Your favourite replacement player?

machinegunner

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Whoever had last posted and said Sammy Hagar - I accidentally deleted your post. On the mobile version of the forum the quote and delete buttons are next to each other, and my phone registered the wrong one, sorry :lol:

Are you sure it was accidental - be honest? Are you sure you are not just a big Diamond Dave fan?

Whoever had last posted and said Sammy Hagar - I accidentally deleted your post. On the mobile version of the forum the quote and delete buttons are next to each other, and my phone registered the wrong one, sorry :lol:

Are you sure it was accidental - be honest? Are you sure you are not just a big Diamond Dave fan?

Of course I am, but I was going to quote whoever posted it (Didn't even look) and accidentally clicked delete. It happens more than I'd like to admit :tongue2:

^ I like Rick Duffay & Jimmy Crespo but I can't tell which of them is playing what. Might have to look out for some bootlegs from that Aerosmith period...

I picked Corabi but I would also pick Bruce Kulick. Too bad their band Union isn't around any more, they kicked ass. Slash now has their drummer (Brent Fitz).

A lot of good names, my favorite replacement players (it doesn't mean they were better)

Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham - Fleetwood Mac

Joe Walsh - The Eagles

Tommy Bolin - James Gang and Deep Purple

David Gilmour - Pink Floyd

Ron Wood and Mick Taylor - Rolling Stones

Phil Collins - Genesis (as drummer more than vocalist)

Neil Peart - Rush

Ringo Starr - The Beatles

Ronnie James Dio - Black Sabbath

John Frusciante - RHCP

Dave Grohl - Nirvana

Bruce Dickenson and Nicko McBrain - Iron Maiden

Kirk Hammett & Jason Newsted- Metallica

Ripper Owens - Judas Priest

Mike Patton - FNM

Sammy Hagar - VH

Graham Bonnett - Rainbow

Jerry Nolan - NY Dolls

Eric Carr and Bruce Kulick - KISS

Jake E Lee - Ozzy

John Bush - Anthrax

Eddie Jobson - Roxy Music

Jason Becker and John 5 - David Lee Roth

Marty Friedman - Megadeth

^ I like Rick Duffay & Jimmy Crespo but I can't tell which of them is playing what. Might have to look out for some bootlegs from that Aerosmith period...

I picked Corabi but I would also pick Bruce Kulick. Too bad their band Union isn't around any more, they kicked ass. Slash now has their drummer (Brent Fitz).

There's 3 or 4 soundboard bootlegs floating around from the RIAPH era.

Jimmy was predominately playing lead, and Rick was just rhythm.

Granted, Rick is miming Whitford's parts in LS, but that's pretty much how it was.

Agree they did a great job.

Reminds me of a story I recall about Dufay. The first time Steven Tyler saw Dufay he was someone hanging around with The Rolling Stones. Tyler thought, "who the fuck is THIS upstart, hangin' with the stones?!" so he immediately challenged him to an armwrestle....

way to meet!

Agree they did a great job.

Reminds me of a story I recall about Dufay. The first time Steven Tyler saw Dufay he was someone hanging around with The Rolling Stones. Tyler thought, "who the fuck is THIS upstart, hangin' with the stones?!" so he immediately challenged him to an armwrestle....

way to meet!

Haha. Awesome.

Rick actually makes a guest appearance on "Music From Another Dimension" - he plays rhythm on the cover of "Shakey Ground"