Anyone Else Have "Scraped" As Their Favorite Track in ChiDem?

ChristmasFnatic

scraped is a rock song with 0% testosterone. it's GNR's worst rocker. The layering of voices in the intro would make the members of Queen and Trent Reznor kill themselves or at least explode their ears. there's no riff, the chorus rhymes YOU with YOU and the solo is generic and boring. on top of that, the overproduction, the clear copy and paste style throughout the whole song. it's terrible.

scraped is a rock song with 0% testosterone. it's GNR's worst rocker. The layering of voices in the intro would make the members of Queen and Trent Reznor kill themselves or at least explode their ears. there's no riff, the chorus rhymes YOU with YOU and the solo is generic and boring. on top of that, the overproduction, the clear copy and paste style throughout the whole song. it's terrible.

You think the solo is generic? Point me out how many fretless guitar solos with sliding you can find out there. Oh, and the riffing is there. Too bad you cant hear it. That's understandable though.

You think the solo is generic? Point me out how many fretless guitar solos with sliding you can find out there. Oh, and the riffing is there. Too bad you cant hear it. That's understandable though.

lol, fanboy. i'm sorry bruno, fretless or not the solo is boring and the notes are generic. it's not like the fretless guitar takes the solo to another level. you think you're a guitar master or something so it's impossible to discuss it with you. but trust me, there's more to the guitar than speed and technique. maybe one day you will actually discover what "feeling" is.

Edited by maynard

lol, fanboy. i'm sorry bruno, fretless or not the solo is boring and the notes are generic. it's not like the fretless guitar takes the solo to another level. you think you're a guitar master or something so it's impossible to discuss it with you. but trust me, there's more to the guitar than speed and technique. maybe one day you will actually discover what "feeling" is.

I don't think I'm a guitar master at all. What I do know though is that fretless sliding gives you a much more freedom than you'd get on a fretted guitar. The sliding sounds way different and the whole solo is based on fretless sliding. It's ok not to like the solo, but I don't think it's a generic at all. Even if you show me a similar solo or two (and I've heard a lot of guitar solos in my life, lol) it wouldnt be enough to fall into the generic category. Maybe the wah pedal gave you an overall generic feeling?

The riffing is great to me. Bucket's work is awesome, especially the lick right before the second verse. The outro solo is also a standout to me. See? You don't like the guitar work and I love it. The vocals on the choruses don't do it for me, but the verses sound great.

Depends on the stereo. On a high quality stereo, it rocks hard and sounds huge, especially the guitars beneath solo. On a mediocre stereo or CD player it seems to lack punch and definition. But the same goes for a lot of CD; it is really an album that requires a good stereo or set of headphones to fully enjoy. But this is one of the songs where the difference is very noticeable. I think the drumming on Scraped is excellent. Lyrically, it's not Axl's best effort.

I don't think it's one of the better songs on the album. Though it did sound pretty awesome the few times they played it live.

Depends on the stereo. On a high quality stereo, it rocks hard and sounds huge, especially the guitars beneath solo. On a mediocre stereo or CD player it seems to lack punch and definition. But the same goes for a lot of CD; it is really an album that requires a good stereo or set of headphones to fully enjoy. But this is one of the songs where the difference is very noticeable. I think the drumming on Scraped is excellent. Lyrically, it's not Axl's best effort.

I don't think it's one of the better songs on the album. Though it did sound pretty awesome the few times they played it live.

When music needs a good sound system to sound really great, then it's not really a great album.

AC/DC Highway to Hell sounds fantastic on a 10K soundsystem and it rocks the hell out of a $20 no-name boombox.

IMO Scraped would have been much better with a different intro and mix. The last 20 seconds or so of the tune is the level of intensity the entire song should have sounded like, it just doesn't have as much power as it could have.

I like all the songs on CD except TIL and ITW.

I think Scraped is probably the most straight up rocker on the album. Riad and CD have intros that are too long. Axl uses his new voice throughout the whole song, which I think turns a lot of people away, but I like it.

I love this song. I know a lot loves TWAT, but for some reason, I couldnt get into it. But who knows in the future? God knows I didnt enjoy "Locomotive" til after many years(now its in my top 5).

Anyway I think "Scraped" is the best rocker in ChiDem... better than "ChiDem"(song) or "Shackler's"

TWAT is my fav from the album but i love Scraped. Much better with the drum intro in live

Edited by Crash Diet

I have to agree, it's in my top three for the album. I couldn't say that Scraped is better than TWAT or Better, but I'd consider it maybe my personal favorite since everyone else hates it.

I love Scraped, and that Russia show in 2010 was the best performance of it.

I'd say Prague was a better performance based on the videos
Still no recordings of the 2011 performance? that's the last time they performed it

Considering Rasp-a-palooza in 2010, the last time being 2011 probably indicates that he can't consistently handle Scraped right now. Same with IRS.