guess we can count Fred Coury as a member of GN'R since he briefly replaced Steven for several live shows. Tracii only played 5 live performances with Axl, Duff and Izzy. Ole played only one show with GN'R and Rob only played two.

Edited by Vincent Vega

If playing on stage as "GN'R" makes one a member of the band than I guess we can count Fred Coury as a member of GN'R since he briefly replaced Steven for several live shows.

And now I intend to blow your little mind by presenting you to two new terms: "temporary band members" and "permanent band members". Did you die?

The only "original line-up" anybody cares about is the one that was signed and released AFD. If you're really that pedantic you want to hang onto the fact that there was a very brief earlier incarnation so be it but to 99.9% of people original = AFD. :shrugs:

And the large majority of people believe in gods, too.

Fighting ignorance everywhere.

To all you guys who say that Tracii, Rob and Ole wasn't part of the original lineup of GN'R, what exact lineup were they part of? ;). Or are you saying the band didn't exist until Slash, Steven and Duff joined the band? If so, haven't you seen the posters from the 5 first gigs?

Soulmonster, what is your favorite song by the Axl/Tracii/Izzy/Ole/Rob lineup?

Irrelevant and daft. Just like you.

I get tired of the new band apologists who say that "the AFD lineup wasn't the original lineup because of Tracii, Rob and Ole". No one gives a shit about them, the general public doesn't give a fuck about them or even know about them,

Then it is VERY important that we lecture the ignorant masses about them otherwise they will continue to make fools of themselves by referring to later lineups as "the original lineup". Stupid unwashed masses.

:lol:

Legally it's only a band when they are signed. I'm sure there's no legal paper work anywhere that tracii/guns/ole mentioned on it anywhere. So the AFG line up were the original lineup.

Anything before that is just a bunch of guys trying out to see if they work well with each other or not. A rehearsal lineup.

Izzy said it in an interview and some people take it as gospel I guess. Slash, Axl, and Steven predate GNR anyway.

The songs from Hollywood Rose were enough to have originals going forward in GNR, but once you had Slash, Duff, and Izzy in the same room, that's where the magic happened.

These were the Hollywood Rose songs according to Chris, but it may have changed when Slash & Steven joined:

"Killing Time", "Shadow of your love", "Hollywood Girls", "Anything Goes" , "Beat on my Head", "Back off Bitch", "International Boys", "That Something, Rocker", "Cold Hard Cash" and "Rock and Roll Rose".

Legally it's only a band when they are signed. I'm sure there's no legal paper work anywhere that tracii/guns/ole mentioned on it anywhere. So the AFG line up were the original lineup.

Anything before that is just a bunch of guys trying out to see if they work well with each other or not. A rehearsal lineup.

Heh, so by following this logic then every group of musicians playing together but still hasn't released anything or signed any internal contracts, are not in a band. That disqualifies a heck of a lot of aspiring group of musicians from being "bands", it is also in conflict with literal definition of what a "band" is.

I sure am gonna tell many of my friends that, sorry, according to a fellow at a GN'R forum you are not really playing in a "band", only a "rehearsal lineup".

Edited by SoulMonster